Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I had a customer ask to return their Christmas present of Ghostbusters on PS4. I asked why.

"Because it's awful.'

Let me tell you: They were not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I've got a copy on hold at a gamestop, it's just that it's a half hour away and I'm lazy and it's one they opened already, because gamestop.

How, precisely, do you expect them to sell something without putting it on display?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Awesome! posted:

thats why i always buy my cornflakes pre-opened

Cornflakes aren't worth 70 euros, or can be easily resold for 50 euros at CEX.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm 99% certain they're going out of business. They've all "remodelled" in Ireland and it looks like they just sold all their shelves and threw everything in bins.

I'd say they're being destroyed by CEX

The bins are easier to tidy because no-one browses them. This kinda makes sense?

Also, Gamestop employees don't get to open new games then play them for a week. We get to play traded in games for a week. We only open games when we don't get sleeves, because we know people like to buy sealed games. Once it's out of the charts you gut it because it'd be impossible to keep track of which boxes are real or fake in the bins.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Look, there's tons of mature and adult games on the PS4.

Like Batman. Who is more mature and adult than Batman? Nobody, that's who.

I played through all of Batman Telltale today and can confirm.

Also that is a fun thing to play.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

For Honour could be good but it feels paper thin. The box advertises five modes. Three of these are "fight until enemy team all dead" in 1v1, 2v2 or 4v4.

There is a 4v4 mode where you respawn on death until one team gets enough points, then win by fighting until the enemy team all dead. This is the other 2 modes.

That's not a lot of variety.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

There was talk of Rocket League doing it.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I fully agree, that plus they threw up their hands after a few months and made a universal Boost Mode for any game that had no specific Pro patch.

Blaming Sony for developers not wanting to patch old games at their time and cost is kinda odd.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Between the demo coming, and the fact it's already €25 new here physically, I get the impression Dishonoured 2 didn't sell too well.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Chocobo races were replaced by Chocobo half-pipes.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

So what's that "Dex" game anyway? PSN keeps reccomending it to me and I'm getting serious Flashback vibes off the thing.

There's a free demo on the EU PSN.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

How many frames per second can a human even see? I also don't understand why caps go 30 60 144, why isn't it 120 fps?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

revolther posted:

It's a fair point that ps+ does add like 300 bucks to the price over the life of the console. It's optional, like currently I don't have anything I want to play online so I let it lapse, but for a lot of people I imagine it's just automatic cost of doing business.

This is true, but that 300 bucks gets you a few grand in games, so it balances out:

Free games when they launch like Rocket League;
PS+ Discount sales;
Occasional stuff like beta access to games saving you money when the game is bad.

Seems fair.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

The Command & Conquer games still have the best FMVs.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Prey has a real good story until the ending. The game rewards you mechanically for noticing things, which then ruins aspects of the story if you're being meticulous. The combat is the worst parts: larger enemies mess you up if you get close, and long-range weapons are non-existant unless you count throwing stuff. A lot of the skills are underwhelming: I maxed Repair to fortify turrets, and they'd die when I changed area. I wonder if skills are less important than they could be because they have the trophy for a no-skills run.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

It feels like a scifi Dark Souls so good job to them there. The main contention is there's no class system, and level up simply increases your power number to equip better gear and mods. I'm enjoying it but I can already see there's a lot less replay value than a Souls title.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

The season pass is $29 on Amazon right now

The Season Pass was €30 at launch, until they decided it sold well enough to push it to €50.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Mentions SuperPlay in the opening paragraph :getin:

I miss SPlay. I had all 48 issues, their subscription bonus was a VHS of Akira, the cover art was amazing, and thanks to their review my dad got me Secret Of Mana at launch. I miss good game magazines.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Mr President posted:

lmao Uncharted and Killzone got shoved out of the way quick to make way for the new flagship IP.

Uncharted and Killzone haven't had games out this year, in fairness.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Renoistic posted:

I can see Killing Floor being fun in coop but the PS4 controls are atrocious. When I realized you had to press two buttons to switch weapons I was out.

Triangle is two buttons?

Yeah I did the tutorial last night and got a bit put off.
The controls are a bit poo poo too. Having to use the D pad to select items WHILE holding another button is really bad.

Hold O at doors to weld, tap up on Dpad to heal others.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

You need to hold triangle and use the D pad for weapons

No? You don't?

Triangle toggles between your weapons. Seriously.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

strategery posted:

Has anyone taken advantage of the free Battlefront Ultimate Edition PSPLUS subscription deal? My sub ends tomorrow and I was going to uncheck auto renew to see if this works. Also does it work in the US, as it is on the EU PSBLOG page:
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/06/02/join-ps-plus-and-get-a-copy-of-star-wars-battlefront-premium-edition/

Not in USA and if you've ever had PS+ it's also no.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Ularg posted:

I might be alone, but I don't think there's many F2P games that are worth your time to play unless you're doing so with friends/goons.

