Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
OP, how is it like to be an expat living the dream of moving to japan and making games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Chadina posted:

Apparently they posted an update on the campaign including the juiciest part of their game, the theme song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgjS532bsJE

Even the anime opening is about the loving tavern scenario

So that's why there were no attack animations, the game is an SRPG about running away from soldiers

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can only imagine Leandre's girlfriend getting beheaded at the end of the game being the bourgeoisie scum that she is

also Leandre since his father is an ex soldier and they have property and means of production

this will be the happy ending

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

Star Citizen's kickstarter had a 10k top backer tier. Thermidor - Tactical JRPG: The Juicy Screenies has a 35k tier, now this is podracing.

Pretty sure they were thinking "hehe, if we get close enough we can use the 35k tier to reach the goal ourselves".

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
let me pitch a better game idea in the same setting here:

A kagero deception style game where French soldiers of increasing rank will try to invade your tavern and you can thwart them with all sorts of guillotine themed traps

last boss is Louis himself

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok, another pitch here, probably closer to HyperDevBox capabilities:

Since you guys created the award winning app Real Snowglobe, how about creating a Real Guillotine app? Slide it up to arm it, slice the rope to cut someone's head. Allow people to load pictures of other people they hate (loud neighbors, bad bosses, lovely PR managers) and off with their heads!

Man I should be getting paid for this.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yo dev box, this is an important request by a moderator, I don't think you should ignore it.

Palpek posted:

Dear hyperdevbox, as a moderator of this place I'd like to ask you to give me a list of all people who controlled the Something Awful user account of Hyperdevbox, preferably with a timeline. It's an official request for statistical purposes. Thank you.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My lava lamp game is based in ancient rome during Mt. Vesuvius eruption. Our plucky main character scampers away from the lava and snatches an apple from a fruit vendor dying in agony

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There was never a firing or a hiring. It was always ron, it always will be.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Also, I'm actually entertaining the thought of further working this into an real game and selling it. My current job involves developing stuff in Unreal Engine so I'm comfortable with that side of things, but I've never done a game before so I'm not super knowledgeable on how I would get to a finished product what with the sales and marketing and kickstarting and all.

Which kind of job uses unreal engine and it's not game development?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's just like buskers always drop a few dollars on their hats before starting their performances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
RIP Ron. Now you can ignore us all from heaven.

Reminder that Ron had Plat, so that makes it $20.

• Locked thread