Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Okay so these Swiss Guards show up and the protagonist has clearly done something wrong, answers the door with a rifle which he drops when he sees who it is. He is wanted for some kind of crime and in running away from the consequences of his actions he also steals produce from a hardworking street vendor who is probably on a lower economic scale than the son of a family who own and run a successful tavern that has enough cashflow to afford to laugh about spilling and ruining several full meals' worth of food.

These are our heroes, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Ok well I mistook a broom for a rifle that's my bad. But he still drops the broom in reaction, knowing they are there for him and perpetrates a theft as well.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

hyperdevbox posted:

We've been working on an animated intro for Thermidor, which shows the events preceding the start of the game.
It is still a draft, but check it out, and let me know your thoughts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgjS532bsJE

I brought this up before but I'm not really sure how we're supposed to relate to a criminal protagonist (not some random oppressive raid as evidence by him running from the tavern at the sight of the constabulary who don't start smashing the tavern up and instead give chase) who commits another crime against someone in a lower economic bracket (son of successful tavern owners who can afford to waste considerable quantities of food for a good chuckle) as he avoids responsibility for his actions just because he got some chick's handkerchief and saw her get pushed into a carriage without context (they could have been her bodyguards/household guards). I mean already I have an active dislike of the protagonist just from that in-progress intro based purely upon his behavior.

His character actually seems to be kind of a repugnant egotist and possible sociopath.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I for one want to thank Ron for giving me a safe space on the internet to post and see Les Mis memes without fear of getting swirles

Well really if you think about it Jean Val Jean and Eddie Redmaine get the ultimate swirlies near the end.

• Locked thread