Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

FireMrshlBill posted:

I haven't even touched First Light since SS turned me off from the series. It wasn't challenging, moreso poorly designed and wonky. They went with the cheap "multiply the enemies and increase their power" to up dofficulty rather than creating different and unique challenges. It was a game I begrudgingly finished even though I was tired of playing about midway through. I dunno, I put it in the category of the later AC or Batman Arkham games, repetitive gameplay and low skill mini quests to waste time on. It seems they can do 2 or 3 decent games before dropping the ball and I feel like I'm wasting time without quality storyline and/or gameplay as a reward.

Wow, rant over. I didn't even know how much that game made me mad until Insaw your comment. I just scroll by First Light in my library every couple months and say "na".

Shame, First Light is maybe the best inFamous game and definitely what Second Son should have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
drat, I'm down for that. Want to play Nier but money is tight. Paying a few bucks to mail it to someone else shouldn't be an issue.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Kind of upset SoC is a remake and not a drat sequel.

what would the narrative point of a sequel be?

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
The only time I felt like choice was important in a video game is when you confront The Special Someone in GTAIV. It's the real ending of the game in a way.