Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I played a bit on PS4 with a friend with full simulation settings over voice being total tryhards and is great fun too (don't do this solo or with bots). Took us an hour to take a Skell outpost between fighting, hiding to not get blasted, crawling because of a leg injury but was super rewarding as enemies drop as fast as us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So, after a false start I decided to play Sekiro again but I'm missing something or need some kind of tips.

I get the controls, I get the parry system and posture but unlike the previous FROM games, I... don't like it? right now I don't like how the movement feels or the combat and I'm still at the starting zone (got the 2nd seed for the gourd).

I've been dicking for two hours and whenver I play more than 20-30 mins I just want to switch to another game and I'm tempted to play any other soulsborne instead, hell, I got Nioh 2 on christmas and it has the FROM feel of the gameplay with the japanese theme but I'm bouncing hard off Sekiro :(

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jan 9, 2022

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It's me for sure but feel the movement is too floaty compared to the previous games and I don't like the gameplay changes. I know that I should leave my soulsborne muscle memory but that is going to be hard.

Edit: I read on beforeiplay this 'Some controller users prefer moving the "Use Item" to the face buttons and "Switch Prosthetic Tool" to the d-pad to make item use in combat easier.' gonna try this too.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jan 9, 2022

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I hope it ends clicking because right now is at the back of the FROM bus and I've played the clunky rear end Armored Core 4.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

it's important to hesitate less

Edit: Update

Hirata Estate: Found an axe and a gun for my augmented arm... I didn't ask for this :v: I killed two shield dudes with the good old baiting and faced a spear miniboss that I ran away from when I noticed that I had enough points to spend on mikiri counter. I fit the new stuff on my arm and now I can shield break (literally). I guess this is more of a combat puzzle game than I thought.

Coin purses are important, right? to keep from losing money.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 9, 2022

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yeah, buy purses with money. Also try to locate the fireworks augment, and remember to not press any directions when trying to mikiri, just from a neutral position. It's basically just a forward dodge.

Also, a lot more people can answer questions about Sekiro in the PS5 thread or the Sekiro thread if you get stuck.

Yeah will ask at least on the Sekiro thread, thanks!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

But also you can comfortably beat it [Yakuza 0]in 25 hours!

I spent that much playing SEGA arcade games ingame because yo dawg...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hahahahahahaha

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Weird 2021 for me (lots of studying and working) but hey FIFA 14 being there as a PS5 game is kinda hilarious.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

The original one still looks incredible to this day on a base PS4. It’ll be jaw dropping on all platforms I’m sure. Sony doesn’t usually gently caress around and just let their last gen stuff perform like crap. Plus Guerilla and Naughty Dog are staffed by wizards.

I wouldn't mind a remaster of the first three Killzone games (the first one has to be total remake), 2 needing lots of fixing and 3 a coat of paint. But I guess I can endure playing KZ2 on PS3 with the input lag and 3 normally.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

D34THROW posted:

What's the root cause of controller drift? My right stick and left stick seem to drift from time to time; does that dead zone get set when the controller initially connects? Turning it off and on doesn't seem to fix it, it's mostly right stick drift noticed mostly in Minecraft and Saints Row IV.

For whatever reason, the hard-reset button on the back isn't working, nor is the PS+share or PS+options or whatever it is. I just don't want to have to reposition the camera every 3 seconds while driving so that I can see where the gently caress I'm going, y'know?

If it's the common stick drift (as in leaving the stick untouched and still getting imputs, bad deadzones) the only fix is to replace the stick entirely, they're super cheap to purchase and relatively easy to replace.

If the problem is just weird imputs from time to time, cleaning the contacts inside the stick (above and this one require opening the gamepad) with alcohol works a charm.

I fixed the 2nd (weird imputs) by replacing a small white coil inside the stick, not the whole thing and has been working perfectly for more than a year:

My DS4's left stick freaked out when doing certain movements like doing semi-circles or going from left to right slowly, making the cursor or whatever go up fast for a moment, after replacing that small coil everything was perfect.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 25, 2022

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yeah, I'll keep posting here until it's closed/merged.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

My controller keeps freaking out and saying that the headset is disconnected. All I have plugged into it is a USB to the PS4 slim to charge it, has anyone else had this problem before?

