Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
I'm watching the indiegogo video now, and it's like a documentary for a Dreamcast game in 1999. In 2017, that can only work if you're Yu Suzuki. As you've not previously made any cult classics, and what you're showing is pretty generic, and 240,000 dollars is a lot, I don't think this will end in a success. :shrug: That's my quick market analysis for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

a medical mystery posted:

The Guillotine Rush
In case anyone didn't know, TheD has made it to the major leagues with a big 3D release on the PS4. :2bong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGuRHw8ij20

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/skylight-freerange-2-gachduine-psvita/

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

hyperdevbox posted:

The first four battles of the game!

Making good progress with the development, I see.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Ron, isn't Kickstarter available in France? Couldn't your CEO have used a French bank account? Getting 240k would be out of the question either way, but you'd be doing better than on Indiegogo. Aren't you starting to question the leadership of your company after seeing how the campaign's turning out?

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

Thursday Next posted:

Hyperdevbox, your game might be fun (although you're not helping your cause by focusing on artwork and story instead of... you know, gameplay).
They have 3 artists, 1 composer, 1 writer and 1 programmer. They should just make it a visual novel like the one with the birds. Relaunch it on Kickstarter, reduce the goal to something more reasonable, offer a $15 tier, make guillotine senpai datable...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

Reiterpallasch posted:

People are dumb disclaimer: I don't do anything having to do with Android, the store, Play Games, etc right now. I am not privy to anything nonpublic about this mess, and have no decision making power. If I was/did, I wouldn't be posting in this thread. You can be as mean to me as you like and the only thing that will happen is I fume impotently for a bit.
No one cares bro

• Locked thread