Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Last month at the King of Iron Fist Global Championship stream Tekken's producer Harada claimed that we'd be getting a release date this month. So hopefully soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for this. I was kinda shocked when I read that it was taken down earlier because I always get a laugh out of this.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Release info.

$30 for PS4 physical / Switch digital, $40 for Switch physical (with bonus poo poo)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Wii U version at the Video Game Awards vs the Switch version they're showing at Fallon/Treehouse streams/the trailers is like night and day. It chugged so hard and looked awful on Wii U.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Walrus posted:

my rabbit always comes and sits next to me when i play TLG

Sounds like a cute + loyal rabbit

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I watched the Treehouse stream and including 1-2-Switch would actively devalue the Switch. But it makes for some fun memes.

https://twitter.com/ElTorroGAF/status/820027252863803393

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

wait does it not come with memory? lmao every single thing I hear about this thing reinforces the vita comparison, it's incredible

It has a 32 gig internal storage and takes Micro SD up to 128 gigs, so I can drop like $50 and get the max storage as opposed to Vita which charged me like $100 for 64.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

32GB really won't cut it when you realize that the major Nintendo games are gonna be big. Breath of the Wild is something like 14 right out of the gate.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I said come in! posted:

No, you can get a 256GB supposedly. Samsung makes these but they are $150 - $200.

Oh you're right, just looked it up and it takes 256 but man after Vita there's no way I'm shelling out that much again for a memory card anytime soon.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Only Switch gets a digital release unfortunately.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

They make ridiculous amounts of money off FFXIV, and FFXI is like the most profitable FF ever.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean, the FF7 remake is shaping up to basically just play like a modded FFXV right? Just with like 3x the summons and twice the party members? Haven't they basically said that the remake won't be turn based? Or am I hallucinating that? It feels weird to think about how one of my favorite games from 5th grade will also be a game I look forward to slowly getting released over the course of my 30s...

FF7R is a modded FFXV but with some FF7 flavoring in the mechanics. Like there's an Active Time Bar and apparently your attacks deplete from said bar.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm pretty sure FF7R will come sooner rather than later, what with CyberConnect2 being involved on the grunt work.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Haha oh gently caress Sega is finally translating the big swooshy Japanese text before fights?! Yes!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bonobos posted:

This may be the wrong thread for this but since I'd be using it with PS4, I'd thought I'd ask anyway...So what does everyone recommend as far headsets? The reviews for the platinum one that just came out aren't encouraging, and though the astro a50 looks cool, As I understand gaming headsets in general aren't recommended.

Budget isn't a concern I'd just want something that sounds awesome with good build quality. Decent mic would be bonus.

This is what I have. I know a bunch of other people that have it too and it's a pretty great headset. Better sound quality than those Pulse Elites I used to have, and unlike Sony their headbands aren't awful plastic that'll break over time.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I haven't gotten an e-mail from Sony in a long time that wasn't related to purchases and I find that weird, because I have it set to send me them for deals and the like and I used to get them. I didn't really care until they started throwing out unique discount codes into them!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/823530897999687680

"Early 2017" fam

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Harada explains why Tekken 7 isn't coming Early 2017.

Basically SFV's single player portion bombing so hard made him and Bamco push things back so they can make sure stuff's ready.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I don't know how after all the Ubisoft downgrades going all the way back to Far Cry 3 that anyone could look at a Ubisoft trailer and expect that to be the product you're getting when it comes out. It happens with every game they make now!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I know Sega's said they may give Yakuza 2 the Kiwami treatment but I don't know anything about games beyond the original 2 classic ones.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It took me about 50 minutes to download that beta the other day. It's pretty fun! I spent 40 minutes dueling this one dude over and over, just poking around and feeling out the game mechanics and I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the matchmaking for Domination (4v4 control point mode) is broken right now so I started up Yakuza 0.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I will buy Nioh for sure, maybe For Honor?

Bombadilillo posted:

On a scale from Mash A to Dark Souls, hows the combat?

Sort of in the middle. Basis of combat is that you have an up, left, and right stance and you make your attacks on those stances with either light or heavy attacks. There's also a fist attack that you can guard break and then throw people with, like I won my first duel in this game by elbowing a flippy ninja in the face then tossing her off a bridge. There's standard blocking, parries, dodges, dodge rolls, that sort of thing. Each hero has their own unique abilities too, like I only play the Knight guy so he has like a special bonus where his Up light attack comes out super fast and if his first light attack hits you can't block the second one, that kind of thing. It can get pretty cool figuring out combos when you're tied to a Stamina system, so like I can run at them when I'm not locked on, hit Heavy attack for a special move, lock on, light attack, hit square to do a charging shoulder attack, light again, then when they're reeling I can try for an up-close guard break and if it lands I can like bash them in the face and either smash them with a Heavy attack or try to throw them into a wall for a Tekken-like wall bounce and hit them on the rebound with something else. The game has a bunch of little tutorials you can play and more in-depth tutorial videos that explain more intricate combo mechanics and the like, but it's pretty fun! I dunno if it's $79.99 CAD fun but from what I've seen it's not a dumpster fire.

There's a whole "Feat" system going on too, like healing, buffs, rage mode, "killstreak" like attacks and the like but unfortunately they're not present in Duel modes and are apparently restricted to the 4v4 quasi-Domination/MOBA/Dynasty Warriors mode which I haven't gotten to try yet!

