Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's hilarious how much my phone is blowing up since I got hacked and turned on TFA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ya I got texts nonstop for hours until I was able to change my pass

Thank God for tfa

I got like 5 new attempts in the span of 2 minutes, I assume whoever hacked my account and set a different PS4 as the main device then sold that PS4 so I almost feel bad for whoever bought it, but people need to learn that if something is too good to be true, it's probably too good to be true.

I haven't actually talked to customer service about it yet because I discovered the hack the day after christmas and I tried to call and realized they were dealing with a billion calls from people who couldn't figure out how to set up the VR system.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What about TLG freaks out so many people's dogs?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sunning posted:

Super Smash Bros. and Mortal Kombat are big hits. Killer Instinct and Dead or Alive 5 found success as service games. On iOS/Android, Marvel: Contest of Champions is said to make over $25 million in revenue per month.

So either have lots of content or use a compelling business model for your target audience. We'll probably see a few publishers support the development of new fighting games since they want a breakout hit for eSports.

I wouldn't mind a new Guilty Gear.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

You mean newer than the one that is just a few months old...?

I'll cop to not buying a fighting game since SF4 was a launch title on the 3ds and not buying a guilty gear game since the first one. It's a genre I like more as a concept than a thing I actually buy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pierson posted:

Edit: If I wanted to play on a PC monitor is it true I can just plug a headset into the PS4 controller and have sound come via that right? How's the sound quality that way?

Yes, but you also have to check an option in the menus to send all sound to the headset. I only mention that because I'm an idiot and it took me way too long to figure that out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah idk we've been going pretty solid without smart TV chat and other bickering

How much did that poo poo cost in 2017 dollars, or was it the Saturn that was like $800

3dO cost 700 in 1993 dollars, so a bit over 1,100 in today's money.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

they're good games but they're not perfect. no game is; no, not even that one. I don't think saying "this game is good and I hope next time it's better" is being a big baby

Desert Bus is perfect

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don't deny that theoretically it's possible, the technology exists after all. But you'd pretty much have to force the ISP's at gunpoint to lay out proper domestic fibre networks across the entire planet to make it viable.

Besides, even as-is right now it would be a non-starter simply because of US college dorms; Large customer base for videogames, gently caress-all internet for downloading them with :v:.

20 pages back and communist as hell, but every single house and apartment in America has electricity and water, seems like we could also get them fiber optic cables. Wouldn't even need to go full communism because God knows there's a poo poo ton of private utility companies.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CRAYON posted:

Wasn't this the case for most PS1 games?

A goth girl in my middle school had a copy of Quake 1 for PC in her cd case just because NIN did the soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think that's the only legal way to get the NIN soundtrack now too, the digital version has an entirely different soundtrack (you can just replace the files with rips of the original if you want though)

Seriously, gently caress I have a copy on Steam that I've never used and now I'm depressed because that was half the reason I bought it.