Did you try a different cable?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Just tried out Deep Rock Galactic (was free with PS+ a few months ago, IIRC) with a friend, pretty good stuff. I was worried the dwarf stuff would veer into cringe territory but it's not too bad.

You can plug a mouse and keyboard and play it like on PC if you want. Fun game.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Oh whaaaat? Nice! That will definitely help.

I remember assuming Diablo 2 Resurrected would allow KB+M and being very unimpressed when I found out it didn't.

Quake 1 console ports support mouse and keyboard too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Might be worth a try and contact support and at least ask if it's fixable. Depending on where you live, getting another PS4 might be expensive enough to justify paying for a possible repair or even get a PS5 if you can.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

anime tiddies anime tiddies anime tiddies

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Bad frame rate builds character, I played MGSV at 20fps on PS3

I played Quake 1 shareware on a 486DX2 66Mhz. I really want to play CP2077 but I know I should open my sealed copy on a PS5 to enjoy the game properly.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

If anyone likes shootin natsees the season pass of Siper Elite 4 is on sale for 90% off. It’s a lot of content for $3.50

Nice, I've been waiting a sale on that for a while. Thanks!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

univbee posted:

Really frustrating when you consider that the super-slim PS2 eventually dropped to $99 and stayed there for a few years.

I hate that I didn't get one of these back in the days. You could get a PS2+2 gamepads and a bunch of games for less than 160€ in here right before the PS3 launch.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I'd still occasionally use my Pro if the thing wasn't so loving loud. Taking off the cover and dusting eventually stopped helping.

Some people went with a full CPU fan replacement with a custom one and seems to be the best fix for the PRO. I'm glad at this point that I picked a slim. Less power but drat quiet and makes the jump to a PS5 easier too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

I’m still waiting for a 4TB 7mm SSD to drop down to $200 so I can justify using it internally on my slim

Edit: ooh, looks like they’re coming close, $270-300

Edit: hmm, a $200 one from a brand I’ve never heard of https://www.amazon.com/LEVEN-JS600-Internal-Solid-State/dp/B08DTR8RGR/

I've been using a 1Tb SSD (Samsung Evo) since 2020 and it's been the best thing I did for my slim.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I got two sets of back buttons (for my 2 Dualshock4 I have working rn) and they're amazing and worth the money. Easy to set up and they don't break if taking them apart. The only downside I've experienced is that they will slowly drain the battery of the gamepad when they're off and stored. Like I had a gamepad for two weeks without it and still at full charge but if I leave the back button plugged it'll drain a fully charged gamepad in the same period. Not an issue if you use them often.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

univbee posted:

SCUF has a patent on controllers with integrated paddles. They're even suing Valve for it because of the Steam controller.

What about back buttons and not paddles? Like, Microsoft has the Elite Controller with paddles but there are loads of third party controllers manufacturers like Hori, Thrustmaster, PDP, Razer, Nacon and more that use integrated back buttons.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Weirdly enough you can use a DualSense with a PS3

The PS3 can use a lot of Ximput controllers by default (think about most 3rd party ones) but it won't turn on/off the console. Same goes with the DS4. There's something I read for PS3 with CFW that they're trying to allow DS4 and DS5 features on PS3 which is wild.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

dinput, not xinput

Also some games don't want to play nice about it and you can't open the in-game XMB to quit (cfw might fix this?)

but for split screen stuff it generally works out well

My bad dimput (Ximput started with the 360 pads iirc?). And yes, there's some CFW workaround for the annoying XMB thing but on with the DS4 usually works, at least wired (???) but sometimes doesn't wireless (????)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah I’m not actually concerned about performance, it’s just that they don’t make spinny hdd’s larger than 2tb

They do, the problem is that a 4Tb spinny drive won't fit into the PS4 internal slot. My solution years ago was a 1Tb SSD and then a 4Tb external USB 3.0 drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Oh yeah I meant to say no 4TB 17mm hdds

Yeahhhhh hmmmm

What Ineffiable said is a good solution. Grab a 1Tb or 2Tb SSD for your PS4, keep the heavier games there and then use an USB external that you can use on your PS5 and PS4 in case some day you want to use both consoles.

I have my PS5 at home and the PS4 at my missus' and what I do is to have different games installed on the PS4 (1Tb SSD), some fighting games and beat shorter games while the PS5 does the heavy duty gaming.