Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh, PS3 controllers need a data connection with the PS3 to charge (or some other kind of approved charging cradle). Somehow I never knew that.

Playstation 4: Let's talk about the Playstation 3

I think just a data connection period, not necessarily 'approved', if that makes sense? I charge my PS3 controller off my xbone typically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Knightmare posted:

That's mostly it from what I remember, but it also can get interesting the further you go as supplies dwindle and you have to make some tough choices.

fake edit: for co-op, Overcooked is a good one and Jackbox is good if you have multiple people over

Overcooked is loving great BTW. My girlfriend and I played for like 2 hours last night and we both enjoyed it immensely. Last game we had that much fun playing together was Until Dawn

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Minidust posted:

Alright cool thanks! I've seen a lot of posts warning first-time players to do the expansion content before NG+, so that's good to know.

Lol yeah it's good advice going into the dlc for the first time at level 120 ng+++ or whatever was loving brutal

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

The Walrus posted:

Can anyone confirm that the platinum headset doesn't work wirelessly on PC? articles i'm seeing say 'because it uses a dongle for wireless it won't work on PC' but the gold headset did too and it worked fine.

I thought the digital foundry review said it DID work wirelessly on PC with the dongle but you may want to check out that review

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

thebardyspoon posted:

I hope you get, like, Time Cop or something.

Wow... hosed up :prepop:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Is this the thread where I post about how good dark souls games are?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

ImpAtom posted:

No, that's literally every other thread on the internet including ones not about Dark Souls in any way. This is where you talk about Knack.

Can someone clarify how Knack resembles dark souls? Really pitch it to me? :grin:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hey guys what's better Dark Souls or Bloodborne? Are either of them good games?

Is Uncharted 4 good? I've heard varying opinions

Should I really get a pro if I don't have a 4k TV? I mean I saw a slim bundle for $260 probably just get that...don't care for Uncharted 4 tho...should I just get a pro? Is it worth the extra money?

For real, I can talk your ear(s) off about Dark Souls and bloodborne and they are all good, but if you're getting a ps4 id say get Bloodborne first since it's exclusive. I've bought a base ps4, a slim, and a pro all pretty much to play Bloodborne so I am extremely bias. I feel that the pro is worth the extra, but it's a personal thing. What games do you want to play?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Bombadilillo posted:

Just so you know, you can back it all up to an external and then load it back on. Interested to see any load time hits with an external.

At least with my bone, load times are significantly faster. Does anyone know how fast the default ps4 pro hdd is?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

univbee posted:

The stock drive is 5400 RPM. In all likelihood, speeds will be identical or too close to make a difference, for equivalent drives, so if you get an external SSD it'll be the same speed as an SSD installed internally. The Xbox One has some sort of bandwidth issue on its internal interface which the PS4 doesn't have, so externals run better on that.

What about a 7200rpm external? I guess digital foundry will put out an excruciatingly detailed video about it soon lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Yep, here's Bloodborne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deb-EaLTgzA

Pro first, Amateur second.

:discourse:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Yodzilla posted:

Nioh is pretty much the best so far.

Hell yeah! I took yesterday off to play it and the tiny day one patch meant even more play time :discourse:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
For some reason I have a hankering to play the Xbox 360 FPS shadowrun game... Don't know why

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Neo Rasa posted:

I remember Microsoft almost went out of their way to kill Shadowrun by moving its release date to like three months before Halo 3 came out and then deciding to give them zero budget for any DLC or extra maps or anything to make up for what wasn't completed for the game. The tree of life/resurrection stuff was awesome and I liked gliding around too.

I THINK that the elf had like a teleport or phase shift or something... Man I gotta find a copy lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Ularg posted:

Anyone here play Let it Die and like to talk about it? Seems like the thread is more or less dead except for a poster or two that reply. I understand the shortcomings of the game but I'm still having a lot of fun with it at the moment.

Also, $48 for a new physical copy of Nioh off Amazon? Yes please! If it wasn't the souls like combat that drew me in, it was being Japanese as hell minus the creepy fan service. Though I do have a slight fear that Nioh might turn out like another Lords of the Fallen (which I don't really know what happened to that game, people seemed excited for a new souls-like to play) but I've been hearing nothing but good things about it.

Also, for anyone who had any bets, I haven't touched Destiny since the beginning of December. It's nearly impossible to get invested in it again with Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Let it Die and playing through a ton of my backlog right now like a higher difficulty run of Last of Us, Uncharted, and soon Metro Collection.

I wish Uncharted 4 would go down in price, I really want it, just not $60 want.

Nioh is roughly 14,000 times better then Lords of the Fallen I'm breaking out in hives now

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought it did? Objects and bodies were the source of the DS2 60fps durability bug at least.

It did and does. Breaking the Santiers Spear in DS2 by attacking walls is a time honored tradition

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Snak posted:

There's an even better item that lets you out without losing anything, I think.

But really? why do you care about ammo so much? Yeah it's a bit annoying to not have any, but hardly a big deal. I guess I only use it to shoot snipers before they can harass me.

"Shoot the Yokai in the eye or horn" is a drat good strat so far

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Snak posted:

Yeah, but you can also just hit them. Or you can throw a rock at them. You can break yokai horns with rocks.

True. I guess I've gotten pretty good at nailing the horn or eye at distance, then closing for the "kill". Plus you can interrupt that cool chimera boss from anywhere in the arena

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Should I buy Yakuza 0 business man's edition? 🤔

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jimbot posted:

That was mainly a preorder bonus. I will admit the business card carrier and the Majima and Kiryu business cards are rather neat.

Ahh Yeah it's the same price at the best buy near me and I have some gift cards to burn :) thanks!

As an aside I found a new in box sealed copy of Yakuza 2 for ps2 in my basement that I forgot I had lol

Captain Yossarian fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 28, 2017

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I only play games where both men and women are clad in full suits of armor to avoid sexiness. Full havels in all dark souls games even

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

RBA Starblade posted:

The black iron armor is a little risque but that's just how the tark fatrolls.
Lol I really liked this thank you :)

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Someone buy my copy of yakuza 2 :grin:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pablo Gigante posted:

They actually just reprinted Yakuza 1-4 so it's not extremely rare anymore

Lol god dammit

Captain Yossarian