Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
PS4 pro on a 4k TV is overrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ya it sucks waste of money don't get either anyone

Moving on now

Sorry I thought we were just throwing out things people like and calling them overrated

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is there even a debate about the pro?

If you have a PS4 already, you can wait. If you don't have a PS4, you are a fool to not spend the $100 and get the current tech. If you can't afford the $100 you shouldn't be buying a game system in the first place.

In the next year or so there will be games that run dramatically better on the pro. If you are thinking of upgrading, you can probably sell your old PS4 on CL for $200 and effectively halve the cost of upgrading.

I spent the $150 on half a dozen games for my new console. Coming from always building midrange PCs and only upgrading when my comp doesn't meet minimum reqs on the latest stuff I don't really care at all if the framerates drop to mid 20s once in a while much less a constant 60.

Uncharted 4 has been good so far but feels so long that I'm starting to get annoyed any time some handhold breaks or an elevator doesn't work right. It's also got the same problem as every UC game where the pace is all quick so let's gogogo but also slow down and search the corners for treasures.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Yeah I mean I get that the PS4 Pro is an objectively better machine and the games look objectively better. Saying it's a waste of time or money to even look at a slim starts to smell like the "if you're not running two of the latest graphics card you're a peasant" elitism that makes the PC gaming community so obnoxious. I always liked that console gaming chat with based entirely around the games because everyone was using the same machine.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
A year of PSPlus for $60 is a good deal that will get you a steady stream of decent to good games as well as enabling MP for some games. In addition to the other recommendations I'd say the first season of Hitman which is outstanding.

I had to take a break from Bloodborne as it started to swallow up all my gaming time and I have too many games to beat to sink 100 hours into just one except Destiny shut up

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
40 hours for a Souls veteran? DS1 finally clicked with me less than a month ago re: dying being part of the gameplay so I was expecting BB to take me a loooong time.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Real hurthling! posted:

the last hour is a masterwork

unrelated: is infamous 2nd son combat supposed to be punishing? i beat first light 2 years ago and never died but i am having to be cheesy and snipe dudes peaking off ledges for like 10 minutes before i can even approach dup command center in this one. maybe i'm playing it wrong.

I was wondering the exact same thing and i started it up directly after finishing first light this morning. It's pretty drat hard even on normal until you realize you need to bail immediately when the screen desaturates. It gets better when you start getting unlocks to restore health when you use the transport pipe things and when you subdue an enemy. Even then I'm getting chewed up by minigun guys pretty handily.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Sounds like a lot of people made the same mistake I did with DA:I and tried to complete the entire first zone which is a really good way to get bored and burnt out before you even see a tenth of the game. I actually enjoy the story and gameplay but am still struggling to care enough to beat it over a year later.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Well I'm gonna preorder Mass effect Andromeda on Amazon so I can get 20% off because outside dragon age 2 bioware hasn't made a bad game imo

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Montalvo posted:

Whoever curates the Playstation account on YouTube is a genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3vr4El4cmI

God drat people in the comments are mad about that trailer :allears:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Holy poo poo I watched that trailer on my tablet earlier and didn't realize the YT app froze on the ESRB rating. I thought the trailer was 42 seconds of the rating screen.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I've been trying to play God eater resurrection in between FF XV and I dunno if FF is spoiling me or what but holy poo poo does God eater feel cheap and boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
So I should just play God eater 2 rage burst then?