Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

ChaosArgate posted:

Man don't tell me that, I haven't had the chance or the cash to pick up the DS3 DLC yet and now I really want to if there's another Lady Maria fight. :(

For what it's worth, the Abyss Watchers already kinda feels like another take on Lady Maria.

Yeah, they got a little copy-happy with Maria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Man don't tell me that, I haven't had the chance or the cash to pick up the DS3 DLC yet and now I really want to if there's another Lady Maria fight. :(

For what it's worth, the Abyss Watchers already kinda feels like another take on Lady Maria.

I was disappointed with Ariandel DLC, have to be honest, though I will say that I was pleasantly surprised at how much sorceries make the Friede boss better to manage compared to the 'crawl over glass' experience that my bleed build was.

Ringed City DLC otoh's got the most amazingly bombastic, Berzerk-style bossfight in the entire series though, so that one's v much worth it.

double nine fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 20, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Also here's a bonus video I've been sitting on for a while of a thing that happens after the Blood Moon.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
The Rakuyo is a very fun weapon.

It has crazy-varied combo potential when transformed.

I believe:
R1s are slashing attacks.
R2s are stabbing attacks.
They can be freely interchanged.
L2 does a different finisher-type move depending on if it follows a slash, a stab, or is done stand-alone.

Then of course, there are the transformation attacks and the un-transformed move set.

Probably my favorite Skill weapon in the game.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The fish-dogs remind me of the Sligs from Oddworld.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
As I've learned from Genocyber's lp, shaman bone blades are a good way to kill Double Street Shark Power Hour.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

are those whale divers really not parryable? They sure look like they should be?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Aren't a bunch of bloodborne wiki comedy entries/maps the direct result of these sharkmen?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh god the ending of that bonus video :cry:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

double nine posted:

are those whale divers really not parryable? They sure look like they should be?

You can parry them, the timing is straight hosed for most of their animations though so when you can parry is very weird sometimes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That lightning when you were climbing the ladder was rude.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
Dang son, that orphan got riggety-riggety-WRECKED

White Coke
May 29, 2015
This is one hell of a Boss Baby prequel.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Listening to the salt of your co-commentators as they realize you took out a boss in half as many tries or less is possibly one of the best parts of this LP :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And a bonus video where liquidy helps me beat the bonus boss of the DLC!

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Not sure if you know it by now, or care, but you need more than the Arcane requirement to use the Parasite.

You need to have collected all the brain fluid for the lady in the Research Hall. She gives you a rune that you need to equip to properly use the weapon.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Originally the plan was for me to record and send some footage re: the kos parasite and everything related to it to Argate, but let me tell you about the Orphan of Kos. See, I'm not Argate. I don't have any sort of unique interactions with this game, and the Orphan basically stomps my face in about halfway through phase 2 every single time I fight him. This was recorded close to 3 months ago, and I have been semi-regularly trying to fight the little shitter ever since, to no avail.

I would totally solicit help from the thread, but I'm going on a week-long vacation in a few days, so maybe not. Anybody game to help me out in a week or so? :v:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

liquidypoo posted:

I would totally solicit help from the thread, but I'm going on a week-long vacation in a few days, so maybe not. Anybody game to help me out in a week or so? :v:

I don't have the game, but I can help you right now: Learn when to give up and move on.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

White Coke posted:

I don't have the game, but I can help you right now: Learn when to give up and move on.

I have the game and give him the same advice.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

White Coke posted:

That's never helped me in the past, so pro gamer CJacobs counter-advises you to ignore this advice!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

White Coke posted:

sounds like quitter talk. You're not a quitter, are you?!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

CJacobs posted:

That's never helped me in the past, so pro gamer CJacobs counter-advises you to ignore this advice!

double nine posted:

That's right! I'm not about to let this smug-rear end game think it's better than me!

Maybe I just need to load up the Orphan fight before I leave. That way it'll be impossible for me to get impatient, and he'll have drowned in all the rainwater by the time I get back :v:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

My advice isn't about how the beat the game, but life.

double nine posted:

I was going to come up with a witty response, but ... eh.

liquidypoo posted:

That's right! I'm not about to let this smug-rear end game think it's better than me!

Maybe the game is better than you though?

liquidypoo posted:

Maybe I just need to load up the Orphan fight before I leave. That way it'll be impossible for me to get impatient, and he'll have drowned in all the rainwater by the time I get back :v:

What if you drown first? His mother is a fish after all.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
solidypoo already beat Orphan of Kos using the whole Kos Parasite thing you wanted to show off.

You gonna let that stand, liquidy?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Can't you solicit ChaosArgate for help? Maybe if he shows up to help you fight the Orphan, you'll get some of those unique interactions.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

Can't you solicit ChaosArgate for help? Maybe if he shows up to help you fight the Orphan, you'll get some of those unique interactions.

We tried a couple of runs before we recorded that Laurence bonus video and burned up all of liquidy's remaining insight. You're not wrong about unique interactions happening though - I was completely unable to stagger Orphan 80% of the time for some reason! It could be internet latency, but liquidy saw me deliver stabs right to the Orphan's backside, so I have no idea! Anyway, RGretta's finished the story so she doesn't have access to the Orphan's arena right now and won't for a good while, and my other character's stone walled by the two nuns just before the Research Hall. I also don't have PS+ access on the PS4 I play on now, which isn't very conducive to co-op play.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
NICE THUMBNAIL YOU gently caress AAAAAGGGHHH

edit: I enjoyed recording this episode though

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I like the Nightmare of Mensis.

Also, gotta love that Lower Pthumeru chalice for all its spider hell goodness. That dungeon (and Defiled) are the reasons I wish you'd done that Chalice Dungeons.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
They aren't buttholes CJacobs, they're spinnerets.

It's always amusing though when you talk for like 5 minutes with spiders on screen perfectly fine then it's like it finally sinks in and you completely lose your mind.

Shedrakzo
Sep 2, 2011
So whatever happened with that giant head lady who wanted brain fluid, back in the Research Hall?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Speaking of Shaman Bone Blades, using one is a nice way to cheese the two shark guys

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shedrakzo posted:

So whatever happened with that giant head lady who wanted brain fluid, back in the Research Hall?

We'll check in on her towards the end of this session, don't worry!

tiistai posted:

Speaking of Shaman Bone Blades, using one is a nice way to cheese the two shark guys

I was a little annoyed that I was not informed of that before I claimed the prize from the shark tank!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I genuinely hoped you won the first time just because you didn't have to chase him around for the first half of the fight.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Wiggly~wiggly~WiGglY

Do you go and pick up the Accursed Brew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Weeble posted:

Wiggly~wiggly~WiGglY

Do you go and pick up the Accursed Brew?

...gently caress. :negative:

• Locked thread