Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

well now we know how the story of Jesus and the burning bush happened.

since this is a new page, the link:

ChaosArgate posted:

I started a new LP of HITMAN™ today too! Come check it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
...have you guys gotten to the DLC yet, either in stream or on your own? I ask because of the very first thing Artix said this video.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Weeble posted:

...have you guys gotten to the DLC yet, either in stream or on your own? I ask because of the very first thing Artix said this video.

As of last night's stream, I'm maybe halfway through the DLC, I think?

Fake edit: oh. ooooh I see what you're getting at. :argh:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Can we talk about this house

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Fish Noise posted:

Why, what's wrong with it? You hungry for real-estate?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Let's face it, its a dumb house.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The house has gained pane-sight, it's got ~windows on the inside~

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The quality of this thread just went through the roof

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

tiistai posted:

The quality of this thread just went through the roof

I'm always roofing for a good pun. that said, I think that house's got some bad blood disease. It's got shingles.

double nine fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 9, 2017

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fish Noise posted:

Is this a mimic? If not, why not? This is supposed to be a Souls game!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Time to update the thr- what have you guys done? :allears:

Also, Faerie Fortune, Artix and I are doing something special over on my Beam channel around noon EST, so come join us if you can make time!

https://beam.pro/chaosargate

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Nice job on the Witches! I also really like their fight. A gimmick done right, imho - they are just fragile enough to not make it tedious.

Fun fact: if you have a lot of Insight and I think the day needs to have progressed one more stage, the witch servants start spawning all over Hemwick - so if you do this optional area quite late, the difficulty actually "scales". That's pretty nice. It also means that the crazy summoned monsters are not actually real, or at least the only become real to you if you are insightful enough...

...which means that if you have no Insight whatsoever, you can change the boss fight drastically in your favor!

"But Simon, don't you get one Insight for seeing the boss?"

That's right, but you can Mark out and spend that. Afterwards, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x34y6v-eFcI

(this also shows that the second witch is always there, she just doesn't have a health bar)

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Arcane definitely requires the most investment to go all in on... but the highest tier item isn't really worth it imo. Consumes way too many bullets for what it does.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
We haven't seen my favorite arcane tool yet. Arcane owns, it's great for melting bosses. Standard enemies go down in about the same amount of hits no matter how you build your character which is a shame.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
The nice thing about Arcane, though, is that you get a significant amount of return on going into it in any real degree. It's never really a useless stat.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Apologies for being late, I had literally no time today to put this up until right now.

Simply Simon posted:

Nice job on the Witches! I also really like their fight. A gimmick done right, imho - they are just fragile enough to not make it tedious.

Fun fact: if you have a lot of Insight and I think the day needs to have progressed one more stage, the witch servants start spawning all over Hemwick - so if you do this optional area quite late, the difficulty actually "scales". That's pretty nice. It also means that the crazy summoned monsters are not actually real, or at least the only become real to you if you are insightful enough...

...which means that if you have no Insight whatsoever, you can change the boss fight drastically in your favor!

"But Simon, don't you get one Insight for seeing the boss?"

That's right, but you can Mark out and spend that. Afterwards, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x34y6v-eFcI

(this also shows that the second witch is always there, she just doesn't have a health bar)

I have a bonus video demoing that, actually! It's pretty funny that you can make the easiest boss in the game even easier! I'll get that video up sometime tomorrow when I have more than 10 minutes.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
...could've sworn you couldn't do that thing at the Tomb of Oedon without having bought the Hunter Chief Emblem.

What?

Also: I've always taken an alternate route to the Abandoned Workshop; never knew about those ropes.

Weeble fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 14, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's stream night! Come join us at my Beam channel!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
...did you guys actually send him to Cainhurst this early?

You Monsters.

:allears:

Weeble fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 18, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're actually still a session off from there, because Artix couldn't make the next one and he wanted in on the Cainhurst session. It's still probably a bit early though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That was a very entertaining duel.

Also, that trap was hilarious :allears:

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Excellent choice in duel music.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're streaming tonight! Come join us over at https://beam.pro/chaosargate.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

ChaosArgate posted:

We're streaming tonight! Come join us over at https://beam.pro/chaosargate.

:siren: CHANGE OF PLANS! :siren:

Beam is having issues tonight, so we're streaming here instead: http://www.hitbox.tv/chaosargate

All done!

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 22, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Hate the woods, so much.

Stupid Snake Balls. Stupid Snake Men.

I always sprint through it nowadays.... or at least I want to. drat the good nature of the loot.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

You can also kill Valtr asap to get the man outside to spawn. You'll have to fight him in succession, though!

That's how you get the item he drops early instead of having to farm Vermin (if, like me, you're cheap and have no online on your PS4).

Also, amazing job at the Shadows. That took me far longer (but most bosses do - I tend to think too much if that makes sense. BB really wants you to just get in there, and that does work far more often than not!).

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I always push through the Central Pthumeru chalice dungeon before fighting the Shadows. Gotta get those Shaman Bone Blades, if only for how hilarious they make the fight.

Make them kill each other.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're streaming tonight! This may or may not be the final stream session, so come join us if you can! We're also switching to Twitch because Beam was giving us issues last time and Hitbox has been a bit spotty as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/chaosargate

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Byrgenwerth was the predecessor to the Healing Church, which then split into the Choir and the School of Mensis.

...I really like this game's lore.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

You guys are too handholdy sometimes, I swear. Of course you're intended to "be here" in the Nightmare Frontier - you are obviously encouraged to try out the Tonsil Stone as soon as you get it, and they specifically make it available at a certain point in the game. Also, Argate was doing quite fine...so far.

Otoh, he was letting all the Crystal Lizards go which hurt me deeply, so nevermind I guess :v:.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I don't know if I would've been a happy camper if we finished Nightmare Frontier that session, honestly. Also I was promised Castlevania that session and I wasn't gonna turn that down. :v:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Who says anything about finishing? I'm talking about you dying five to ten times and THEN getting told "you know this is completely optional, right?" :kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

• Locked thread