Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I mean overrated by goons. Not saying it is a bad game, but it's definitely not for everyone, or even most people. It should be put in a category of games called "games to play if you hate yourself." A lot of goons hate themselves.

If you like action games then Bloodborne is a must, it's as simple as that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

loving hell do I have to close this thread already, I prefer smart TV chat

Bloodborne is hard play it if you want amen

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Bloodborne is better than all the dark souls games.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the number of people that have the trophy for beating the first boss of literally any game is really depressingly. this is not a difficulty thing that is an exclusive of games like dark souls; people just don't beat most of the games they buy on average

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
who is hyped for Knack 2?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm hyped for Knack 3d

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
PS4 pro on a 4k TV is overrated

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

FadedReality posted:

PS4 pro on a 4k TV is overrated

Ya it sucks waste of money don't get either anyone

Moving on now

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have my PS4 Pro plugged into my gameboy. The only way to play.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ya it sucks waste of money don't get either anyone

Moving on now

Sorry I thought we were just throwing out things people like and calling them overrated

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's hilarious how much my phone is blowing up since I got hacked and turned on TFA.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya I got texts nonstop for hours until I was able to change my pass

Thank God for tfa

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

new thread, new reminder to play the last guardian to completion because you have to be a real sour person with a burning hatred for ueda's beautiful japanese mind to not love the gently caress out of the game warts and all.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Bloodborne is the only game I can come up with when thinking of a greatest of the generation, but it is seriously only something for those who think they can stomach a better Souls game only, and one that's got a challenge in it. The trophy stats for having defeated either of the bosses that can be encountered as ones first are tiny. Games journalists making more money than the average teacher have spent 4-7 hours throwing their bodies at bosses and gone nowhere.
I actually remember being really impressed by the numbers on some of the later bosses. Ebrietas -- late in the game, very hard and totally optional -- had like 25% complete, which I thought was pretty high considering.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Alright fine I guess I'll get Last Guardian since everyone keeps talking about it. I'm not a 100% cheevos dude by any means, how long?

I know it's a bit unique: comparable to any other game?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Alright fine I guess I'll get Last Guardian since everyone keeps talking about it. I'm not a 100% cheevos dude by any means, how long?

Only the other Team Ico games, really.

It's not that long but encourages you to stop and smell the roses, there are speed achievements for 30, 15, and 5 hour clears.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I took a leisurely and exploratory pace and got the 15 hour achievement so easily less than that. It's a great and beautiful game.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
New Bloodborne thread lookin' good

My BB story is I found a castle in a dream that makes spikes shoot out of my body and then got gangfucked to death by evil spiders and took a break from it. I'm very bad at it but the stake driver is fun to punch people to death with and the crow outfit is cool as helllll

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It should take 10-12 hours. I'd say it is most comparable to Ico but TLG is really its own thing. If they could make a patch that fixed the camera/controls it would be the best game of this generation.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I have my PS4 Pro plugged into my gameboy. The only way to play.

Now you're playing with power.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tlg took me 9 hours but i could have done it in 7 if i knew about 1 finnicky puzzle ahead of time.

theres a point where you are in water and trico is looking through a hole in the cieling at you.

you can not advance until you do the puzzle in the far corner of the room instead of in the obvious spot right under him because he is programmed to drop a chunk of the ceiling before helping you but you have no way to know this until you get it right.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah. That was the only thing I looked up online. You have to go to the far corner AND call Trico to come towards you. Just swimming over there does nothing.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Thanks for reminding me of 2FA, I forgot that I learned about it 2 weeks ago. Also finally set up my PS4 Pro and Smart TV now I can finally play Ratchet & Clank and Gravity Rush Remastered.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I feel like Nioh might give Bloodborne a shake for game of the generation. If not it'll be better than Dark Souls 3.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Since people want Smart TV talk, how is the input lag on the KS8000 when using HDR? Seems a lot of TVs introduce a lot since they require you to be in a movie setting rather than game setting. Was hoping to wait for the OLED's to drop to the $1500 range in a few years, but just bought a house and the 40" I have for the basement is going to be too small. May go for a 65" KS8000 or the like (though would prefer something in the 70" range).

Would like to get the new tv sooner and upgrade to a PS4 Pro when FF7 remake comes out (hoping for a special edition FF7 PS4 Pro).

edit: Also, i haven't play Bloodborne yet because I wasn't a fan of Dark Souls, but will give it a shot. UC4 is the most "must play" game I have played on the PS4 so far since most of the other games I have enjoyed have been on PC and/or XB1 as well (DQ Builders, DQ Heroes, FF15, GTA5, etc.). UC4 is definitely not overrated.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 7, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah. That was the only thing I looked up online. You have to go to the far corner AND call Trico to come towards you. Just swimming over there does nothing.

