Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i didn't read this thread but if anyone's going to make a game named after a French revolutionary month, it should be an adaption of Emile Zola's Germinal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

raditts posted:

For the same reason they chose the name "Thermidor" despite not being accurate to the time period: "it sounds cool in Japanese"

does it though

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

guillotines are no longer used because the French no longer have the death penalty, and that's how they did their death penalty. however I do not think it would be illegal to own a private guillotine for non-state use. and I think using a guillotine in the manner depicted in the upcoming video game "Fructidor" would be encouraged.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

another guillotine fact is that small guillotines are still used all over the world for the purpose of cutting cigars

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Palpek posted:

Yeah, I know. Before smoking one I always pretend the cigar is sentenced to death by the other cigars in the box that serve as a jury. Little do they know that their days are also numbered.

your reign of terror is only going to result in another coup of 9 Humidor II

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

I've heard much worse pitches for mobile games. If they can monetize a game where you're a ninja who cuts fruit they can monetize a game where you're sentencing cigars to death by tiny guillotine.

the game is free but you can spend anywhere from $0.99 to $5.99 on different types of cigars to be included in your humidor and they look slightly different and say different funny lines when you are about to cut them, also for every 10,000 cigars you cut you get a point of égalité and there are a set of custom guillotine blades you can unlock starting at 500 égalité (or you can purchase a subscription of $49.99 a month and get a ration free égalité points delivered to your inbox once per week, if you have signed up for the inbox unlocking feature*)

now that i've solved the funding issue we just need a dev.

*"inbox unlocking feature" requires purchase of inbox (sold separately)

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 9, 2017

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i know how to speak french with a horrible quebecois accent and i also know most of the quebecois swear words.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Palpek posted:

Nah, just messing with you - this wouldn't be in the game as guillotines didn't have levers until the XXth century.

True, but that feature could have been added much earlier if only the Swiss Guard had listened to Armandine Desiree, the original and true inventor of the guillotine lever, who is here depicted on her way to show it to the king. The whole reason she was missing during the tavern fight is because she was off in her lab doing experiments with her personal guillotine, trying to make the mechanisms more efficient.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

GunnerJ posted:

I mean, that would "explain" how they think Google is a "partner," but what about the Indianapolis Motor Speedway? How...? :psyduck:

maybe they bought an inch of advertising at the bottom of some flier they hand out when you buy a hotdog or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

disclaimer: i am not responsible for any decisions made by or within the Indanapolis Motor Speedway nor for any hotdog sales therein

• Locked thread