Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

You loving suck OP and your game is doomed to stagnate at a whopping .4% of your lofty kickstarter goal

if your response to criticism is putting people on ignore and starting new threads you don't loving belong in game design or any creative venture whatsoever. Hand-waving away valid criticisms of your half-assed piece of poo poo game is only going to alienate any minuscule target audience you may have had. You'll notice in the other thread that people have now discovered that you've been shilling the same bullshit all over the internet, and nobody gives a flying gently caress (although the fact that you've raised a whopping $802 is a pretty good indicator of the same thing)

Another reason you're a piece of poo poo is because you melted down over people accusing you of being bad at making video games and went all "well let's see YOUR video game then :smug:" and now you're completely ignoring the fact that yes, multiple people in the thread have experience with game development, and yes, someone is right now working on a game for the game jam thread and it's going to be a finished product by 1 person with zero budget, which is more than you can say with a full team and tons of time. Cancel your bullshit IGG campaign and go back to the drawing board. People gave you tons of valid criticisms and you refuse to take any of it in any constructive way at all.

Post a Banme thread and consider the fact that despite what you think are your best efforts at spreading PR for this game, you've raised $802 from 22 people, and I'm willing to bet that a good chunk of those people are either part of your studio or directly related. It's loving unbelievable that you've learned absolutely nothing and are still dismissing all criticism. You had literally under a dozen posts in that whole thread with genuine interest, but you reacted to that interest with bullshit handwaving and outright hostility.

gently caress you, OP.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lalaland posted:

Whoa stop you're gonna make him cry

Fwiw the music was pretty good op

I'm really just posting into the void since that moron probably already put me on ignore. Even if he didn't I don't expect any of what i said to actually make an impact, OP has clearly proven himself to be completely "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU OUR GAME IS GOOD," his delusions are proven by the fact that he actually felt that people here gave enough of a poo poo to justify closing the last thread and opening this one

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's blatantly obvious that OP isn't actually looking for any feedback and is just interested in shilling the game, so he should probably be banned anyway

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

OP posted this poo poo on Reddit which is basically Nerd Ground Zero and got 8 replies, 1 of which is someone from here https://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/5jpais/thermidor_jrpg_by_hyperdevbox_japan/

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Well then you are blatantly delusional.

You literally have not responded to a single point of criticism with anything but defensive handwaving or deflection or straight-up ignoring the comments. You closed your thread and started a new one instead of actually responding to criticisms with anything but bullshit like "well did you even watch our video?!"

Even now you're just responding with the same fluff instead of addressing anybody's valid criticisms. People are making fun of you and insulting you because they tried genuine constructive criticism and you ignored it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

For this current campaign, I can't say we are too optimistic, but that is irrelevant, as we are going to continue working on this game and find ways to help us fund it one way or another.
This is our first ever crowdfunding campaign, and none of us are experts in the field. We've made some mistakes in marketing the game and presenting it, but have definitely learnt a lot, and are working constantly to improve our pitch.
Marketing the game in three languages (soon four!) was a very good idea, as it is helping in gaining a larger audience in countries where English isn't very strong (Japan & France).

Sadly, a lot.

22 backers and $802 is sad enough just from the USA, you probably shouldn't be so proud of the fact that that's actually the total amount invested across three countries where you've been shilling your crappy tech demo and complete lack of explanation RE: game mechanics beyond "it's a Tactics-style RPG and also we have that Front Mission-style non-combatant interaction deal"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Can you please tell me the difference between these two comments -
"Your game seems to be lacking a lot of bla bla and I think you should bla bla"
"Your game is poo poo. gently caress you OP"

Person 1 will get a reply no matter what he says.
Person 2 will get ignored.

Person 1 has not gotten a legitimate reply as yet, and has also gotten several replies that were pretty defensive. One guy in the last thread wrote a solid post giving you constructive criticism and your response was "well where's your game, huh?" At one point you degenerated to calling someone's opinion into question because they misspelled a word (despite the fact that your posts and your IGG page repeatedly misspelled the word "rifle" which is a pretty crucial thing to get right considering your game's setting.

