Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I never played them on ps1 but didn't like the crash level they had in uncharted 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mario is my favorite psp game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what is your favorite console and why is it the gizmondo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Where does the Uncharted Vita version fit into this mess of things

the trash

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the second game wasn't by taro yoko; the third was. that's why it was so generic compared to the rest of the drakengard games/nier

there's a let's play of 3 in the archives that you can skim a bit if you're curious

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they're good games but they're not perfect. no game is; no, not even that one. I don't think saying "this game is good and I hope next time it's better" is being a big baby

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've never liked anything in my life and I'm a better person for it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Then again with Nintendo owning Sega...

what

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Doesn't Nintendo own Sega or some poo poo?

no, sega's their own thing still. you might be thinking of when sega acquired atlus or something?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

president trump will save the xbox

better sell your ps4 now before it's too late

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not having the random stupid thing at the end was a plus imo

they barely even tried with it in 3

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I like random stupid thing. 3's was pretty bad though.

I will grant you that the one in 2 was ok because it was like indiana jones guest starring in an episode of scooby doo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sr4 is great but it's also using the exact same city from the last game with no alterations. they're both good but it's pretty obvious 4 started its life as an expansion for 3

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

the sneaking missions

this game dropped a lot of spaces on my to play list just now

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FadedReality posted:

I've been trying to play God eater resurrection in between FF XV and I dunno if FF is spoiling me or what but holy poo poo does God eater feel cheap and boring.

isn't god eater resurrection a remake of a years old vita monster hunter clone? adjust your expectations

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tengu's optional, so feel free to go try something else if you're getting frustrated. the boss is close to there as well

remember that you can summon help (tho I've never tried so idk how it works exactly)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can't remember ever getting in a vehicle in sr4 unless I was forced to for a mission

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ymmv but ogress seems incapable of hitting you with anything but the leap if you're touching her

you can just poke her in the nose and dodge away from the slam with complete impunity

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think water talismans work on her as well btw

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe this is just beyond my reflexes and hand-eye coordination, I have seen him do his sheathed attack 100 times at this point and I still can only avoid it like 1 time out of 10, and if he lands it once i'm basically dead.

For people who have beaten Bloodborne, is Nioh comparable in difficulty or harder or easier? I mean, I beat Bloodborne

it's hard to say how the games compare in difficulty for me because I'm so used to souls games at this point that small changes gently caress with me bigger than they would most people. like I thought bloodborne felt harder than the other games at first just because it played differently and I got punished for doing things that would work in dark souls, for example. same deal with nioh where it's similar but different enough that you can outplay yourself by trying to do something that would work in the other games

that being said, imo the optional boss is harder than his equivalent hunter enemies in bloodborne. ogress isn't very hard but the mechanics tripped me up a few times (first time I fought her I had her at a sliver of health when she did the flower thing and I didn't notice so I ran out of stamina and died). I died to her more than I have, say, cleric beast or amelia, but I'd say that mechanically she's probably a much easier boss since you can just hug her and become invincible

e: I think nioh's deeper combat mechanics makes it a lot easier to trip over yourself before you figure things out than it is in bloobdorne

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 23, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ds2 was incrementally punishing you for loving up. it was in ds3 where you got bonus health (embering gave you extra health on top of you max rather than just giving you your full health bar like ds2 or demon's souls). you didn't lose soapstone messages or w/e for being dead in any of them tho

ds1 had nothing of the sort and your health bar was the same no matter what

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they're both good and anyone getting a ps4 should at least look into them

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, it's in the controller menu on the system itself. You can set the light to dim

just for clarification's sake, you can hold the home button on your controller to bring up the quick menu and go to sound/devices for the controller options

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

one game being more accessible doesn't make it better, but either way you should look into both if you have a ps4 because they're good games. maybe they won't be for you but watching a video or reading some reviews wouldn't hurt anything

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

those parts were good imo and gave the characters time to interact

what they took from tlou made uncharted a better game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

No i just mean the people who can't get through the first half hour to get to the amazing parts are dumb

last I checked, only about half of the people on steam that've played dark souls 2 have beaten the first boss; 1/5 of the people that have started the game quit before getting the achievement for dying

most people don't finish the games they buy and a lot of them don't even get that far. they especially don't finish games if they don't hook them early. I'm sure persona 4 dropped a bunch of people from the hours long intro as well

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

both knack and dark souls have the letters a and k in them

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not when your grasp of proper grammar is as tenuous as my own

all k's are created equally in my eyes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Both are better than Fire Emblem.

that's hosed up

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's unfortunate for knack

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Perfect Element posted:

Soo is mgs online any good at all? The games spamming me with all these updates every time I switch it on, and to be honest even if it just gives me extra resources in the main game it might be worth my while..

it was really weirdly balanced from what I remember but kinda cool nonetheless; I liked it for the most part. I don't remember it giving you anything for the sp tho and I haven't played it since mgs5 was released, so idk if it's better or worse now (or if anyone's playing anymore for that matter)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's a competitive multiplayer shooter with some stealth game modes like you'd expect. you aren't assaulting fobs or w/e; it's just a mix of normal game types in any shooter (tdm, conquest/domination) and some stealth oriented stuff that's unique (like the mode that starts one team with permanent invisibility and non lethal weapons and has them trying to steal intel from the other team that gets lethal weapons. if one guy on the attacking team gets shot, everyone loses cammo for a bit until you all get out of sight for a while)

there aren't battle cats but you do get little d-dog plushies that will stun players on the other team if they see them, kinda like the magazines in previous games. it has all of the normal metal gear items you'd expect, such as the cardboard box

e: also you can totally fulton people and it counts as a kill. I think you get extra points for it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Pretty interesting that GR2 and RE7 are both getting free DLCs. Then some of these MP games like Titanfall and UC4 are doing a bunch of free stuff as well. Really it's kind of smart way to get people to hold onto games. Especially after last gen where publishers were feeling almost hostile to customers with online passes and cutting parts of games out for people who bought used copies. I definetly feel more inclined to hold onto games these days than I used to.

everything they're adding in overwatch is free as well (tho you can buy lotto tickets loot crates if you want), which is nice

cod and bf1 asking for basically double the price of the game is hosed up

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

helldivers was already a plus game tho, wasn't it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't understand the problem with this or why it's lazy

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I never expected the plot or acting of horizon to be good and that never affected how interested I was in it. if it's a cool robot dinosaur hunting game then I'll have gotten what I wanted out of it. if not, oh well but the dialogue is incidental to that

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zenintrude posted:

Perfect for 6 year olds :v:

there are plenty of kid friendly couch coop games (lovers in a dangerous space time, rayman, the lego games, etc) but that guy specified shooters so :shrug:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ea made the first game free for a bit. I remember because I missed the cutoff for that deal by like 10 minutes and was mad at myself

second game might be better and have more players tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

89 posted:

Why is a PS3 re-release, Yakuza 0 full price at $59.99?

it was never released here on ps3 so who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

persona 5 should be free for me, specifically, and they should send me a copy early