Haha, yeah, that took me a few. Her tail glitched out and got caught on scenery.

The other one I got caught on was where Trico claws at a switchbox and the solution is to use a specific voice command to encourage her to claw at the switchbox harder.

Game was amazing though. Every time that Trico swooped in to kill statue dudes and that awesome music played :allears:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Video games are so loving good. Let's play more resident evil dogges!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FireMrshlBill posted:

Since people want Smart TV talk, how is the input lag on the KS8000 when using HDR? Seems a lot of TVs introduce a lot since they require you to be in a movie setting rather than game setting. Was hoping to wait for the OLED's to drop to the $1500 range in a few years, but just bought a house and the 40" I have for the basement is going to be too small. May go for a 65" KS8000 or the like (though would prefer something in the 70" range).

Would like to get the new tv sooner and upgrade to a PS4 Pro when FF7 remake comes out (hoping for a special edition FF7 PS4 Pro).

edit: Also, i haven't play Bloodborne yet because I wasn't a fan of Dark Souls, but will give it a shot. UC4 is the most "must play" game I have played on the PS4 so far since most of the other games I have enjoyed have been on PC and/or XB1 as well (DQ Builders, DQ Heroes, FF15, GTA5, etc.). UC4 is definitely not overrated.

ks8000 is best in class on lag. they patched the firm ware a few months ago to bring hdr in line with sdr so there's only a few ms of difference now, whereas earlier this year there was 10-15ms added.

some tvs are so bad with it though that you are right to be cautious. i've seen reviews showing like 70-100ms of lag introduced by hdr

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you wanna game on an OLED and care about input lag I'd wait a year or two

The KS800 is just the best bang for your buck by far. There's better options i assume but probably at a 75% price increase

https://www.rtings.com is great and has all the info you'd probably need

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The KS800 is just the best bang for your buck by far. There's better options i assume but probably at a 75% price increase

yeah the only good oleds are by lg and sony and they are up there

also oled has issues with gaming in lag and also some models have a weird form of burn in that's not actually a big deal since its temporary but can get annoying if you have a hud on screen all the time when you game and then switch to watching something else i think tv makers care about gaming last in a developing technology. Go LED. just avoid LCD 4k screens because they can no actually display the hdr they claim to have. the ks8000 probably isn't the best hdr experience but god drat its impressive. TLG looks so loving good with it.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 7, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

There are a LOT of 1 star reviews on Amazon. 15% or so which is very high for a "best" item. Apparently there is a common problem where the bezel and the screen separate due to heat issues.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

There are a LOT of 1 star reviews on Amazon. 15% or so which is very high for a "best" item. Apparently there is a common problem where the bezel and the screen separate due to heat issues.

lol. get something else then

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a percentage of consumer hardware may have an issue covered under warranty according to people who may or may not own the tv on amazon? very disturbing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ya I got texts nonstop for hours until I was able to change my pass

Thank God for tfa

I got like 5 new attempts in the span of 2 minutes, I assume whoever hacked my account and set a different PS4 as the main device then sold that PS4 so I almost feel bad for whoever bought it, but people need to learn that if something is too good to be true, it's probably too good to be true.

I haven't actually talked to customer service about it yet because I discovered the hack the day after christmas and I tried to call and realized they were dealing with a billion calls from people who couldn't figure out how to set up the VR system.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

FireMrshlBill posted:

I have no problem doing well in FPSes etc with the KS8000 in regular, non-game mode. I dunno why you'd buy a fancy new tv and then make it look like poo poo by turning on game mode.

I agree with the "Bloodborne is good for people who hate themselves" sentiment.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I have no problem doing well in FPSes etc with the KS8000 in regular, non-game mode. I dunno why you'd buy a fancy new tv and then make it look like poo poo by turning on game mode.

I agree with the "Bloodborne is good for people who hate themselves" sentiment.

Try using a mouse in game mode vs not game mode

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gamemode looks very impressive. you don't need all that processing on a native high res image. most cable boxes are still outputting 1080i and lower so its nice to add sharpness and other poo poo if you like to make it look better on the screen

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh I forgot why I came to post here with all the new thread excitement. I just got a notice from Amazon saying Sony has not provided any Platinum headsets. They intended to ship today.

ethanol posted:

Try using a mouse in game mode vs not game mode

Works fine? Although I only use it for Civ 6 in Steam Big Picture mode, I'm not one of those dastardly xim cheaters.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
That new mushroom miniboss in Odin Sphere Leifthrasir can go straight to hell, my God.

The game's difficulty curve sure does take full advantage of the new mechanics. I've had to stop playing on Hard more and more often because the enemies get damage-spongey and they hit like trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Did Netflix remove the ability to hit the options button to check your video quality and then not replace it with anything?'