Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Inspect your Gadgets has a fairly helpful home theatre thread if you really wanna dive deep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is there a consensus of which of the two new consoles is more powerful, or are we not going to know until they can do side by side tests of some multiplatform games?

The series X is definitely the most powerful. Probably will have more true 4k60 games. Seems about the same difference as One X vs PS4 pro.

That said I am still getting a ps5 because Xbox can't stop tripping over themselves.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Waltzing Along posted:

It can do more teraflops. 12 to 10. something. The PS4 can push more data. A lot more data. Like 2x as much.

I'd say the PS4 is more powerful.

You'd be wrong even if you meant ps5 but that's ok. Won't be a huge difference.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exquisite tea posted:

12 terrible flops? I thought the X-Box One could already do that. :smugdog:

The one X is 6 earth floppies

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm wondering how good the 3d audio headphones can be considering they're relatively cheap. I have a pair preordered - along with everything else except the camera.

The platinum headset was disappointing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Storm One posted:

The 3D audio is in the consoles, any stereo headphones will work. Unless Sony has hosed up and removed the analgoue 3.5mm out, anyone with a good pair of headphones doesn't need to buy anything else.

I thought they had some new tech. So it's not any different than the audio in, say, RS Siege? Which is amazing to the point where it's more important than sight?

I already have some hyper X ones that I really like and were a lot more expensive.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I will never cease to be amazed how many pages of this thread are about bloodborne.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bloodborne should run better on ps5 right? I may give it another shot just so I don't have to skip every second page of this thread.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aussies love to complain about the price of everything but I have way more discretionary money here than I did in Vancouver.

Also new physical games are $80 including tax here while you never get a discount on ~$94 games in Canada.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Crafty posted:

Wait till they hear this little beauty sing

I am seriously getting a custom made tv stand just to house this behemoth along with the xfridge.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Amazon Australia never had the series x as far as I could tell and gave you a search result for the og ps4

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I’ll probably buy an Xbox eventually and I bet it’ll be cool. can’t wait for a single game to be announced

e: ^^^lol

Fallout 77, coming 2022

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm just starting tlou2 and my only problem is it's way too gross/sad for me. I got through tlou1 but this is on another level and I'm one of those guys who never watches horror movies.

Can appreciate how well made it is though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

hey assholes on the other side of the world: WAKE UP THIS THREAD NEEDS POSTS :siren:

It's 1030pm in the only part of down under where people live so we're going to bed too, sorry mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nice I'm level 21 on my account that I just started in august after ps support refused to let me recover my old one after moving countries.

Also could Sony let us know about back compat because there's no way I'm finishing tlou2 before the ps5 comes out and I really want to despite being spoiled.