Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Inspector Hound posted:

Just reading the ps store description... What is that game about? Plus it's live action, it makes me wonder, again, why they haven't ported Night Trap. Those ladies worked so hard on their pillow fights

There's a group of environmental activists, and the government Does Not Like this. You play as an NSA agent digging through their video chats and poo poo, but they're all out of order so you have to figure out who's who, what happened when, etc.

I'm definitely enjoying it a lot more than that guy's previous game, Her Story. Like I had a decent time playing that one, but I'm definitely enjoying this one a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Inspector Hound posted:

, why they haven't ported Night Trap. Those ladies worked so hard on their pillow fights

Oh man have i got some news for you. Night Trap and at least one other FMV games got ps4 ports!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Persona 5 continues to be good, but I'm just not vibing with the OST like I did with 4 and (especially) 3's.

OxMan posted:

Oh man have i got some news for you. Night Trap and at least one other FMV games got ps4 ports!

And Switch ports, even!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They should have reshot the scenes where they showed sega controllers with the relevant gamepad for each port
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgMC77PNtYc&t=89s

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

OxMan posted:

Quitting bf2042 immediately

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They should have reshot the scenes where they showed sega controllers with the relevant gamepad for each port
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgMC77PNtYc&t=89s

Without playing yet, I'm torn on this

Oh man I cannot wait, how did I not know about this

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 13, 2023

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

I accidentally downloaded Mafia: Definitive Edition. Should I play this or delete it, I don't remember anything about it except "Mafia game"

It’s an excellent game. Do like the other goon recommended and don’t even try to interact with the open world aspects of the game, it’s only there for set dressing.

Mafia 2 isn’t as good but it’s not bad, and I need to play mafia 3 but I just haven’t got there yet.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alien: Isolation is $5.99 right now and if you haven't played it I demand you do

e Mafia is ok, I am a bad driver

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)
Got the airship. Flying all over this drat place now. Final Fantasy 1 rules.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Wrong thread lol

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Apr 21, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hoffadoff posted:

Got the airship. Flying all over this drat place now. Final Fantasy 1 rules.

Does that have the cool music when you're zooming around in your airship? In some Fainal Fäntäsi game I remember just flying around and jamming to the tune. :dance:

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Does that have the cool music when you're zooming around in your airship? In some Fainal Fäntäsi game I remember just flying around and jamming to the tune. :dance:

drat I'm dumb. Totally not the thread I meant to post in but to answer your question, yes. The music hits perfectly in the game. You can even change it to the original soundtrack.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Inspector Hound posted:

Alien: Isolation is $5.99 right now and if you haven't played it I demand you do

no :colbert:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Inspector Hound posted:

e Mafia is ok, I am a bad driver

Don’t need to play a game to sit in the dark and avoid people looking for me.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
I booted up my PS VR for the first time in forever because I've got a few spare Move controls I need to test before I sell them.

Somehow lost an hour playing Superhot VR.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Resogun, Elite: Dangerous, and just plain old Netflix are also top notch, even though they aren't fully VR. Gran Turismo and Ace Combat have some cool VR side levels but aren't fully playable in VR either. Battlefield and etc are a little tough for me but might be worth trying out. I wish there were more, I don't want to buy an oculus.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Inspector Hound posted:

Resogun, Elite: Dangerous, and just plain old Netflix are also top notch, even though they aren't fully VR. Gran Turismo and Ace Combat have some cool VR side levels but aren't fully playable in VR either. Battlefield and etc are a little tough for me but might be worth trying out. I wish there were more, I don't want to buy an oculus.

I've got a couple more like Moss, Rez, and a some others that were part of that big free bundle early in Covid that I still need to try - moving overseas in a month or two and am going to have to get rid of everything, probably won't buy another PS VR. I was going to use Beat Saber as my testbed but I have a recurring issue (software, I'm pretty sure) with one of the controllers going haywire. It doesn't seem to be specific to controllers, have done it at night with the room dark/no reflections, tried recalibrating... googled it and there's something about turning controllers on in the right order, etc and I can't really be bothered.

I did try Gran Turismo with the wheel + pedals + shifter my PS4 came with (bought it from a FIFO worker who was upgrading to a fancy PC-based racing sim rig), was pretty cool even though I'm not really into racing. I sold that but did pick up a HOTAS for Star Wars Squadrons. It's great but I had a hell of a time figuring out where all the buttons were on the controller since I couldn't actually see it. I came back to it a couple weeks ago and tried doing the first few missions without VR just to get used to the button mapping but it turns out I'm just a really bad pilot.

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 30, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Goodness gracious I want to play Meet Your Maker but it takes forever to load

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

So my PS4's web browser has stopped playing sound. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm watching, no sound comes out. Any ideas?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Buy a ps5

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Pershing posted:

So my PS4's web browser has stopped playing sound. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm watching, no sound comes out. Any ideas?

