Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Discord: https://discord.gg/GyGTTTXCBG

Old Thread

PSVR Thread

PS4 Boost Mode Game compatability List

:siren: Rumor is Knack just might come to PS+ next month, or the one after. :siren:

quote:

Just wanted to let you know we launched a Discord Server for Playstation, Playstation VR...

You can reach it here: https://discord.gg/6WfGFVS or http://discordgoons.com

Get titanfall 2 it's really good.

loving enable 2FA already and stop posting in this thread about how Sony won't let you deactivate devices for 6 months

Here's sony's customer support number:
800-345-7669

Should I get a pro

Yes

What if I don't have a 4k TV?

If the game is patched for the PRO it might still help with framerate and such. Some games do actually run worse with the pro.

Oh, ok, but I mean--do I REALLY need it?

No

Well, convince me to get a pro. I don't really want to support these console "refreshes" y'know?

Dude just do whatever you want gently caress

Should I get a 4k TV

Sure if you want

What TV should I get?

KS8000. The 60" panel was outsourced so you should *probably* avoid that size, but I'm sure you wouldn't be able to tell a difference regardless. Costco's KS8000 also has a different bezel that is darker, I prefer it.

The KS8000 seems nice but I don't really want a smart TV. I mean, I can't not connect it to my wifi because reasons, and I don't want it to watch me jerk off to my animes

Ok then go spend extra effort and money to find a non-smart TV.

qbert posted:

Please add to the OP that Bloodborne is good so half the thread won't be people repeating that fact any time someone asks for a recommendation.

Some people like Uncharted 4, some don't.

Couch co-op games
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Guacamelee
- Borderlands Handsome Collection
- Geometry Wars
- Little Big Planet 3
- Rayman Legends
- Resident Evil 5
- Trine 2
- Towerfall
- Rocket League
- Defense Grid 2
- Knack (lol)
- Helldivers
- Alienation
- Resogun
- Dying Light
- Black ops 3?
- Earth Defense Force
- Overcooked
- Enter the Gungeon
- Broforce
- Mother Russia Bleeds

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Reserved I guess

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Carrying over from last thread

89 posted:

Honestly, I enjoyed the ending of Titanfall 2. That's the only game in the longest I can remember that I wanted to start clapping when the credits rolled.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Journey is just extremely solid, great for going in blind and (probably most importantly) knew how "big" it was, knew how to not wear out it's welcome,and knew when to take a bow and end.

I think there's a whole lot of games out there who could pare back their focus, release as a smaller title and get some Journey like praise but lol gently caress that 100 hours of gameplay a zillion weapons open world with more space than God's rear end buy buy buy

Kirios posted:

Witcher 3 is 100+ hours of gameplay done fantastically.

veni veni veni posted:

Ya know. i'm going to have to agree. I really enjoyed that games story and ending and I don't get why it gets dogpiled on all of the time.

89 posted:

Speaking of Witcher 3, I got that game a long time ago and got so confused and frustrating trying to play it. I'd just die constantly at Level 3. Couldn't do a drat thing.

Loaded it up today and smashed through 5 missions.

Something just clicked this time around? :shrug:

I still don't understand how to do anything with the alchemy though.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought the ending was nothing special but I bought it hoping for a game of exploration like its predecessors (1 more than 2 I guess) and it was definitely not that.

Motto posted:

Alchemy's way more simple than it seems since all the important stuff only has to be crafted once then regenerates for the rest of the game.

Nija posted:

I'm a few pages late for projector chat, but this is the one to get currently:

http://www.projectorreviews.com/the-art-of-home-theater-projectors/epson-hc-5040ub-pc-6040ub-projectors-w4k-support-announced-ce/

I have a much older Epson 8350 that does 1080p. I think it was only $900 msrp and went on sale very often for $600. I've only had to replace the bulb once.

For a project screen I use this brand: http://www.dragonflyscreens.com/.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone else is welcome to make an OP or a new thread even. I'll probably add poo poo to the OP a bit later. I just felt 2,800 pages was good enough.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Ya know. i'm going to have to agree. I really enjoyed that games story and ending and I don't get why it gets dogpiled on all of the time.

No, I mean I do have problems with the game and ending in general, but the presentation, voicework, and music are fantastic in the final minutes...and I'd say it's generally worth the slog. I dunno, I just bounced hard off the entire Bioshock series but I respect its ambition.

As for MGS3, I was a lot younger so some of the drama wouldn't play so easily on me today (I think I was able to overlook the cheesier parts of the game because most videogame stories couldn't be taken seriously back then), but that was the first game ending that really pulled on my heartstrings. The Boss was such a great character.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Uncharted 4 is overrated

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

Uncharted 4 is overrated

Prob but I feel it's defintely worth a playthrough. Would have liked to see it on the pro

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TG-Chrono posted:

Uncharted 4 is overrated

Actually, no

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The Walking Dead's ending is good. I dig the Spec Ops one too (not the reveal, but what you can do as Walker afterwards).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

Uncharted 4 is overrated

A little bit, but I suppose you could say The Last of Us casts a long loving shadow.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

TG-Chrono posted:

Uncharted 4 is overrated

Its the only one I haven't played multiple times, so for me it wasn't all that great. I guess I am just tired of putting up with Nate's wishy washy bullshit.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
After enabling 2FA, make certain it's actually active and running. And do write down your backup codes somewhere safe, should poo poo go wrong.