Gwent. It's in Open Beta and it's so good.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Ularg posted:

Man, what I would do to get into that Dreadnought closed beta. Don't know how I'm equally really interested in that game and have also missed every opportunity to try and join in tests.

What's bothering you about it. If it helps it's probably best not to bother with using your pod fire except when stuff is flying out of range. The Pod Powers are fun to use, I really wish I could get Missile way earlier in the game.

You can buy into Dreadnought for ten bucks and get unique ships.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

It's probably my favorite game of last year and one of my favorite ever. I thought the story would probably end with a wet fart like most games of this type but it really delivers.

How did you play Horizon Zero Dawn last year?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Who wants a new PS5 when the Mini SNES is actually happening?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

The original Vandal Hearts is still one of my favourite PS1 games.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

How else would you get a safe out of a bank without having a big group to carry it out?

With two cars, obviously.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

It's just a Pro? Is it slimmer?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

It is incredibly weird that Sony doesn't support it's own format but the competition does.

It's almost like they know how many people actually buy 4K Blurays or something!

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Revol posted:

A year ago, when I rent an apartment with my brother, we could never get his PS4 online because of the WS-37397-9 error. Our IP was banned. Not for any of our doing, of course, but because our provider doles out random IPs, and the one we were stuck with was banned. Sony refused any kind of help, said it was on the ISP to change our IP. Our ISP said they couldn't change our random IP, only if we bought a static IP service. This pissed me off, and I blamed Sony's handling of banning IPs, not so much our ISP.

I had pretty much forgotten about that when I bought my first PS4, off the Amazon Prime sale. I'm in a new apartment now, so new IP (same ISP). When I first hooked it up on Friday, PSN worked, downloaded a few demos.

This weekend, I'm already back to getting the WS-37397-9 error. Banned again.

gently caress you, Sony.

Should Sony not be allowed to ban IPs from their service? This sounds like your ISP's fault.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Destiny 2 is alright. It feels like Destiny 1, and there might be things to do this time?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Liver Disaster posted:

Is there a minimap this time?

Nope.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Ularg posted:

(sorry for breaking up theme chat. I'm boring and have just been using Destiny 2 dynamic theme I got for preordering)

Has anyone gotten the bug where it just keeps asking you to link your PS account to Youtube when you try to upload a video over and over again?

- Select upload video
- Select youtube
- Get asked to link accounts
- Link Account

Then it kicks you back to choose which service to upload to and it loops back and starts all over again asking to link accounts.

Yes. I fixed it by changing my YT password.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok I haven't fussed with any of that because I just unlocked chapter select so let me figure it out

Thanks for the help!!!

If you want to do any trophies do them before the repeat fight.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Games in folders get patched.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

cubicle gangster posted:

Motherfucker. Why didn't I get an actual notification that I have an unread notification? Just checked on my ps app and I've had it since July 5th apparently. No email, no little red '1', no pop up on PlayStation. Just silently sat there with a 2 week window to claim it.

What is the point in a notification that doesnt notify you when you have it??

Check your Notification settings. You may have turned those notifications off.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

The best sale I've seen on PS+ subs in Europe was like 1%, not counting PSN's own digital.
All those years of looking across the atlantic seeing gamers complain despite $30 a year Xbox Live Gold deals happening so often, and complain about game costs despite being able to rent games :allears:

The year was €35 during E3, for their Days Of Play promotional thingy.

Sony also have Fifa bundles this year. I don't understand how. I thought EA only did bundles with XBOX?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

If you found Batman combat too easy you could always up the difficulty and it removed the counter prompts. It still feels like the best group combat style I've played: God Of War and DMC style always feel like bad guys don't care you're hitting them, and while Souls combat is good, it wouldn't be fun for fights against 12 guys at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I tend to think the health recovery mechanic is training you to get back in the fray even when you are in danger, but i guess that Health Recovery Gems and Blood Vials are at odds with that sort of design and I am definitely not one of the geniuses at From.

Ok, so for this month's PS+ games I haven't played an AC since 3 (:smith:) and I booted up this month's free AC stand alone. I was dumped into a loving stupid boat fight and then asked to go deep sea diving for treasure and realized that I was playing for 10 minutes and hadn't assassinated anybody and didn't see any assassination in sight, sighed, and closed it.

Give it more time. Your character is a pirate, not an Assassin at the start.