Check if you have headphones plugged in somewhere or if there's an "unmute" option on the things you're watching, I'm not seeing an option to only mute browser sound. Are games/streaming apps making noise?

Trying the steps that don't cost hundreds of dollars first

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

come on, dude

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
The PS5 doesn’t have a web browser so I’m pretty sure it’s a joke

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dewgy posted:

The PS5 doesn’t have a web browser so I’m pretty sure it’s a joke

It does.

edit; On second thought maybe it's just a partial implementation.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The only thing the web browser allows you to load is the PS5 manual

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ahh, I see, it lets you check patch notes, links from marketing tabs, and stuff from the store but yeah pretty limited.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It does.

edit; On second thought maybe it's just a partial implementation.

You can weasel your way through Sony’s assorted support pages to eventually get to an outside page that lets you get to some kind of social media page that then lets you get to anywhere on the internet more or less arbitrarily, but nothing works and it sucks and it can’t even load the new version of homestarrunner.com.

So yeah, more or less useless!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Going back to PC gaming, actually.

Inspector Hound posted:

Check if you have headphones plugged in somewhere or if there's an "unmute" option on the things you're watching, I'm not seeing an option to only mute browser sound. Are games/streaming apps making noise?

Trying the steps that don't cost hundreds of dollars first

Thanks. No headphones (although I'll check again?). I've tried adjusting the volume in the browser but it doesn't make a difference. Games and apps work just fine.

I'm using the browser to login and watch my MST3K Gizmoplex account and (occasionally) the local TV news. It was working fine and then one day it wasn't. :shrug:

Would it matter that I'm running optical audio to my receiver? It's always worked before...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Do not do this

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sammus posted:

It’s an excellent game. Do like the other goon recommended and don’t even try to interact with the open world aspects of the game, it’s only there for set dressing.

Mafia 2 isn’t as good but it’s not bad, and I need to play mafia 3 but I just haven’t got there yet.

I did this when Mafia was a PS+ game a few months back and this is correct, play it like a linear story game the open world is meaningless.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pershing posted:

Going back to PC gaming, actually.

Brave words in this day and age :laugh:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Pershing posted:

Would it matter that I'm running optical audio to my receiver? It's always worked before...

Figuring that out would be the next move; start eliminating/substituting wires between the PlayStation and the speakers. Maybe it's just a bad optical wire, maybe it just needs to be different now for whatever mysterious reason.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Cool free games again this month. A samurai side scroller that looks like an old movie, a basketball game, and Jurassic World Evolution 2, which I immediately download and will be wasting the next two days of my life on

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Every time I tried to add the NBA game to my library last night, it said I didn't have Plus, despite it working for the other two just fine. I'll give it another shot tonight.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Been playing Gravity Rush 2 and I find I love everything about Gravity Rush 2 except almost everything that involves actually playing Gravity Rush 2. Characters are great, story's charming, music's superb, it's gorgeous, and it all plays like the recovered footage of an unsecured gopro in a jeep tumbling down the side of a mountain.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Raylax posted:

Been playing Gravity Rush 2 and I find I love everything about Gravity Rush 2 except almost everything that involves actually playing Gravity Rush 2. Characters are great, story's charming, music's superb, it's gorgeous, and it all plays like the recovered footage of an unsecured gopro in a jeep tumbling down the side of a mountain.

Yeah it has a lot of gameplay issues, its missions in particular, but I loved everything you mentioned, and loved just drifting and falling through the city. My favorite activity were the treasure hunts (“find the thing in the photo“), but they were an online feature so aren’t available anymore (idk maybe there are some offline ones). It also means you can’t get the gem that stops your gravity meter from draining, because you had to buy it with the online currency.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I played it well after the servers shut down and I don't believe there are any treasure hunts now

The gravity meter is also very rarely an issue because unlike the first game it can recharge while airborne so if you aren't on a super tight schedule you can just let yourself fall for a bit and get back more than enough to resume whatever you were doing. I'm not sure if it's an upgrade or a base ability but I was doing it by midgame

Pretty fun game, the navigation is still totally unique and let them make some really wild layouts (discovering that there is a whole other city below and a whole other city above the main city are great moments)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah that gem isn’t necessary (and it’s not even very good for combat), just a nice bonus.

And I realized I can’t access my old saves because I don’t have PS+ anymore. They might still be on my PS4, but i don’t remember whether you can physically transfer saves between generations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

i don’t remember whether you can physically transfer saves between generations.

You can!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I forgot about the 2B and PSO2 tie in costumes. For some reason Gravity Rush 2 feels an eternity older than Nier:A, but they launched within a month of each other.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The free games today are a golf game, Dreams for VR, and some indie cartoon game. The golf game is normally a hundred dollars lol