Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Think I'm gonna impulse buy a 2nd hand PSVR how dumb of an idea is that

I already have Rez :catdrugs: and bought Battlrfront like an idiot

Speaking of Rez, that must be the easiest game to release DLC for. I doubt they will but I really hope they do

I got a refurbished one off Amazon for Christmas and I love the thing. It's really cool, and it's fun to bring to a party or a family gathering or something (I brought mine to my family's for Christmas). There's not a lot out for it right now, but the stuff that is good is good (Thumper), and being able to watch Netflix and poo poo like you're watching a 110 inch TV while you lay down is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Thumper is not only great but also sick as gently caress in VR

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

If I ever get a vita for cheap I will have literally over a hundred games to try for it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I'd say after completing it last evening that it's probably the most photo-realistic game I've ever played, I definitely didn't expect those kind of visuals from a playstation. (PS Pro + 4K TV) I'm not a big fan of the series but this episode really pushed the envelope.To me what sells it is that they really mastered the lighting to make everything look perfect, I have a bunch of screenshots from that game that could easily pass for actual pictures. (especially in scenes where there is no AI to handle, like the epilogue)

I'm feeling like a kid again, imagining how they will apply that extra power and expertise to a series I actually care about, like TLOU2. I'd recommend you get the remastered edition of TLOU if you haven't, especially if you never played the original. It's often on sale for about 15 bucks and well worth the price as it includes all the DLC and has received a Pro patch to handle 4K and HDR.

Yeah, I took a screenshot in the garden at night when you're Young Drake and posted it on Twitter and my friend asked me later "where did you take that picture, it was really pretty?" I told him it was from Uncharted and just said "THAT WAS FROM A GAME?!"

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

The Milkman posted:

I just traded in some old junk game for $1.03 + the additional $50 off. I was probably going to trade in the original later on but if they're not taking it i got a big batch of stuff to unload on SA-mart/Ebay anyway

The launch day Battlefield 1 bundle is an option for trade in, that's what I used to get it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Ignoring all the internet furor, as someone who backed and downloaded Mighty Number 9, do not waste your time or harddrive space downloading it. It's boring, the characters are trash, and it's just not fun to play.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would take a bad game if it were free.

I'm not saying don't add it to your library or whatever, I'm just saying don't play it because it's not fun. Doesn't matter that it's free.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I posted in the video game deals thread but GameStop is doing a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal on used items including consoles, so if any of you know three people who want to upgrade/buy a Pro you can each get it for $249.69 (plus shipping/tax).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

Silly question, where is the video game deals thread? I can't find it. And thanks for the deals!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2408877&pagenumber=1405#lastpost