Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
Online is tough as books are heavy and heavy means increased shipping. Call up all the used book stores in town. If you have that many, they will likely send someone out to your home pick through them.

I did this when I sold all my books after I had enough of craigslist. Most stores were fair on the price. It was funny to see one store look at a whole series and tell me that they can't give those away to then have the next store come in and snap them up claiming that they couldn't keep them in stock.

MettleRamiel fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Khizan posted:

You can try half price bookstores and such, but I wouldn't expect too much.

Old history/political/education/travel/etc books can be pretty hard to offload if you want to make anything off of them. There's not a lot of demand for them in the first place, and on top of that a lot of those books age poorly. Be prepared to call every used bookstore in your city.

This guy has a very good point. In all honesty, with the types of books you describe, I feel like you are going to have to end up donating most of the lot

• Locked thread