Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

spudsbuckley posted:

Nearly bought a Pro and a 55" 4K TV today to replace my lovely old 40" 1080p Samsung and launch PS4.

Reserved them for store collection and then measured the trunk/back seat of my car and realised the 55" TV wouldn't actually fit in there.

Lol, i'm dumb.

You just need a bigger car. Pro -> 4K tv -> SUV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Grouchio posted:

I finally got a PS4 for my birthday! (And also so dad can watch sports with VUE so it's technically his! :v:)

What sort of games should I buy to start off with (considering budget and all)?

If it's not pro you can start by throwing it in the trash.

Just kidding! Bloodborne is a solid first choice in my opinion, if you're an RPG fan people here love Witcher 3. If you like fpses Titanfall 2 is a great single and multiplayer choice and you can snag it for around 30 or 40 bucks in a lot of places.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
I bit the bullet and traded up for a pro. Gamestop has a deal going on for 175 bucks in-store credit towards a pro of you trade in your og ps4. I ended up trading in a few games and paying less than 200 out of pocket.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Any word on when a firmware update is coming to fix the hdcp 2.2 compatibility for the pro? I've got it running at 1.4 which is fine for games in 4k and hdr, but apps like Netflix are borked

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
TPP has been my go to time killer since release over a year ago. Man I really wish Fox Engine was made available for other developers, it's basically a Deal With The Devil powered engine on steroids. The game runs so smooth at 60 fps and looks fantastic.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The new DS4s actually transmit data via USB when plugged in. Plus aftermarket wired controllers

Just got a Pro and in my more twitchy games like Rocket League and Titanfall I think (I may have convinced myself) that I can see an improvement in input lag. Things feel a lot more responsive, especially in a MP game like Rocket League where I assume calculations are done serverside (probably wrong), making a higher ping feel like you are driving and turning in molasses. Even a small improvement in input latency makes the game more enjoyable and snappy.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

What do you mean "you people"?

Weebs

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Caphi posted:

I loved the hell out of Gravity Rush but it was clearly a small game I was happy paying $20 for. The new one is full price but it sounds like a full game, does that seem accurate?
I hear that you can expect at least 15 or 20 hours.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

SLOSifl posted:

How late does the Nioh demo run tonight?

I thinks it's midnight local wherever you are.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Blocking doesn't damage you and is quicker than dodging if you get stunlocked, so if you can take the ki damage and have enough left over for a combo it's usually worth it to block so you'll be in position.

Oops thought I was in the Nioh thread. Point still stands, blocking is great! Also if you get the perfect block skill and get good at it you can instant ki drain most human opponents and set them up for a grapple.

knobgobblin fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 23, 2017

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

revolther posted:

Honestly this is probably the future of gaming.

Americans feeling less stimulated than they ideally want to be, so they purchase a piece of Japanese software that allows Korean dudes to assist you in winning the game through Micro-transactions. It's like paying someone to point out what's referenced, clever, or interesting, about a movie or art exhibit.

Like, it's scary, that probably is the future.

Sir, this is a Bojangled drive-thru.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
You really should. Responsive, brutal combat with a high skill ceiling, Diablo loot, and two types of coop, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Break is how much ki damage you do when your attacks are blocked. A high break weapon with +break will slice through blocks like butter. Not sure if that was what you were looking for, though.