Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
My dad probably has several thousand books amassed. Walls, and closets full of boxes. He likes to buy books on topics of interest. As a high school history teacher, a very large amount of the books would be related to history, politics and education. A lot of other topics, including travel, etc.

Now due to health issues, and moving to a smaller home, I'm trying to help him (or really, help my mom) get rid of as many books, as easily as possible, and try to get some value out of them.

Selling them individually isn't a good option, they couldn't deal with the constant packing + mailing, and I live too far away to help them with that.

Maybe selling lots on specific topics on eBay?

Looking for ideas, and/or to hear about anybody else's experience getting rid of books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Thanks for the advice! Going to look into having some stores/sellers picking through the more valuable stuff, and then donating others. Getting rid of the books is a painful process, but necessary.

• Locked thread