Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

you can literally make yourself invincible in ff15 before even starting the game. play the platinum demo first to get carbuncle, then play on easy and it'll pop up to revive and buff you if you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You don't need to play the demo for that to get carbuncle :ssh:

Oh I thought it was a demo exclusive

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Understanding KH probably just makes it even worse

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

mrbass21 posted:

Maybe I have no soul, but I'm not enjoying The Last Guardian.

Every time I start to get into it, the camera and controls immediately pull me out of it. I get bored of it after playing about 20 minutes and don't care to play anymore.

Everyone has talked about how amazing the game is, so I'm going to finish it. I'm never thinking "man, I want to play TLG!" I usually have to force myself to slog through it.

I know I don't have to, but I want to see this ending everyone is talking about. Plus, I keep convincing myself that it gets better, or that I'm one play session from seeing what everyone raves about.

You probably have no soul. I dont either and thought the game was much to flawed to be enjoyable. I finished it mainly out of spite.
A lot of people seem to like it though, so hopefully we will get another ueda game in the future.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

The new zelda looks dope, but im not buying a consolle for one game.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nintendo allready thought of that. Thats why its portable, so you can continue playing in the locker

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

how will sony step up after the reveal of nintendos sweet HD-Rumble?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Ya, looks like a generic ubisoft game but made by a developer with a somehow worse track record.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Megasabin posted:

Nomura put out a statement last week saying both KH3 and FF7 remake are no where near done, and to not expect them soon.

Nomura really seems to have become inefficient at his job in his later years. I know the dude probably commands a lot of respect for his earlier work, but Square should probably put their foot down before we get two more FFXV-esque projects. You know where after 5+ years he has to be bailed out, and the team that takes over finds a mess of ideas still in the concept stages.

I think i read somewhere that nomura is pretty much at the idea stage for the entirety of production. Meaning nothing ever gets done cause he'll have a new and better idea for what they're making every 6 months.
So yeah, they should fire him

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

KrayG posted:

Uncharted 4 is the perfect 8 out of ten game for absolutely anyone and if you disagree you are actively forcing yourself to hate it for some twisted reason.

Do you work at naughty dog?

I find the recomandations to play uncharted 1 first weird. "You want to play this good game huh? Actually, I highly recommend you go play something worse."

Anyway, figured id give this yakuza series a go. Whens the new one coming out?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Next week

I thought it was soon, but didn't see anything on the store, which is where i usually check if there is anything interesting coming out soon.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Half the reason to play the UC series is the characters. Why would you not play the first game first if you had the opportunity? Elena and Nathan have great rapport. And it's not a bad game in any shape or form.

Most people point out how its noticably worse than the other ones.
But how would i know. I only played 3 and was completely baffled by these complex and deep characters and their intricate relationships with each other.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

all of these loving toddlers being critical of products they spend money on!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I think gravity rush 2 looks nice.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I interact with people to pay the rent, if you know what I mean...

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

You guys seriously don't play video games in your diapers?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

You're not supposed to post here anymore, Shmorky.

Shhhhhh

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've never liked anything in my life and I'm a better person for it

The only things ive ever enjoyed are video games and im a mess

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

So there's some previous problem with buying stuff in general?

i guess he has the problem where psn/sony just doesn't want his card/money

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Morby posted:

Ok, I'll try at night then. It's really weird because I was seeing treasure on the ground I couldn't pick up and places to gather lighting and fire, but I couldn't. There was a camp site I couldn't camp at. I reset the game and went back to town and will have to go through the preliminary part again.

sounds like a bug with the interact option. try saving and reloading, i've heard that fixes most issues.

also, that royal arms tomb opens during the day. they all do.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Ramagamma posted:

Finally got round to putting a few hours into FF15 since getting it for Christmas. Love the world, love the asthetic, love everything apart from the combat really, can't get a grasp on how to do it well i guess? Much better than id expected though.

you'll want be less aggressive than what you would think. keep moving, stay on the outside of big mobs and warp strike a lot.
if not, magic is the win button in the game.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Play Souls game with a Nathan Drake build. Replace all boss music with the Indiana Jones theme.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

There's something very strange about people reading up on video game stories.

Just play GR2 if you want to play it. I didn't play GR1 and GR2 is fine. Everything you need to know is told to you in the first 10 minutes. "I came from somewhere else. I had gravity powers. Me and my friends were in a big battle and then got separated. I ended up here, in the sequel."

