Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

no goon should go without a ps5 to play ps4 games on!

you jest but I would not go back to playing PS4 games on a PS4 ever now that I can play them on a PS5. the whole experience is better at least tenfold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I chose a 4/2/2/4 build for Disco and my wife did basically the opposite and she woke up and her tie was talking to her lol

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

no, I mean I bought all Naughty Dog games for the past 25 years, across all franchises, including Jak Combat Racing

a true ND aficianado would know it's Jak X: Combat Racing

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Well, you'll be starting sekiro on Friday and it will take you 12 hours to beat so that means elden ring is coming out on Sunday??????

Oooohhhhh

I think Ringed City is gonna take more than one session, especially since one is a Tuesday. that poo poo is hard.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Tougher than the nameless king?

to add to this, I beat Nameless King solo with melee on my 6th attempt on NG+ (3rd once I switched to the Vordt hammer). I would never deign to fight Midir solo, ever.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Volte posted:

I'm at 105 deaths in Nioh :stare: Game is punishing as gently caress. Also I just finished "The Ocean Roars Again" mission on the rickety rear end partially-submerged boardwalks with missing plank hazards everywhere and I think that might be the worst level design in any Soulslike, ever. Most of the levels so far are good though. It's a janky experience but I'm determined to see it through before moving onto Nioh 2 (which I hear is better).

Is it a bug that sneaking up on an enemy and hitting them basically gives them an instantaneous free combo on you? It triggers their attack on the very frame that you hit them and it's an almost guaranteed hit. Feels weird that they don't get staggered or anything. I did a drop attack on a Yokai demon and it instantly pasted me before I could even recover.

doing backstabs on enemies is a ninjitsu skill, I believe. it's still nothing like Souls, but it is there. Nioh makes you buy basically every kind of skill in order to use it.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Dinosaurs! posted:

Would you say Disco Elysium finally playable on PS4? It sounded like they had some gnarly bugs the first couple patches.

Disco plays great on the latest patch

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
If you missed VG's stream, here are the highlights:

I Gave VG Some Bad Advice
https://clips.twitch.tv/SuspiciousAstuteAubergineFutureMan-huc1gPsqTmSf4At2

Just Another Day at Fountainhead Palace
https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyTrappedChamoisBudBlast-XVpQescBT3wAahXC

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
just want to report that griefing people in Heatseeker in Rocket League is just as fun as ever and they WILL still bitch about it in the chat to you the whole game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlKpjfHmy9M

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 4, 2021

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

...I believe in generations.

yeah, Sonic Generations was pretty good

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

In TLOU2, is the enemy health static and unaffected by difficulty settings?

there are very granular enemy settings in the accessibility menu, and I think the difficulty settings are just presets for that, which you can go and change manually if you want. I don't remember if enemy health is one, but damage taken definitely is

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I remember having good times with the tennis game on Dreamcast. tennis games are like golf games. really fun when they’re less sport simulation and more arcadey. I used to play Fight Night on ps1 with my dad and uncle and they’d get so worked up mashing those buttons. Gaming Dad and Gaming Uncle playing in harmony

I have PS Now, which has Hot Shots Tennis from the PS2, and that game is *still* fun today.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Crossposting this here:

morallyobjected posted:

Veeg is streaming FF7R now. Join in on the fun!

https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

I don’t crosspost the streams anymore on account of I think the threads should be merged but yeah Veeg still streams on Tues/Fri/Sun as ever

you be careful or I'll post it in the PS3 thread next time too!!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

mutata posted:

Is the only Ratchet and Clank game for PS4 the remake of the original?

Others have answered this, but it's also worth noting that if you have access to PS Now, you can play pretty much every mainline Ratchet and Clank game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

It's stream time, motherfuckers! Veeg goes to Wall Market!

https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa