Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Housh posted:

Would FF15 be a good first FF? Is the battle system easy enough for someone who plays Dragon Quest VIII?

The first screen you see says something like "For both long-time fans and first timers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I never got a creepy vibe from Geralt, which is more than I can say for literally ninety percent of all BioWare characters ever written.

Dude is trying to find the two people that he's closest to in the world who are somewhere in the middle of a war zone where both sides are morally hosed, I would be indifferent to most of the assholes I run across too. He kills monsters for money because that's his job and half the time the people paying him think he's a subhuman freak so that's kind of a thing too

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You can ride a whale though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

So uh, does watch dogs 2 ever end? I've been playing this game for a month and I seriously have no idea how much is left. Last mission I did was the robot factory.

lol this game is so long.

How much side stuff have you done? Watch Dogs 2 is going to be the first in my New Open World Paradigm where I only do story missions and side quests that seem unique

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

the gb quicklook of gravity rush two is unwatchable. i feel bad for the game jason played it so badly

What should good Gravity Rush 2 gameplay look like

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Horizon: Zero Dawn is what I will be playing at the beginning of March so I think I can wait and see on the Switch and the new Zelda, PS4 thread.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

The Dreamcast had freaking Soul Calibur...but I guess the age of fighting games being system sellers is over?

I didn't have a PS3 so Injustice ended up being my favorite PS4 launch game. Actually, no that was Resogun

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Actually I guess that makes sense if you assume they are Christians.

That would explain her terrible fashion sense

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Playstation 4: Let's talk about the Switch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Well, until they release Knack on PS+ at least, so for the next 2 weeks.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 15, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If the game is Far Cry Primal except the lions you can ride are robot lions and the bee bombs you throw have robot bees, then it will probably be in my top ten 2017

Edit: LOL the voice acting and dialogue is just as bland and affectless as it was in Killzone Shadow Fall

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'll be happy enough if Horizon is some lightweight rental that will keep me occupied until March 7.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ImpactVector posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for couch co-op games? Preferably ones that either aren't also on Steam or at least have more stuff or play better on the PS4.

Knack has couch co-op!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

MGSV is the best management sim of 2015

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Uncharted 4 looks really, really pretty.

That and you can play Crash Bandicoot. Those remakes are my most-anticipated exclusive after Knack 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Why is our thread icon poo poo now 🤔

I honestly skipped over this thread in my bookmarks a couple times because of the icon change.

Also I liked Super Mario World more than SMB3, but then again Super Mario World was, like, one of the first video games I ever played

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This conversation has reminded me to play Rayman Legends, which I got so long ago but have yet to even install

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is approx. 78 times better than Mario 64.

Mario 64, a miserable pile of secrets

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Man, I took my PS4 from the living room television to hook up to my 1440p computer monitor in the hopes that I would play it more, but stretched to fill that monitor I can clearly see all the jaggies and lower detail compared to the PC games I play on that same monitor. I never thought I would consider the Pro but now...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Barron is really good with the cyber. He is actually Lizard Squad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ufarn posted:

Today's the last chance to get Knack for 69% off in the EU sale.

Nice!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

What is the deal with Knack. I see it mentioned a lot and am pretty sure it's a joke and I just don't get it. It's got bad reviews. It was a launch game. It's bad, right?

No.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Watch Dogs 2 sure has a lot of montages

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

89 posted:

You know there's people in this thread that have bought Knack simply because it's mentioned so much in this thread.

zenintrude posted:

Just need to chime in really quick to let everyone know that Knack is actually pretty great and I'm sad that I listened to you jerks. I could have been playing this a year ago!

Thanks a lot, dum-dums.

Also in looking up that old post, I saw that I have been unironically calling for the PS+ release of Knack since Sept 2014

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just got to the fake Burning Man in Watch Dogs 2, how far am I in the game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy poo poo, I died like two dozen times in the Nioh demo then lost thousands of souls getting beaten by one of the first enemies when I was trying to run back to my corpse

Edit: Make that four dozen times

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 23, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have died at least twice to every single enemy on this map, I look forward to spending ten hours beating this level

Also I have drowned four times

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 23, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK now that I am starting to understand the enemy stamina stuff and got that move that punishes empty stamina I was able to push forward a little.

Then I got murked by an umbrella and lost 5000 amrita. (Isn't that a type of soda)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Death count up to 150+. I burned all my consumables fighting that bird thing and then still died, I feel defeated

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I grinded for more elixirs. Then I fought him again and died because I attacked through his attack while we were both at 1% life :negative:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fifty more deaths and I finally did it. Then a minute later I fought a mimic thing and got grappled to death

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ogress death count: 40.

On the plus side, I remembered that I had a guardian spirit

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ogress death 55 was me running for my soul and then getting one-shotted.

Thanks for the tips, I figured out the hugging thing after I was there when she did the fire attack and I didn't die, also I remembered my old Bloodborne standby of dodging forward and to the side. Now it's just a matter of execution

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think water talismans work on her as well btw

Welp this made it a lot easier. Finally did it!

Took me about six hours. Death count at around 220. Game seems good!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What level did people beat the demo at, I think I was at 10 or 11?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well I tried fighting the boss in the other level. I have already died 20 times. His combos are so long that I cannot dodge them or if I try to block them my Ki is tanked and then he grapples me. Also his sword seems twice as long as mine

Also I try to do the sheathed attack like he does which instantly kills me, except when I try to do it half the time I'm standing around like a dumbass not charging up

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 23, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It looks like there is an ability in the sword tree that is a parry. But I don't think I'm going to grind for souls to do this. The only times I have been able to do anything to him is to drain his stamina and then grapple him, which from the damage it does I only have to do 25 times. Seems reasonable.

Also half the time he is somehow still blocking with zero stamina?!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe this is just beyond my reflexes and hand-eye coordination, I have seen him do his sheathed attack 100 times at this point and I still can only avoid it like 1 time out of 10, and if he lands it once i'm basically dead.

For people who have beaten Bloodborne, is Nioh comparable in difficulty or harder or easier? I mean, I beat Bloodborne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well, gently caress. I died 119 times to the swordsman. I was able to string together a few good sequences against him and I actually got him down to 60%... and then the demo shut down. I don't think I've ever felt as bad playing a game as I did just now :negative:

I don't know whether this has turned me off to it completely or now I need to play the full game to get my satisfaction