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you haven't finished it yet, you are very wrong.

I have not and I might be.

E: I doubt it though.

Attitude Indicator fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 25, 2017

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

Can't believe trump is president

What game are you playing?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Wow I followed your advice and my TVs HDR doesn't work with the PS4 even tho the box says HDR >:-|

I don't know man, have you tried plugging the cables in the right order? You're probably missing some brilliant character development if you chose the blue one first.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

GR2s fun and uniqueness comes from gravity shifting and hence it's way of traversal and fighting, so it makes perfect sense that they decided that every other side quest should be a forced stealth segment or trailing mission.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do they disable your abilities in those?

Not usually. But it doesn't matter since they are all slow and boring. It hardly matters if your standing on the ground or the wall watching some dude slowly walk down the street.
There are side quest where you can't use your abilities for some dumb reason or other.

But seriously, who are these bozos who keep dumping forced stealth sections in games in tyool 2017?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

strategery posted:

Dragon Quest builders (Chapter 3) Question:

So i got the quest to build "better equipment". There is no quest marker and all they say is i need to build better stuff. So i read online that I need to build Power Stones or something at the workbench, but my workbench doesnt even have that as an option, meaning i haven't discovered the recipe. What am i doing wrong?

EDIT: Also it is weird we dont know the FEB plus games?

Maybe you need to build a forge and then the thing you need? I don't know. There should be a full list of all your recipe's in the main meny.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

I'm updating my launch PS4 tomorrow to a new unit. I was going to buy a Pro; I don't currently own a 4k TV, but I know I will eventually and I'd likely want the Pro then, plus it's just $100 more so why not get the "best" version, right?

Is there still an issue with games running worse on the Pro on 1080 televisions, or was that ironed out? Googling just gets me loads of articles from November about it. I'm seeing some stuff like The Last Guardian just flat runs better on a Pro versus a regular one, so is it just on a game by game basis?

I was thinking of replaying The Last of Us, I remember that being one of the culprits of running worse on a Pro, which is what made me think of this in the first place. Did those games get patched to run normally on a PS4 Pro on a regular HDTV or is this a problem you guys and gals are dealing with?

It's on a game by game basis. Some dev's hosed up the Pro patches for some games. I assume it's been fixed now, but I don't know.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Feenix posted:

The camera issues more or less have me ready to send it back to gamefly, but as I arrived at Jirga Para Lhao I started enjoying gathering the overworld crystals at least.

When do I get treasure hunt stuff? That sounds like my bag.

you can get them now. They pop up at random intervals. Or they would, if the servers weren't down all the time.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I haven't really had that many issues with the camera in GR2, but it can get wonky when you stick to walls or ceilings. Clicking R3 when landing usually solves that though.
The default camera sensitivity is shockingly low, considering it's a game where you need to pivot it around fast during battle, and I put it at max early on. But I usually turn sensitivity up during games, so maybe it's just me.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Quality over quantity any day of the week.

I'd rather pay 50$ and enjoy a good game for 10 hours, than 10$ and waste 50 hours on some mediocre garbage.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Ramagamma posted:

I'd like to hear someone who truely believes it give a passionate defence for Devil May Cry 2.

You'd probably need to get a hold of some old Diesel marketing dude

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

If there only was some ethics in game journalism then the Order wouldn't have gotten such a bad rep

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

gravity rush 2 is fun but i am never doing another side mission after some of the horse poo poo tower defense ones that go on forever

thank god i found the cancel mission option buried in the menu.

I finished the game earlier today and it is good, but I gave up ok the sidemissions too. They are all terrible, unfun garbage that seems like it was made to spite you. Slow as gently caress tailing missions, stealth sections, platforming and combat sections where they love taking away your powers. And they all seriously overstay their welcome.
The rest of the game is very enjoyable.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I haven't played 2, but everyone seems to think that 1 is better. And Hotline Miami 1 is good.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Beastie posted:

they bore the hell out of me.

This is Ubi summed up. None of their games are very interesting and all feel like designed by committee. Not my thing.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Whatever happened to that Slain? I remember it getting a lot of hype and then...nothing.

It came out, was bad, they released a enhanced version later which was better, but it still looks bad.

I was considering picking up a new game, figured either RE7 or Yakuza 0 looked interesting, but ended up just starting a new character in Bloodborne. Guess that's what happens when the game of decade is released halfway into it.

Attitude Indicator fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

It'll be interesting to see if Nioh has the same staying power as the souls games.