Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Old books are like farm equipment.

The joke goes:
"What's the difference between Gonorrhea, Syphilis, and Farm Equipment?"
"You can get rid of Gonorrhea and Syphilis."

The books have value, but only to the person that want's them. You can buy a book for $100, but you can only get $5 for it if you want to sell it.

Best is just to donate or sell them to Half Price Books. You'll only get pennies on the dollar. Look for the few that might be rare. Those you can get good money for. The bulk is barely worth the paper.

I've got about 3,000 books in my house. Probably only 100 of them are worth anything. Just don't throw them away. Someone might want them. You never know. I've got all kinds of weird old stuff that you can't get anywhere but almost no-one want's them.

But I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread