Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm not going to do an effort/long post about how good Bloodborne is but just my experience.

I bought Dark Souls 1 on PC a few months after it came out and didn't click for me. In 2014 I have it another try amd hooked me so bad that I spent months playing it on PC and 360. I got DS2 SOTFS (PC) and loved it too and for the first time I was hyped for a new game. Got DS3, loved and this December I went ahead and got a PS4 to play Bloodborne.

With all the previous souls games when I beat a NG cycle I took a few days break before playing again either NG+ or a new character. With Bloodborne I beat Orphan of Kos and the Gehrman/Moon presence duo, went to NG+, beat cleric beast, Gascoigne and just quit to make a new char.

Bloodborne is so good that if you like any souls game, you have to get a PS4 just for it.

Bloodborne is like you throw a Lovecraft book with Penny Dreadful and a spice of Van Helsing, mix all up and you get a big awesome thing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Playstation 4: Get the drat model you want.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is there even a debate about the pro?

If you have a PS4 already, you can wait. If you don't have a PS4, you are a fool to not spend the $100 and get the current tech. If you can't afford the $100 you shouldn't be buying a game system in the first place.

In the next year or so there will be games that run dramatically better on the pro. If you are thinking of upgrading, you can probably sell your old PS4 on CL for $200 and effectively halve the cost of upgrading.

I bought a slim instead of a pro because of a great slim pack. I also play on a 22"TV and no, I don't plan on getting a better (or bigger). Got a PS4 because of Bloodborne and the extra money between them granted me enough games for a year. Who knows if by the end of this year I'll get one but I enjoy what I got.

If someone can't afford the extra 100$ is stupid as hell to say that said user shouldn't get it at all. I don't mean to sound rude but there are plenty of new users that get a slim and don't say bad things about the pro to say this. Really nothing against you.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 7, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Amygdala's arm in Bloodborne is giving me a boner :q:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I finally got a PS4 for my birthday! (And also so dad can watch sports with VUE so it's technically his! :v:)

What sort of games should I buy to start off with (considering budget and all)?

Doom is 20$ and is a great FPS just ignore multiplayer and focus on the amazing SP campaign. Bloodborne is a great game if you ever played a souls game. The Witcher 3, Uncharted series and Diablo 3 are good options too depending on your tastes. If you like multiplayer shooters, Titanfall 2 looks like it's great from goon imput. There's a huge sale going on until the 20th so take your pick (if you like soccer PES2017 is on sale and you can patch it to have all teams and that stuff).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqHZYhO4hIA

idk how I missed this but there's a free Rez theme on PSN since November, grab it while you can

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/area-x-dynamic-theme/cid=UP0751-CUSA05868_00-REZINFINITETHEM2

Also uses my fav Rez song 😎

Just got it and looks drat nice, thanks!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Some stores in my city got a problem with it sales wise since all I see is price drops even for the steel case edition dropping to 40€.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As someone that only owned one sony console before the PS4 (a PSP fat and then the first slim). What are the chances on getting a Monster Hunter tittle for the PS4?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nioh is really looking good. I want to see what I can get from getting it retail vs digital. I own bloodborne GOTY retail because it came out with the console but I will trade it back as soon as the complete edition hits 20€ on PSN during a sale (or becomes a PSN+ game).

I said come in! posted:

Nioh is meant to be brutally hard, right? Like it's a game that most people probably won't ever finish?

It's surprising the amount of people that never finished a single dark souls game just by tracking the achievements either on steam or PSN. Sure they're hard but not bullshit hard like a lot of the 8 and 16-bit era games.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 18, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Infamous first son and second son pack for 12.99€. Looks like a good deal but I know nothing about this game aside that it is an open world with superpowers kind of thing, right?

Also God of War III remastered, that's one I'd pick since I played it a bit on PS3 and loved PSP ones.

Lots of good deals even after the huge January sale.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How BAD is Killzone Shadowfall? Last one I played was Killzone on the PS2 and was decent for these days but should I just wait until they give it for PSNow or drops to 5$?

So far I'm getting God of War III remastered but I'm eyeing Infamous pack wich looks like Saints Row IV with all the superpowers but then I liked SR3 more because superpowers were boring for me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

loving dumb as poo poo. It's worth a look if you see it for $5, but prepare to have your intelligence insulted by the end.

Thanks! I'll give it a pass until it drops that low, same with The Order 1886 :haw:

On Saints Row IV topic: Does people like it more than 3? I found that the superpowers got boring fast and Prototype does the "be a super jerk" better. Am I broken? I liked 3 more since you started a gang in a new city and things start getting ridiculous. In IV is matrix plus aliens invade and gently caress up the earth wich I don't really get. That's what is stopping me from impulse buying InFamous that and the open world looks a bit empty, is it true?

