Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which run are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
John Romero's DAIKATANA 185 14.93%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 163 13.16%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 172 13.88%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 200 16.14%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 191 15.42%
I'm mostly here for the cucking 328 26.47%
Total: 544 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hanales
Nov 3, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Hey guys lost my wife this past June, she loved Banjo speedruns, so here's some money for a great game, a great cause and a great runner.

I'd prefer if you stopped talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

http://pastebin.com/GMv9TU3n

Wow.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Dunban posted:

Third time watcher, first time donator here,

watching these awesome runners destroy the games from my childhood is so much fun! My fraternal twin died of super-cancer in the womb, so let's kick cancer's butt! Get HOIP

Greetings from Germany

When did they add the Binding of Isaac Antibirth to the run schedule? At least the runner picked up a respawn item so dying didn't end their Jacob&Esau run.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Jesus Christ can we please get through ONE gdq without drama please??

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thats messed up

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
For some reason I got taken off announcing GTA: Vice City, which I run, and instead got moved to Sonic block, which I know nothing about (except the fact that it's Sonic).

Prepare for lots of "announcer interruption" drinking!

nessin posted:

Anyone knew to the area definitely needs to check out the Udvar-Hazy Center, there are only a few places with that much diversity in aerospace shown intact and if you normally hate museums it's still worth checking out as the layout is more of a showroom than a museum. I know you've got it marked but just have to reinforce the idea.

To add on to this, they also have an IMAX theater I recommend which shows sci-fi movies (including Rogue One).

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Dunban posted:

Third time watcher, first time donator here,

watching these awesome runners destroy the games from my childhood is so much fun! My fraternal twin died of super-cancer in the womb, so let's kick cancer's butt! Get HOIP

Greetings from Germany

P.S. Save those cute animals!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the op doesn't say when the daikatana run is so im doubting the sincerity of it tbh

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

the op doesn't say when the daikatana run is so im doubting the sincerity of it tbh

DoctorStrangelove posted:

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule - Schedule, you won't really need it since I'll tell you right now that the DAIKATANA run starts at 17:30 EST on Tuesday, January 10th.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
drat I forgot that AGDQ was starting tomorrow. This is an awesome week for video games!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

[leans into mic]

video games

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Calling it now, there will be a MAGA hat on stream somewhere.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ramadu posted:

[leans into mic]

video games
what? how the hell did they get in here

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

free bonesaw

Nippashish
Nov 2, 2005

Let me see you dance!

Dizz posted:

Calling it now, there will be a MAGA hat on stream somewhere.

Make AGDQ Great Again

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
legit excited about the king of kings run

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
quote from the last run of it

"Christians dont poop"

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
who will cry this time

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

me

Dr. Dos posted:

Also having watched the submission video, Undertale is going to be an incredible run.

I'd really like to watch it, but it's too new. I don't want spoilers for a game I plan to play in the future. ;_;

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Little Mac posted:

me

I'd really like to watch it, but it's too new. I don't want spoilers for a game I plan to play in the future. ;_;

You can beat the game in like 4 hours ya turd

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm kind of impressed by how many new (or at least rarely run at GDQ's) games are on the schedule. Though as usual all the best games are in the middle of the night. Except Final Fantasy which can stay in the middle of the night.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Except Final Fantasy which can stay in the middle of the night.

Feasel is running that game this year and is actually pretty entertaining.

Keith Stack
Nov 5, 2008

It's time for my bi-annual post where I complain about the lack of Sega Genesis games in the GDQ schedule.

There aren't enough Sega Genesis games in the AGDQ schedule.

Happy to see Decap Attack in there though! :)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Feasel is running that game this year and is actually pretty entertaining.

Every year someone says something like this about the four+ hour long RPG run and every time they're wrong.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Keith Stack posted:

It's time for my bi-annual post where I complain about the lack of Sega Genesis games in the GDQ schedule.

There aren't enough Sega Genesis games in the AGDQ schedule.

Happy to see Decap Attack in there though! :)

most of the good genesis games don't lend themselves to speedrunning because really aside from rpgs and shmups, there kinda isn't much on that system worth giving a poo poo about.

Random Stranger posted:

Every year someone says something like this about the four+ hour long RPG run and every time they're wrong.

feasel is like the best runner in the entire community you numbnuts

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I really liked this FF IV run a year ago even though it took 3 ½ hours. Interesting tricks and puwexil was great on commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkr_jvEzP6g

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hi guys, pandafucker69 here. you guys might remember me from last year where my entire immediate family died from cancer. well just letting y'all know my extended family just all died from cancer too. here's $20 to runner's choice kill the animals

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TeaJay posted:

I really liked this FF IV run a year ago even though it took 3 ½ hours. Interesting tricks and puwexil was great on commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkr_jvEzP6g

puwexil loving owns, hard. he will only be commentating castlevania 1 and 4 this year; on his stream he said he feels he commentates too many runs and he doesn't want to crowd out other people from commentating.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in medical school, and I've been involved in numerous surgical removals of tumors, and I have over 300 confirmed recoveries. I am trained in glioma cancer and I'm the top doctor in the entire MD Anderson Cancer Center. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with killing my patients over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of RNs across the USA and your MRI is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, cancer. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed surgery, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Prevent Cancer Foundation and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" sarcoma was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, cancer.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Cubey posted:

puwexil loving owns, hard. he will only be commentating castlevania 1 and 4 this year; on his stream he said he feels he commentates too many runs and he doesn't want to crowd out other people from commentating.

That's too bad, but I understand. Hopefully we get some blechy too.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

disjoe posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in medical school, and I've been involved in numerous surgical removals of tumors, and I have over 300 confirmed recoveries. I am trained in glioma cancer and I'm the top doctor in the entire MD Anderson Cancer Center. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with killing my patients over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of RNs across the USA and your MRI is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, cancer. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed surgery, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Prevent Cancer Foundation and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" sarcoma was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, cancer.

Good post. Be proud.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Good post. Be proud.

Thanks

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

https://twitter.com/yggdrizzle/status/817784774521655296
:ohdear:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Maybe this year's will be the first GDQ with a body count.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pj must have been the last person to stay in that room

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

thanks

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cubey posted:

most of the good genesis games don't lend themselves to speedrunning because really aside from rpgs and shmups, there kinda isn't much on that system worth giving a poo poo about.

they did snes aladdin once when genesis is a billion times better. tho i think they've done genesis as well at some point.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Groovelord Neato posted:

they did snes aladdin once when genesis is a billion times better. tho i think they've done genesis as well at some point.

genesis aladdin plays like dogshit compared to the snes version. it is the definition of graphics over gameplay.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

genesis looks like a beautiful work of art but plays like poo poo

snes looks like poo poo but plays like a work of art

don't deceive yourself, faithful reader. think about it. you couldn't even beat the genesis game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I was so hypedHOIP for the FF7 run that one year but it turns out the run was "play the game mostly normally through Midgar, warp to endgame."

Big wet fart.

• Locked thread