Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
I pre-ordered Nioh. I almost made it, but I learned nothing from NMS.

Actually, Team Ninja was great with the alpha and beta play time and giving copies to review sites early without any limitations so I k jw what I'm in for and feel pretty good about the choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

Nioh really suffers from some bad translation. I can't tell if these vague gear stat descriptions means I take more damage or do more damage and it's kind of annoying to have to go look it up(haven't bothered yet). Also, game has been pretty easy until now at the first real boss that you have to fight in a broom closet on a ship. :/

Oh yeah: Three basically identical tutorials in a row is pretty funny. I guess they had some real trouble with people not getting it.

You can hit the options button on almost all menu screens to enter help mode which allows you to scroll through each stat to learn a bit more.

The help mode will explain exactly what you mentioned regarding taking vs giving damage and stuff.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
I've been a console gamer since the NES with some brief forays into PC gaming. I've toyed with the idea of getting a really nice gaming PC, hooking it up to my TV, and using it like a console, but now that I can, I'm not sure if I'd use it much. Anyone do this?

I'm not into fps games and when I look through the top PC games of 2016, half of them wouldn't even require a nice PC to play, which I guess could save me money, but I sort of imagined it as replacing the console for 80% of my gaming at least. Like, I want to be talked into getting a gaming PC, but I'm not sure it's worth it unless I'm into strategy or fps games. Am I wrong?

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Do you play online a lot? I got a PS4 because EVERYBODY I know has one now. It's not like the days of the PS3/Xbox 360 where you had to pick a side. Everyone I know is playing PS4 now.

Yeah, I play online a bit and would definitely keep a console now and in the future for that cause my friends don't use their computers for games.

Ramagamma posted:

I spent a couple of thousand on a really nice gaming pc 2 years ago and then spent a bunch of time playing Dota 2 and Starcraft.

Then i bought a ps4 and now my gaming pc does a good job of streaming twitch or netflix while I game it up on ps4.

Yup, this is what I'm afraid of.

I feel like I know it will happen, but still want a PC for crazy graphics on like a handful of games which is just a waste. I guess I could get a cheaper PC for exclusive indies or whatever and just call it a day.