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 21, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The PSP one was great to be honest. They could just do an HD version for PS4 and I'd buy it. Killzone and Warhammer 40k Squad Command were on my top list for old PSP.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

loving hell Nioh just scratches all my action-rpg itches. It has deeper combat than dark souls, loot piñatas like diablo and a lot of stat sperging. The only thing I don't dig is some of the graphical design that look too busy (or blurry) that I'm sure I would disable if this game had a PC release to make it look more clean and sharp.

It's shaping to a day-one purchase so far.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Possibly the only aspect of Fallout 4 I thought was interesting was the controller light turning green when you have your Pipboy torch on.

Also in GTA V you get sirens. It's pretty cool.

Pity the battery life on the DS4 is so garbage.

I have a wireless bone controller on my PC using the same Eneloops that my 360 controllers and it's crazy how much more battery life it has. I consider that the bone controller still relying on old batteries is lazy (or buying a charge&play pack) but they last waaaaay longer than DS4's battery. Didn't the DS3 have a 1800mAh battery while DS4 has just 1000mAh? Cutting almost by half its capacity while adding permanent light (even dim) and voice features wasn't a smart move tbh.

I don't have issues with DS4 battery life since I play on a PC desk and I'm like 3 feet away from my PS4 so I always have a cable handy.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I still don't understand why in 2017 most console games lack proper button customization. You can rebind everything on a Fifa or PES game so I don't know what excuse the other devs have.

Coming from mostly pc gaming it is really annoying.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm sure that an idiot that doesn't know how to bind stuff will think the game is broken for any other thing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is there any reliable source to check the incoming PS Plus? It's the 30th of January and can only find blogs trying to guess the games for February.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Reliable source is Playstation itself. Everyone else is just rebroadcasting them. It may be February tomorrow but the freebies won't be out till the 7th so there's still lots of time.

This is what I liked from Xbox Live Gold. You have Majornelson telling you everything with anticipation and games are given the first day of the month.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quick question about plugging a wireless keyboard to the ps4. Can i use a normal one with its dongle or needs to be bluetooth?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So I continue on my Uncharted series playthroughs. I've been playing UC2 after beating 1 and giving a good three weeks between them to not get too exhausted. UC1 was kinda fun while clunky and had some lovely parts but UC2 is really awful.

I'm not going to put spoiler tags on a 2009 game but if someone requests it I'll edit my post.

I'm right now (76% through the campaign) in the village after the part where you jump from truck to truck before they explode and I'm not having any fun with this game at all. At least in UC1 90% of the enemies died with a single beretta headshot wich had pinpoint accuracy, that made the awful shooting bearable. UC2 introduces spread on every weapon and helmets and high armored enemies so gently caress you game. Lots times you try to roll to avoid damage but you stick to a wall in plain line of sight and get killed and the set pieces are garbage.

The worst offenders for me are the awful and slow start climbing the train, the boring museum heist, the lovely train shooting while getting shot by a helicopter, climb that poo poo again just to get into a snowy arena with tons of enemies and then the loving truck jumping. So much shooting in a game that has clunky controls and bad cover shooting. I just hope that UC3 at least has better shooting so I can make the game more enjoyable when they decide to throw you dozens of armored guys. This is coming from someone that liked Tomb Raider 2013 (didn't play Rise yet).

Sure I played Tomb Raider 2013 on PC and could aim faster but as I said, in UC1 I was doing great with a plain beretta. I'll just power through 2 and give a few weeks of rest before 3 because I'm not enjoying 2 at all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

effervescible posted:

If you're having that bad a time, maybe just decide they're not for you and put the series away? I don't mean that in a jerky way, but Uncharted 2 is generally seen as the best one (UC3 was my favorite of the first three, but that's more for characterization stuff + the ridiculously over the top set pieces) so if you dislike it this much, it might be that it just won't ever be your thing and that's okay.

Don't get me wrong. A part of me knew that the early entries wouldn't be that fun for me because they have all the negative stuff from these years when it came to cover shooters. UC2 has some good puzzles and voice acting is good (Nolan North is amazing). UC2 looks good for a 2009 PS3 game. I think I'll just slap easy instead of normal and breeze through the old ones until I beat UC3.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I respect that you did not claim the enemies in Uncharted are bullet sponges and instead accurately described the gameplay involved. The shooting in 4 is the best in the series if that is worth anything

I beat it last night finally. And yes, I don't think that they're bullet sponges because with decent aim they drop fast. The issue are the enemies with TWO helmets and the amount of shooting without proper shooting mechanics. Is funny that I kind of liked the last part of the game (Shambhala).

I beat all four Gears of War wich are the slowest cover shooters you can find and some enemies are huge bullet sponges but at least the shooting part is decent (not the whole walking every 5 minutes for a cutscene or dialogue).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

Anyone here have a Pro and have issue charging controllers? I have a Pro and a new controller and it's only charging up to 2 out of 3 bars and tends to decahrge pretty quickly.

