Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Maybe I'm just daft, but what is the selling point of the Pro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Akuma posted:

Better performance/visuals? It's not complicated.

Is performance an issue on the normal PS4 already? Are there even demanding scenarios to be had on consoles? And is the only visual upgrade selective 4K support?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I’ve decided I want a PS4 Pro. Where are the best dealios?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Where can I get a PS4 Pro for less than MSRP? I'm a broke boy and it seems like my options are paying around $380 for a used one or $399 for a new.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I have acquired a PS4 Pro and I am playing Ni no Kuni II. I am having a fun time. Thank you.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is there a goon recommended external HDD to get? Or should I go back to days of yore and just install one internally?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is there any reason to buy separate copies of the two MGS V games as opposed to the definitive edition one?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

if they're cheaper separately, sure. like how for some reason the witcher games used to be cheaper to buy individually on steam compared to buying the bundle of all three together

at least I assume ground zeroes comes with the definitive edition from the way you phrased that

It comes with both games + all their DLC for about $30.

The price difference between buying the two games separately is only about $2, so I'm wondering if I really need to have them on separate discs or not. It does allow me to feel as if I'm doing right by senpai Kojima if I buy them separate though.

LODGE NORTH fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 19, 2018

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Samuringa posted:

1 had a dedicated Dodge button so you actually had to play it. 2 was just building up the red Drive Form or pressing Triangle to win.

But, once again, we're talking about a RPG here, not exactly known for their intricate gameplay mechanics.

Do you learn this later? I just started 1 again so I can blaze through the story again before 3 comes out, but I'm honestly just hitting and then scadaddling away.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hello thread. I bought those PS4 Platinum headset shits. Pretty nice. Thanks.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is there a reason almost everyone has a copy of the digital deluxe version of Detroit to sell for only $40?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

All of these are sold now, but it's common. It looks like around $40 is the going price.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale/comments/8mmq8a/h_detroit_become_human_digital_deluxe_w_heavy/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale/comments/8m73r6/usa_h_detroit_become_human_digital_deluxe_psn/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale/comments/8mqmik/usa_h_ps4_digital_deluxe_detroitbecoming_human_w/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale/comments/8ma7al/usa_h_detroit_become_human_digital_deluxe_edition/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale/comments/8mjkbe/usah_detroit_become_human_digital_deluxe_ps4_w/

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

With Gameshare, it’d be totally possible to essentially split the cost of the game with someone or a small group and share the login info for whatever account it’s on, right?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm here to ask a seemingly annoying question you all hear probably dozens of times: is there a place to get PSN Plus for less than the 60/year?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Just take it back and give us more of Blood Dragon

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Does anyone have any horror or success stories in using a powerline adapter on their PS4? My PS4 speeds are a lot slower than reality and I'm hoping a power line adapter can at the very least cut those download times from 4 hours to..a lot less than that.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

this might be something you've already tried but by pausing downloads you can force them to connect to a different download server and that can help a lot

It's such a recurring problem for me. Which is a bit weird since my wireless speeds here are 100Mbit+ but the PS4 goes at a rate of like 5MB/s and often times slower. Everywhere online says wired is my only option to cure it, but that's not really an option for me.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Do people still play normal FPS games online? I never played Fortnite and when I play Apex, I feel like I'm missing some huge part of the draw into the game. I don't get why everyone would want to just drop onto a big island, look for guns, and then rely on the ring or whatever closing to find people etc etc. I feel like there's a huge part of the game that I don't understand.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

The idea behind it all sounds good and reminds me of playing SOCOM back in the day or even when I'd play Call of Duty, but I feel like the whole intensity and fun that can be had with these huge games is best used when describing the normal FPS games I remember.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I don't enjoy playing them or watching them. At all. I can't think of a less suspenseful thing to watch.

But I do ultimately agree with this. Every game I've played has essentially been land one place, pick up guns (and if you can't get your hands on anything - oh well), run around together, try to find more guns and loot etc, then either waiting to be found or going out together to find other people. It reminds me of DayZ but with a direct goal of just shooting people to win.