Grow a thicker skin. You're really going to ignore people if you don't like the way they talk to you?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

I don't think there is lack of interest in the game, but rather a lack of sufficient outreach.

you posted your game concept on Reddit twice, the first time your thread was locked by a mod and the second time you got 8 replies

also despite responding to my initial posts you probably put me on ignore which is dismissive as poo poo and reflects super poorly on you and your studio RE: future customer support. If you can't handle people getting annoyed or making fun of a concept video and 10 seconds of gameplay which is most likely pre-rendered, how are you going to keep your cool if someone who buys the finished product finds a bug or a tech issue and writes you an angry support email?

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 6, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Yes, you are right, if someone uses foul language but has a good point worth responding to, I definitely will. But if someone tells me that my game is poo poo, and I am poo poo, and poo poo this gently caress that, why the hell should I even respect his comment with a reply?

I stopped cursing and am making actual valid points, are you going to respond to any of them?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hello we are releasing a game via crowdfunding, a venture that by definition requires a high level of transparency from our studio!

[an actual game dev asks legit questions about your dev process]

NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, GAWD

like your company put you in charge of PR and you literally told a fellow game developer asking crucial questions "none of your business" :laffo:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

100% sure that OP believes he gets 2 stickied threads because we actually care about the kickstarter

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

wow looks like OP made it a whopping 3 pages this time before getting laughed out of his own stickied thread and abandoning ship

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

who the gently caress would intentionally take credit for making Agarest War

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mister Adequate posted:

To be fair it would indicate an ability to make something unbelievably, ball-crushingly complicated, which is probably a plus in game design. Gotta keep a lot of plates spinning, you know?

considering their complete lack of ability to explain the core mechanics of their project beyond "it's an FFT-style RPG" and "also if an enemy is in your way he may shoot at you even though it's not his turn" I'd say that's even more evidence they had very little to do with Agarest

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Reiterpallasch posted:

also OP i'm probably on your ignore list but i'm a huge loving weeaboo, have beaten final fantasy v something like 22 times, and was pursuing a history minor with my senior thesis on the french revolution so if your pitch didn't work on me it's not going to work on literally anyone

So you're a game dev with experience in RPGs and a strong background in French history?

HomerDimBot, you guys need to hire this man because he will probably singlehandedly put out a better product than what you're doing

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Reiterpallasch posted:

they unironcally can't afford my consulting fee

I think OP has covered this and what they can and can't afford is none of your drat business, tyvm

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

That's a whole lotta genuine/earnest :words: for an OP that hasn't been here since page 2

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Palpek posted:

Yeah, I know. Before smoking one I always pretend the cigar is sentenced to death by the other cigars in the box that serve as a jury. Little do they know that their days are also numbered.

Earwicker posted:

your reign of terror is only going to result in another coup of 9 Humidor II

I've heard much worse pitches for mobile games. If they can monetize a game where you're a ninja who cuts fruit they can monetize a game where you're sentencing cigars to death by tiny guillotine.

e: in fact since hooperdumbbox seems to be so good at mobile games maybe they should work on that instead of Generic JRPG But In France

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

your image link is broken but that's somehow more appropriate so

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mister Adequate posted:

Man I was reading through this getting more and more worried and then I see, right by the end, my name. I'm going to treasure this right here. :allears:

:same:

e: I'm too lazy to do the legwork but I wonder how many posts in this whole thread are from non-ignored users

e2: I'm 2nd on the list booyah, drat you node

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i assumed because your campaign hasn't attracted any support or word of mouth and when I search google for thermidor all I get is recipes for lobster which a) makes me hungry and b) makes me think you picked a stupid name for your terrible game.

whoever you paid to market this should give you a refund.

welcome to the ignore list, friend

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Wait so the guy who started the threads got fired? And now the composer is doing PR? Hey man, if you're gonna give this whole PR thing another shot maybe take everyone off your ignore list and give actual interaction another shot. If you want to do better than the last guy, step 1 is to take your fingers out of your ears and realize that maybe the giant list of people who offended the last guy actually had some valid things to say!