Oh and PSVR is pretty great, though it doesn't have many games that stick out. Please let RE7 be a 10/10 surprise please please please.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
There has never been a better time to own a Playstation 4.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

A little bit, but I suppose you could say The Last of Us casts a long loving shadow.

He really hates it and can't process why people like it though.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

This reminds me that I still haven't played uncharted 4 after grabbing the uncharted ps4 bundle. Would it be OK to not have any prior uncharted experience?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Nomadic Scholar posted:

This reminds me that I still haven't played uncharted 4 after grabbing the uncharted ps4 bundle. Would it be OK to not have any prior uncharted experience?

This one is definitely not the one to really jump in on. But I mean, its like any tv show, you will eventually catch up on things.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
ground floor posting

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd actually say it's fine to jump in on. Watch a recap. it's not like Uncharted is a super deep story. probably best to play all 4, but if someone is only going to play one of them, 4 is the one to play.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

Its the only one I haven't played multiple times, so for me it wasn't all that great. I guess I am just tired of putting up with Nate's wishy washy bullshit.

Yeah, I'd have to say that's why I rank it lower, the general replayability just isn't there. Too many slow scenes to get through between each action beat.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Play World of Final Fantasy on your PlayStation 4

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why isn't anyone talking about everyones favorite Dark victorian monster hunting game, The Order 1886 yet?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I have so many PS4 games I am working on that I finally just put all my other consoles in the closet so my TV area looks cleaner.

edit:

quote:

Well, convince me to get a pro. I don't really want to support these console "refreshes" y'know?

Dude just do whatever you want gently caress

Should I get a 4k TV

Sure if you want
As a PS4 Pro and 4K TV owner this is the best advice, seriously.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 7, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is this the new thread?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I like TitanFall 2 and The Last Guardian on my Sonys.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Please add to the OP that Bloodborne is good so half the thread won't be people repeating that fact any time someone asks for a recommendation.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Why isn't anyone talking about everyones favorite Dark victorian monster hunting game, The Order 1886 yet?

I was actually legit getting interested in the game and then it ends.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Bloodborne is NOT good.

It's great.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ellaybee posted:

Bloodborne is NOT good.

It's great.

good to know tony the tiger's opinions on the subject

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Here is a new thread reminder that Gravity Rush 2 is coming out in two weeks, and that people should play Gravity Rush Remastered if they haven't.

It's a good game, if flawed as gently caress. Gravity Rush 2 is going to be great.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Bloodborne is like D&D in that it will turn you to the occult and make you sacrifice your little brother to Satan or something.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Please add to the OP that Bloodborne is overrated and to take recommendations with a grain of salt.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I beat Bloodborne and I can safely say that it was a fun experience. I however would not really recommend it to anyone considering the kind of game it is.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Haha oh man the posts in the PS4 Thread when it was announced and their was *some* gameplay footage. The second coming of Jesus

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Please add to the OP that Bloodborne is overrated and to take recommendations with a grain of salt.

overrated games can still be good.

I wouldn't recommend it to general people though because you have to be willing to fail like 20 times before you succeed once, ad nauseum and general people don't have that kind of tolerance, even if the setting is cool.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Haha oh man the posts in the PS4 Thread when it was announced and their was *some* gameplay footage. The second coming of Jesus

The Order could have been a really neat game. They just had a neat setting and didn't deliver.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I'd actually say it's fine to jump in on. Watch a recap. it's not like Uncharted is a super deep story. probably best to play all 4, but if someone is only going to play one of them, 4 is the one to play.

:agreed: UC4 was my first Uncharted and I wasn't lost at all. I'm sure I missed some references and there were some scenes that were clearly meant to be nostalgic for long-time players, but I had a good time.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

acksplode posted:

:agreed: UC4 was my first Uncharted and I wasn't lost at all. I'm sure I missed some references and there were some scenes that were clearly meant to be nostalgic for long-time players, but I had a good time.

you miss out on Nate's development, mostly, and where he's come from, but it's not hard to enjoy as is. You just appreciate some more things if you've played the first three games, or even just the third.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

morallyobjected posted:

overrated games can still be good.

I wouldn't recommend it to general people though because you have to be willing to fail like 20 times before you succeed once, ad nauseum and general people don't have that kind of tolerance, even if the setting is cool.

I mean overrated by goons. Not saying it is a bad game, but it's definitely not for everyone, or even most people. It should be put in a category of games called "games to play if you hate yourself." A lot of goons hate themselves.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I mean overrated by goons. Not saying it is a bad game, but it's definitely not for everyone, or even most people. It should be put in a category of games called "games to play if you hate yourself." A lot of goons hate themselves.

:chloe:

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

good to know tony the tiger's opinions on the subject

Tonitrus +10 the tiger you mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Bloodborne is the only game I can come up with when thinking of a greatest of the generation, but it is seriously only something for those who think they can stomach a better Souls game only, and one that's got a challenge in it. The trophy stats for having defeated either of the bosses that can be encountered as ones first are tiny. Games journalists making more money than the average teacher have spent 4-7 hours throwing their bodies at bosses and gone nowhere.