I charge my controllers with a wall charger (a 1.3mAh one from a Lumia phone) and I notice that they last longer than with a full charge from my slim (also way faster too).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

EDF 4.1 is going for 9.99€. I never played an EDF game but they look fun with all the bug killing and over the top presentation (like a parody of Starship Troopers). How hard is it? I'd love to try it but I want some goon opinions. It also has loads of DLCs, anything essential or should I wait to pick a pack instead of just the base game?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MZ posted:

Durability needs to go away, Bloodborne was right to get rid of it and I hope a lot of other games follow. It's never added anything interesting or fun to games, it's just annoying!

Bloodborne has durability. Some weapons like the Tonitrus have really low durability if you use its special attacks.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Not having equip load in Bloodborne is the best decision FROM made ever. Blood fashion all the way without paying the stat tax.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Liver Disaster posted:

Yeah I have a 360 sitting on top of my ps2 because if it was the other way around the 360 would overheat and die.

My first 360 (a 1st gen green Halo edition) worked flawlessly until I decided to put it horizontal and play Modern Warfare 2 with goons a lot during a weekend. It died really fast. I was lucky to get some money back since we have a 2 year warranty in EU so i got an arcade and always used it vertical because I was afraid of loving it up again. It's well and alive since 2010.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I said I wouldn't buy another game until I finish the backlog (currently Yakuza 0 and Tomb Raider Rise) but all this nioh talk is making me thirsty 👀

I know I'm getting Nioh, but I want to beat God of War III remaster, then Uncharted 3, then Doom, then UC4 before impulse buying Nioh. I don't want to end with a backlog as huge as my Steam's where I have close to 600 games still to play...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

What are goon favourite indie games (or games that only can be purchased digitally)? Stuff that is under 20$ outside sales. FPS, sports, racing and RPG (action and western RPGs, I don't like JRPGs).

For example, I added to my wishlist Duke3D: 20th Anniversary because I own Duke Nukem 3D on every platform I can but I'll wait for a sale and I plan on getting The binding of Isaac rebirth on a sale too. Resogun looks awesome too.

Any more recommendations to add to my wishlist?

Edit: Forgot to mention that I own Rocket League on PC but if it ever gets heavily discounted on PS4 I'll pick it again.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 12, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kin posted:

I know the feeling. I've managed to get through a bunch of games on the PS4 since i got it before Xmas but have the following yet to play/finish (thanks sale):

I've beat Bloodborne twice (just NG and a bunch of chalices on two characters) and Uncharted 1 and 2. I'm right now beating Doom (beat it twice on PC already), Dark Souls 2 SOTFS, God of War 3 remaster, Destiny and playing some matches of PES 2017. I stopped playing on my PC completely. I'm looking forward to play this year Nioh, The Last of Us remastered (when it gets a heavy discount), Dirt Rally and The Witcher 3 GOTY when I clear my backlog a bit.

I'm waiting for that new God of War, Nier Automata and maybe Mass Effect Andromeda but for that I need to finish ME2 and 3 on PC so it's pretty low on the list. 2017 is gonna kill me...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It is still manageable on PS4. I gave up on PC because of the thousand of steam games and hundreds of GOG ones. I have enough games to play for a decade at least :shepface:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

Protip for managing your backlog, stop buying games you are never going to play even if they go on sale for $3 dollars or whatever.

No way. The amount of packs I've bought in Steam where I'm only interested in one game out of 10 but was cheaper that way...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Call me crazy but I kind of liked Hitman (the first one with Timothy Olyphant, the 2nd one is just garbage). Sure it drifts from the game and people wanted Jason Statham because he's bald already but the film was a good action movie in my opinion. Doom was dumb fun with The Rock, I hated at first that he wasn't Doomguy but I have a soft spot for Carl Urban and his Dredd was loving amazing.

I also liked the first RE and Silent Hill movies. Mortal Kombat owned and I treated Street Fighter like an action comedy (wich really was).

Anyone else watched... POSTAL? Because I watched it back in the day without looking at the tittle and only noticed that it was a Postal movie when Crotchy showed and then oh my... I hate Uwe Boll but points for getting killed in his own movie.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I like Statham in action movies but he is everything but subtle. He is more about punching 5 guys in the face while showing his torso.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll get For Honor later this year. I liked it but I'm not paying 60€ for it when I still have to buy Nioh, Yakuza 0 and some others. I'm sure GAME will have it on sale in a few months for like 30.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've never played a Yakuza game. I've never seen gameplay of a Yakuza game before 0. Is it normal that I want to buy it just because of its silly humor and beat everything down?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lots of good flash sales but nothing in EU store. loving hell, I want BB digital so I don't need the bluray at all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I wish I could just buy from the US store without needing another account.

About this, If I make an US account with the same email and details, will it just download stuff on my EU activated PS4? Because we don't get as good sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

You'll have to use a different e-mail address but you can set your PS4 as the primary on the US account too and it'll just download games as normal on to it. You can even play them on your EU account then if you want.

So I can just log in with my EU account and user and will play just fine, right? Like just powering my PS4 and they're ready. I'm sorry If I sound like a complete newbie because I am since on PC you can buy region-free keys or US keys and work fine on steam most of the time.