Someone who's not ignored quote dis so my homeslice Ron can see it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I, too, post my music on a public, searchable website and then get frustrated when people share links to it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

SSNeoman posted:

Let it never be said I didn't try before pissing into a well.

Hi OP, I'm a guy who spent about 600 bucks on various video game kickstarters with currently very little to show for it. I'm not upset by this and would gladly step onto that rake again.

Your approach to crowdfunding is not gonna work. Straight up. I'm telling it to you as a shining omen that streaks across the heavens.

You say the reason the game still hasn't got a proper workable demo is because of personal reasons? Well guess what, those reasons are no longer personal as soon as crowdfunding enters the fray. Valdas Story's dev had a death in the family which was responsible for the delay. Cross Code's devs admitted to schedule slips being caused by Overwatch (they made up for it with a lot of fantastic improvements to their game). Dysfunctional Systems 2 fell through and the lead dev posted a post-mortem, and I understood, was saddened and I did not ask for my 150 bucks back. We are people, we can emphasize.
On the flip side, Star Citizen is losing their white knights because they have little to show for it. And that game is miraculously more playable than yours. Which, seriously, for shame dude. Mighty Number 9 did this (among other crowdfunding nonos) and its reputation speaks for itself.

The second your personal reasons affect your game, they stop being personal. That's what you pay for crowdfunding.

lol you gave $150 to KS a visual novel and didn't even ask for a refund when the dev literally said he stopped caring about the game and openly offered refunds

e: you donated to Thermidor already didn't you

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

The first four two battles of the game!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

not replacing the roll was a guillotine-worthy offense back then yknow

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ignored users still show up in threads, right? It just replaces their post with a "this user is on your ignore list" thing?

It's funny that everytime Mr. Ron checks this thread he sees that 90% of the people that are actually posting here are on his ignore list, I dunno what kind of cognitive dissonance is going on in his head to make that seem like an acceptable situation.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Please do. All of you can critique!

not all of us :smith:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Prism posted:

after some real hard work.

hahahahahahaha

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I am very interested but I also think you should PM your posts to me and let me post them so that happydumbox can't see them :v:

he doesn't deserve them

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Why is that?

Someone tell him to google "shovelware"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I would definitely believe that HBD did the art for these games

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lmao if you go to their website on the about page

SOME OF OUR KEY PARTNERS

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Firestone
Nvidia
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Google
Apple

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sole.Sushi posted:

Was he?

Oh, no, he was not because he's still you. Do your company a favor and remove yourself from being a PR liaison. You are terrible at it. Oh, and good job not addressing anything I brought up about your conduct, your company or the damage that you, personally, have done to its reputation.

you are so ignored

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thursday Next posted:

lol are you really so stupid / sheltered that you think saying "I work at Google (or Apple or Microsoft)" is going to make everyone think you have insider knowledge about everything that goes on there

what a random thing to be mad about

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Can't wait for hbd to come back and notice the thread name change :allears:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

SSNeoman posted:

From a while back, but why would I? The money has been spent and paid to people. The project didn't happen and the guy was sincere, I'm not gonna kick him when he's down by asking for a refund.

e: in case the giant stare emote isn't enough of an explanation, that money was spent on a very broad category called "not making the game you paid for." The guy was as sincere about making the game at the start as he was about how he literally lost interest by the end and also literally told people the proper process to ask for a refund so it's really funny to me that your response is "welp I hope he enjoyed spending that $150 on booze/drugs/anime/not making the erotic anime CYOA novella I paid for"

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 18, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah I didn't say he was an rear end in a top hat I said he lost interest in the project and that he provided repeated opportunities for refunds

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

best thing is ol' Ron 100% guaranteed didn't learn a thing and abandoned this thread because we're a bunch of pessimistic, unhelpful trolls :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The White Dragon posted:

millennial hand and shrimp

I told em, buggrit

• Locked thread