Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

People are really hesitant to destroy books. Probably as a result of their previous record with censorship. But the fact is probably 90% of what you have is literally garbage. Call a few bookstores or libraries or whatever, let them take what they want, then just recycle the rest.

If this makes you feel bad for some reason, you can donate them to goodwill instead and they'll do it for you:

appleskates posted:

Sadly, I worked for a while as a "e-commerce bookseller" at Goodwill, and they trash/shred/recycle most of the books.

No one wants your "intro to world history, 1987 edition" textbooks, you know?

ColdPie fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

BarbarianElephant posted:

The Little Free Library I pass every day seems to have a problem with people who have difficulty with throwing out useless books, so they put them in the Little Free Library. I actually took out and put in the trash 2 books that were helpful looking guides to the city's schools - published 20 years ago. I've also seen a lot of 10 years out of date tourist guidebooks and guides to Windows 95.

Hey man, this copy of The Idiot's Guide to Windows 95 has untold historical value.

You know who else destroyed books? Nazis. You're not a Nazi, are you?

• Locked thread