As an aside, this game has some really neat customization going on. You can modify your guy's helmet, chest piece, arms, and weapon with gear you "salvage" (either after a battle or from your standard in-game currency [which you earn by fighting and can probably buy in the full version] purchase menu) that modify your stats, can be upgraded, and it's even got a vanity system going on for your stuff so you can make your gear look like what you want without being forced to wear something you don't like. Your standard color schemes, a medieval equivalent to COD tag making with making your own Shield Crest, unlockable stuff, you know the sort of thing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

How do you all have invites and I don't :smith: I've been following For Honor since it was first announced.

What's your Ubisoft Club name? I could try and figure out how this Friend Invite thing goes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The real crime is that the good Guerrilla Games team got shuttered.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I mean, you COULD sell a single story by the act but you have to make sure that act is really drat good and Mankind Divided's act is really bland.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I dunno RE5 is okay.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Well, poo poo. I guess I have to upgrade then at some point if Beast mode is doing this much good.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

How big is the install and patch on DOOM? I've been wanting to replay it, but I heard it's up to like 80-90 GB?

When I played it a few months back it was something like 68 GB in full.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nioh is goddamn incredible and I think I like it more than Dark Souls. It plays soooooo good.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Kuno posted:

Does the Doom updates do much for the single player? Is it alright to start playing unpatched or is the game busted/missing something. I usually don't mind waiting but in this case it's thirty gigs and given my psn speeds might take about 3 days to download.

The patches added arcade mode which is a really fun, no bullshit progression system way to play the game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm thinking of replacing my base PS4 with a Pro, but how much better does it look if I don't have a 4k TV? Still worth it?

(It helps that I have a white PS4 from the Destiny bundle so I can apparently sell it for significantly more than a normal one)

Just wait for Destiny 2 this Fall, maybe they'll have a white PS4 Pro!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It took me like 4 tries to get Batlady and I was kind of disappointed that at the end of her fight (in like the last 1/3rd of her life) she just kept repeating the same pattern of "float up, throw paralysis wave, throw knives" so all I had to do was dodge the wave, run close underneath to bait out the dive bomb, and get the critical hit when she gets stuck in the ground then she'd just go up again to start the pattern again. It's a pretty fun fight though!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ularg posted:

I feel so weird being out of Destiny right now. It's like when I stopped playing WoW years back. It was my entire gaming hobby. So now I got Let It Die as a fun aside, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, I want to get back into Rainbow Six Siege, I've been getting into Doom 1/2 modding scene, tons of backlog single player games that I've never finished and a bigger log of games I've never played but always wanted to like Earth Defense Force or Homeworld.

You'll be back this Fall for Destiny 2, fam. It'll be fine.

I kind of want to buy a PS4 Pro after seeing Boost Mode and how well PSVR and Nioh work on it, but then Destiny 2 got announced and I'm like hey maybe if I wait there'll be a white Destiny 2 Pro bundle?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I really liked For Honor but after the last few Ubi games I feel pretty confident in saying that For More Honor will be a great game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Silent Hill opened with a little girl flailing and screaming SILENT HILL SILENT HILL and I knew I was in for something bad.

Nice camera angles from the games tho.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Look just give me an RDR2 or a Destiny 2 Pro Bundle and I'll trade up. Until then get that poo poo outta my face.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I get "lol Gamestop" is a running joke but the stores really aren't that bad. Their employees seem to genuinely work hard and deal with a lot of BS. Them trying to shill stuff and their high prices is on corporate, not the employee

What I'm saying is I generally always have a pleasurable experience and treat the employee with some common courtesy. I don't get why people march into a place with low expectations and a poo poo attitude and take something they read online out on the employee. You get what you put in I guess :shrug:

Hell, i've never even worked retail. Ok I'll step off my soapboxz

Yeah, most of the ones I've been to have been pretty good too. The last time I went to one to do one of their Trade X Get Game Free deals they had just stopped accepting Vita games but the website still advertised Vita games they would accept so the cashier spent like 10 minutes figuring out the cumulative trade-in values of said Vita games so I could get that deal done. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada with EB Games (GameStop owns the brand) but I've been to a dozen stores and only 1 in all these years would I even call remotely bad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Night Blade posted:

Speaking of Gamestop, since my PS4 was randomly ejecting discs, chugging on things and sounded like a jet engine even after a fan cleaning, I took advantage of a few deals they had for traded in the PS4 that may have been on the verge of death.

Long story short I traded an OG PS4 + two junk games for a PS4 slim (CoD bundle) for a final price of 41 bucks. Once I sell the sealed CoD game It'll end up being even cheaper, but one thing bugs me.

The outside of the PS4 box promised a download voucher code for CoD4 remastered. I didn't find anything inside of the PS4 so is it safe to assume it's inside of the sealed copy of CoD: Infinite Warfare?

I'm not 100% sure on how the console bundle works but the physical version of COD IW that comes with COD4 Remastered has COD4 built into the game so you HAVE to keep IW in order to play it. Does the box call it the Legacy edition or something along those lines? Because that's the case.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

So they are going to divide the multiplayer base like crazy by having most maps behind a huge paywall? Sounds like an awesome idea.

The season pass is just microtransaction loot boxes, XP boosters, some new characters, and "early VIP access" to new content. And they're charging $40 USD for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Gaming in the Trump Years is gonna be great.