Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Uh hey thread, I kind of wanted to get into some retro gaming on the PS3, but I can’t connect my Bluetooth earbuds because the default passwords (0000/1234) I’ve found don’t work. Is there a cheapish solution anyone knows of like a recommended PS3 headset or even somewhere more relevant to ask? Sorry for being kind of off topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for some sort of grip extensions for a PS4 controller? I have big man hands and after Steam Deck gaming for so long I’d like an option to use my controller but without terrible cramping.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Paying2Lurk posted:

I don't know about grip extenders, but as a fellow big hand haver I've been using those KontrolFreek stick extenders plus a back button attachment. Those things combined make the DS4 bulky enough to be more comfortable.

My other rec would be a HORI FPS+ controller. It's bigger and laid out like an XBox pad. The downside is it's wired and has no rumble or motion sensor, and no back buttons either. They were only released in Japan, but I haven't had trouble getting one on Amazon. They used to run $40 but I think they're more expensive now.

This bad boy right here This is the red one. There's blue and black as well for a few bucks difference either way.

Man, that HORI controller looks great but I need something wireless (afaik) for my Deck. Still might pick one up though, that’d be great for replaying actual PS3/4 games. What are the back extensions you’re using? I already found those stick things, thanks for the recommendation.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Paying2Lurk posted:

It's the official Sony back button attachment. Just search for that and it will pop up. They were clearing them out for like $15 before the PS5 came out, but I think they're back up to $30 now. You plug it into the headphone jack of the DS4 and it adds back buttons / paddles to the controller. They're awesome, and it's hard to go back to a controller without them after you use them. I set them to L3 and R3 as default and it's so much better than clicking in the sticks.

Thanks!