Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

As someone who loved SSX3 and really liked the new SSX (2012?) and other entries in the series, is STEEP any good?

E: thanks beanpole, that was a good review. Bums me out, cause it has good bones but looks like it needed a few more months in the oven to iron out some of its annoyances.

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

KrayG posted:

I mean i love the nes and snes but could i couldn't name 12 games between the consoles that id be yearning to play again.

Okay, this is a really dumb derail, particularly in this thread, but just off the top of my head:

NES

Super Mario Bros 1-3
Metroid
Excitebike
Legend of Zelda 1
Chrysalis
MegaMan 2-3

SNES

Super Metroid
Super Mario World 1-2
MegaMan X 1-3
Legend of Zelda: LTTP & L'sA
Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Mana
UN Squadron
Sunset Riders

Don't even get me started on the Sega Genesis.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Look forward to the Switch Micro

That's the third iteration. The Switch SP comes before it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Yes Miyazaki said they're working on another "dark action rpg" in addition to an armored core reboot and some completely new IP

YES.jpg

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We're getting a new Virtual On game!

Oh hell yeah!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It's a visual novel.

Oh God damnit.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I think there are several non-repeat missions in chapter 2 that you have to complete, but you can safely skip the extreme and subsistence missions.

For a bit of fun, fly the helicopter into the first subsistence mission (the radio towers one) and use the helicopter's machine gun to complete the mission without ever deboarding. Guaranteed S-rank.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Maybe just let it go?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

But if they were going for a disempowered to empowered curve with the game, they forgot that games still have to be fun and engaging while you are disempowered.

I thought the first Dishonored did a good job of this, both at the start of the game and the obligatory *your powers have been zapped for story reasons* section. You still felt like a total badass ninja bodyguard/assassin.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Not really

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Tei posted:

Phantom Pain is a masterpiece. IMHO.

Well, it's the first act of a masterpiece, anyways.

E: VVVV fair point, MGSV gameplay is on point, as is Ground Zeroes.

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 20, 2017

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Wasn't that plot issue already wrapped up in MGS4's very very end cinematic?

E. Oh yeah, that's right. Been a while.

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 29, 2017

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I happily killed him and the rest and I'd do it again.

New thread title

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Is elite dangerous PS4 fun, or will I feel like I've just been hired on to a second job?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I'm a couple of hours in Prey and it's really good but there are two things I'm wondering:

1- Is there anything specific I should be doing when trying to spot Mimics? When I enter a room I can hear their 'tinkering' sounds, but looking around I see nothing out of ordinary. I expected the objects would shiver or be faulty - which they may be, but I still haven't noticed - but so far all I'm getting are surprise attacks. They're not troubling me much, there's plenty of food around but still.

2- When checking a security terminal, I get a sidequest to find missing personal but I can only have one active at a time. Am I really expected to find someone, go back to the terminal, activate another quest and go searching again? Cause that would be terrible.

1. You'll get a tool (and a chip) later that can help. Otherwise, pay attention to out of place objects and the Typhon sounds.

2. Yes, unfortunately.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Witch's tits now take up 1/3 of screen instead of 1/4..

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 24, 2017

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Opinions ON Sundered?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

The Telltale Batman game runs like utter dogshit on PS4 so i'm not sure why Sony think it is a good fit for the first PS+ after a bunch of people got the console for Christmas.

Because they've already bought the console...

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ok fine I got BB, GOSH

and Lords of the Fallen

heh j/k about the latter

Iyou should be ashamed that you are the OP of the PS4 thread and you literally just bought BB. SHAME.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I liked transistors combat simply because of the mix&match combos of Powers that could significantly alter your attack-styles. Story was interesting too. Stopped halfway through NG+ tho and never went back.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Literally used a fake but similar name to the real streets, cause cops shoot people

You are an accessory to murder now :colbert:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I want a new SSX and a new Skate. gently caress, just remake SSX3 and Skate2 and I'd be perfectly happy.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, it's so weird that you can upgrade yourself so that the override lasts forever but you can't make them follow you or anything.

You can't whistle for your ravager to come join up with you?! :(

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Sonic Mania is good, right? I loved Sonic & Knuckles 3, but Sonic 4 disappointed me, so I'm a little gun-shy.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I still think Uncharted 2 is the highlight of the series (3 had some great set pieces like the plane and ship graveyard, and 4 had the best gameplay/graphics). 2 just oozes style and was fun as hell from beginning to end (although the blue guys got a little annoying if you didn't have explosives or a golden bow and the final boss kind of sucked).

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Lol, Doom 2016 was so much better in pretty much every way.

E. Than Wolfenstein, that is. Titanfall 2 is agreeably the best FPS on the market.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Knack-attack, my man

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Does the HD version of MGS2 include the VR missions and snake tales (and skateboarding)? Those we're the best parts of substance IMO.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Did anyone end up playing the MGSurvive Demo? Was it any good?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

I bought FC: Primal when it was real cheap a while ago because I thought it had dinosaurs.

it does not.

Another reason Blood Dragon was the best modern Far Cry.

I must say, however, that Far Cry 2 was the best Far Cry game (and Far Cry original/instincts were pretty good too)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Over There posted:

Get the Switch 100%

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I bought BB on the sale and DS1 is coming to the Switch. I've never played any Souls-esque game ever in any capacity

what do

Prepare To Die?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Rayman Legends is on a flash sale at the PSN, it's the best Rayman and it has all of Origins levels in it.

It actually is missing a pretty large portion of Origins' levels, but it is still excellent. You should buy Origins too if you want even more tho.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

There will be cracked screens from gripping it too tightly

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Shovel Knight.

This is actually a really good idea for SC

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Mandrel posted:

You can’t just do soft reboots over and over what the gently caress

I think you will find that Spider-Man, both his comics and movies, has proven that you can, in fact, just soft reboot as many times as you want.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Games where you’re clearly doing the wrong thing but need to keep doing it anyway

- Nier Automata
- Some parts of Final Fantasy Tactics
- maybe some others I forgot

Spec ops: The Line

E. Also, the very beginning of FF6

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

:yossame:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

My only platinum trophies are: Resident evil 5 on PS3, Bloodborne, and Rocket league.

I'm actually kind of proud of that.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

No one is going to notice your platinum. It will just bring back memories of how your parents never noticed you either.

:nyd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Montalvo posted:

Hello,

As a first time player of Dark Souls I would just like to visit the thread and state the following on record: gently caress the gargoyles, and gently caress the Capra Demon.

Thank you for reading.

Kind regards,
Monty

It's gonna seem dumb, but run up those stairs, jump off the side, and run back up those stairs again until you get an opportunity to drop the dogs, then fight the Capra normally.