I think the core of the problem - for me - is that it has the FPS base there, but it's just not what I expect or want from an online game when I think of "fun"

I might pick up the new Call of Duty or something.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s still San Andreas > V > Vice City > IV > III for me

This is the correct order.

That said, judging off the posts here, it'd be worth it to get the Metro games off PSN now while the first three can be had for a little bit over $20?

e: Apparently Metro Redux is just a remake of the first two and not a third game...this is tempting.

LODGE NORTH fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 23, 2019

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Traded in my old PS4 at GameStop and turned it into $200 in PSN credit. With that, I just copped four games: Anthem, God of War, DQ11, and Wolfenstein 2. I'm reading online that the second Wolfenstein picks up right after the first, but it would be okay to play the 2nd and then treat the other two as prequels to the story I'm getting here?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Guillermus posted:

I'm sorry about Anthem and Wolfenstein 2.

I played it at a friend's house with some other friends and thought it was amazing. Honestly, the visuals alone sold me.

And I'll no doubt love Wolfenstein.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

When it comes to remote play, there’s nothing secretive about the device being used that makes it function worse on machine x vs machine y, right? Like, running the Remote Play app on OS X has no difference between running it on Windows vs using remote play on a PS TV?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is there a recommended SSD to get for PS4s or is it just like a computer and I should just try to get an EVO? I’m looking to expand and upgrade from this 1TB HDD in the Pro.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I think Anthem is a really fun game.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Do old sales get replaced by new ones? Like there's a sale happening now that ends tomorrow at 11. Will we see a new sale start around that time or does it just depend on what the flavor of the time is?

e: I don't know what flavor of the time means. will there be a different sale. I am poor.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Sales can get replaced by new ones, but it's not guaranteed. Big holidays will generally always get a sale.

Note that while there are the big themed store sales (Thanksgiving, Critics Choice, E3, Halloween, etc), individual games can also go on sale on their own depending on the publisher.

If you're hunting for a particular game, go to psprices.com and set up an alert for its price to drop. Trying to predict the PS store is for seers and madmen.

This is exactly what I'm doing in waiting for the Wolfenstein 2 pack to drop to $15 again. I scored a bunch of games I had missed out on during these past few sales and hope I can just build my digital library more.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

What's the best way to get a pair of those chat earbuds that every PS4 comes with? They're lovely, but I liked them solely for when I wanted to game and not wake anyone up or get solely for chatting etc. Every place on eBay and Amazon seems like a risk of getting a Chinese knockoff.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

The Division is $10 but is it worth 10? I heard it got better, but is it worth it at that price coupled with 2 coming out soon?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is there any real difference between R-Play and the new Remote Play app? I already bought R-Play awhile ago and the icon is leagues nicer...

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Should I bother with a portable SSD for my PS4 when it comes to additional storage?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Repurposed WD Passport, here we go.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

What is the best way to force someone to gameshare with me without being illegal?

e: I am open to options of immorality.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

You mean like share a psn account or like swap discs?

Share a PSN.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Am I stupid for wanting to buy Borderlands Handsome Collection digitally when I own the actual game?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Games releasing on a specific day usually come out at 12AM EST, right? What are the possible reasons a game could not come out?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I saw a headline for the PS5 event and got really happy because it looked like a black PS5, but then I watched the attached video and it's just a white one in the shadows.

I dunno, it hurted.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hey, so, hypothetically, what is a best case scenario that's not too outlandish for expandable storage?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Shammypants posted:

Maybe for the digital edition, but not for the Disc one.

With how long I've been trying to press "Checkout" for Best Buy and just getting the refresh gif, I'm starting to think it actually *is* sold out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I managed to get a bundle through GameStop. I imagine there's no way to return the extra stuff because that'd kinda defeat the purpose of hogtying people to bundles, right?

qbert posted:

Ended up ordering the $750 disc bundle from GameStop which comes with a 2nd controller I won't use and an extra game I don't want, but it's otherwise fine.

If I can get a base version from Amazon whenever those pre-orders go up I'll just cancel it.

Oh, yeah, this.