Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

To be honest, Godbound's weapons are so abstract, you could just give a rifle a damage die size and call it a day.

EDIT: Heavy weapons would probably have something like "straight damage to mobs" or something.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

In fact this is basically how the Bright Republic's magnetic rifles work according to Kevin, you just essentially treat them the same as bows at the end of the day as far as stats go with the main advantage being that you can carry like 50-100 shots on your person without overburdening yourself.

I guess that's my point. The Bright Republic's modern tech already works alright within the game's rules, that it wouldn't really take much to extrapolate that to space tech.

SunAndSpring posted:

So, I'm wondering, what kind of house rules would you toss in to the game?

Some form of social combat rules and a way for Words like Command and Passion to interact with them. I might just loosely base them off Exalted's intimacies, though.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 17, 2017

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Compatibility with the broader OSR spectrum has always been one of Kevin Crawford's big reasons for why he sticks with the base system he does, but Godbound's expectations and general PC power level is on a level above even stuff like Scarlet Tide which uses some of the same mechanical conceits as Godbound like the alternate damage resolution method and Fray Dice but stops a fair ways short of divine empowerment.

Definitely planning to pillage the monsters from Scarlet Heroes/Red Tide for my PBP Kasirutan Archipelago game. :D Glad he made some Southeast Asian monsters so I didn't have to.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I've seen Crawford describe Lom as "North Korea run by French philosophes" so that's probably not far from the mark.

• Locked thread