Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which run are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
John Romero's DAIKATANA 185 14.93%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 163 13.16%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 172 13.88%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 200 16.14%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 191 15.42%
I'm mostly here for the cucking 328 26.47%
Total: 544 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Thank Star Citizen for it.

its the only thing star citizen has ever created

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
couch? I plan on replacing whatever I get in with me trying to teach eonwe how to run it himself it'll be great.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's cool when you hear about a run and it sounds insanely dumb since it's a game pretty much nobody's played but it ends up being cool. the sponge bob run was one of my faves.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

the problem with having a goon on the couch is that you have no room for anyone else

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Polio Vax Scene posted:

the problem with having a goon on the couch is that you have no room for anyone else

confirmed

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Please, I was on the right, Big Jon was on the left, and we still had room for feasel. :colbert:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Addendum to my previous comment: It looks like the black flashing was actually occurring the entire time, but we didn't start noticing it until a couple days in. My money would be on a driver issue, but we're probably just going to use a different card next time anyway.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

UraniumAnchor posted:

Addendum to my previous comment: It looks like the black flashing was actually occurring the entire time, but we didn't start noticing it until a couple days in. My money would be on a driver issue, but we're probably just going to use a different card next time anyway.

blaming the driver series when there wasn't even a run of it this year?

ok now I'm POSITIVE, there's some bible-code style fuckery going on and I will get to the bottom of it

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

UraniumAnchor posted:

If there are any runs still straight up missing I can go digging. Which games have you been unable to find (besides Star Wars, presumably)?

I just ran through the full list and there's 3 runs missing from the official channel:

1/11 (Wed) - Ori and the Blind Forest
1/13 (Fri) - Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire; Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Everything else is there.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

DizzyBum posted:

I just ran through the full list and there's 3 runs missing from the official channel:

1/11 (Wed) - Ori and the Blind Forest
1/13 (Fri) - Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire; Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Everything else is there.

I'll go ahead and just upload the "final" copies of these since I'm basically ready to start that process, so hopefully I can get them up tonight. Barring any new problems they'll definitely be up by tomorrow night.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

UraniumAnchor posted:

I'll go ahead and just upload the "final" copies of these since I'm basically ready to start that process, so hopefully I can get them up tonight. Barring any new problems they'll definitely be up by tomorrow night.

Thanks again for all your hard work! :patriot:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

DizzyBum posted:

Thanks again for all your hard work! :patriot:

Does 'loving exhausted' count as a problem? I'll still try to have 'em up before I go to sleep, though. :v:

Edit: Apparently I lied. It took me longer than I expected to get the actual 'fix all the black frames' step working, even with all of the data. And of the runs that are missing:

1) Ori - PC game with an HD recording, so it needs an overlay, which is extra work to get synced and encoding a 1440p video (1080p for the game plus the stream overlay around it) takes ages, so this will have to wait until at least tomorrow.
2) Shadows of the Empire - Straightforward but I had to split the recording in half (away from ROTJ) because it wasn't cycled between runs.
3) Return of the Jedi - Had an interview in a different video so I had to go hunt it down and splice it out so I could prepend it to the actual run.

2) and 3) are encoding now but there's no chance they'll be ready before I sleep, and I won't have time in the morning to spot check AND upload AND make them public. I'll upload them after work tomorrow.

UraniumAnchor fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 1, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thx buddy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm watching the La-Mulana run again. It's real good guys :)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm watching the Extremely Controversial Hitman speedrun

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

In serious posting if you could curate some of the extremely gross comments on some of the uploaded run videos that'd be swell

or just disable them

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I want to bake cookies or a pie or something for you UA. It won't even be poisoned or anything, probably.

Also the la-mulana run was great and I played the game because of it. Overall a good choice.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

In serious posting if you could curate some of the extremely gross comments on some of the uploaded run videos that'd be swell

or just disable them

This is just what the word filter catches, so only if I want to be scraping comments literally all day. (I don't.)

If I run across heinous stuff I tend to delete it, but there's way too much volume for me to keep up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sea Sponge Run posted:

or just disable them

I would recommend downloading a browser plugins that hide comments for you if you don't have the self control to not read them if they upset you. Uploaders disabling comments on their videos is a terrible move that looks really bad in this poster's opinion.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

beep by grandpa posted:

I would recommend downloading a browser plugins that hide comments for you if you don't have the self control to not read them if they upset you. Uploaders disabling comments on their videos is a terrible move that looks really bad in this poster's opinion.
nah, youtube comments are almost universally awful, and the less platforms morons get to spout their horseshit, the better. In this poster's opinion, disable that garbage

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
One of the few times I actually read youtube comments is for AGDQ videos because there is always a helpful person who posts a timestamp for when the run starts.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If I don't like something I just don't read it or look at it, shutting it all down because of my personal feelings seems extremely heavy handed & unfair to those that want to participate and don't have hosed up poo poo to say

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
When is the last time you have seen how YouTube comments actually work?

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Youtube comments work?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lots of channels I follow get constructive feedback on editing/pacing tips that have led to better videos or questions being answered by the uploader about behind the scenes stuff. Or even a particular clever quip stickied to the top by the uploader. And in my channel's case: pls can u tell me where can i dl this song??????

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Meanwhile, on more popular channels, it's memes, flamebait, politics, racism, and gamergate/drama/creepy bullshit almost without fail.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

...Are you seriously making the suggestion in this of all threads that there is something wrong or shameful with memes?

SIGH

I'm keeping my cool a best as I can...but...i'll say this...choose your next words VERY carefully...

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 3, 2017

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Can someone explain to me what's so great about memes?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
memes are the only thing that separates us from animals

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_tRgFiHZFM

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Don't let your memes be dreams my friends.

e: wait or should you not let your dreams become memes?? which was it oh no

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jmcrofts posted:

let my good friends Monsoon and the codec guy tell you all about the memes, jack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyN5tNYhfSg&hd=1

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

mandatory lesbian posted:

memes are the only thing that separates us from animals

Memes are the gom jabbar?

Then reading YouTube comments are the box that you stick your hand into to feel unimaginable pain. If you post in response, then you are an animal.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
came into this thread from cjs channel. op is a cheater and using stolen posting techniques. hope u rot u garbage

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

eleven extra elephants posted:

came into this thread from cjs channel. op is a cheater and using stolen posting techniques. hope u rot u garbage

1v1 me bro.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
if you pause the thread at page 493 you can clearly see op cheated at posting, hopefully you're banned from future GDQ threads

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

eleven extra elephants posted:

if you pause the thread at page 493 you can clearly see op cheated at posting, hopefully you're banned from future GDQ threads

I encourage going to page 493 for its top post (only if you're a cool guy)

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

beep by grandpa posted:

I encourage going to page 493 for its top post (only if you're a cool guy)

It's one of my favorite posts that I made ITT.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

It's one of my favorite posts that I made ITT.

That post had insufficient amounts of John Romero making me his bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Finally managed to get Ori up. I dunno why I thought I could get stuff done while watching my mom's dog all weekend, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZX0G0Q-Sp0

• Locked thread