Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

obi_ant posted:

What is up with the Nier games? Apparently one of them is sort of like a hybrid re-make prequel? The other is just the second game?

The first Nier was originally released in two forms, Replicant and Gestalt. Replicant featured a "brother" protagonist, and Gestalt a "father" protagonist. Only Gestalt had a Western release, but the recent remaster is of Replicant. That remaster also has some minor new content, including an additional ending.

NieR: Automata is the second game, but it takes place millennia in the future with fairly minimal direct ties to the first game and is telling a different stories. Going into the nature of those ties would kind of spoil both games, so I won't. They're both extremely good with excellent stories and music, you should play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's a free trial for PC or PlayStation, but you can't sign up right now because the servers are on fire. You can play on either PC or PS and your account will work across both, though (but you have to buy the game for both as well)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, Cutter was so cool. He shoulda been in LL.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Hitman 2016(?) reboot at launch had maybe the worst load times I’d seen on PS4

This is why I'm glad I bought 3 on PS5 even though I had to restart my progress. Super quick loads.