Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Just tried out Deep Rock Galactic (was free with PS+ a few months ago, IIRC) with a friend, pretty good stuff. I was worried the dwarf stuff would veer into cringe territory but it's not too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Guillermus posted:

You can plug a mouse and keyboard and play it like on PC if you want. Fun game.

Oh whaaaat? Nice! That will definitely help.

I remember assuming Diablo 2 Resurrected would allow KB+M and being very unimpressed when I found out it didn't.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

I booted up my PS VR for the first time in forever because I've got a few spare Move controls I need to test before I sell them.

Somehow lost an hour playing Superhot VR.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Inspector Hound posted:

Resogun, Elite: Dangerous, and just plain old Netflix are also top notch, even though they aren't fully VR. Gran Turismo and Ace Combat have some cool VR side levels but aren't fully playable in VR either. Battlefield and etc are a little tough for me but might be worth trying out. I wish there were more, I don't want to buy an oculus.

I've got a couple more like Moss, Rez, and a some others that were part of that big free bundle early in Covid that I still need to try - moving overseas in a month or two and am going to have to get rid of everything, probably won't buy another PS VR. I was going to use Beat Saber as my testbed but I have a recurring issue (software, I'm pretty sure) with one of the controllers going haywire. It doesn't seem to be specific to controllers, have done it at night with the room dark/no reflections, tried recalibrating... googled it and there's something about turning controllers on in the right order, etc and I can't really be bothered.

I did try Gran Turismo with the wheel + pedals + shifter my PS4 came with (bought it from a FIFO worker who was upgrading to a fancy PC-based racing sim rig), was pretty cool even though I'm not really into racing. I sold that but did pick up a HOTAS for Star Wars Squadrons. It's great but I had a hell of a time figuring out where all the buttons were on the controller since I couldn't actually see it. I came back to it a couple weeks ago and tried doing the first few missions without VR just to get used to the button mapping but it turns out I'm just a really bad pilot.

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 30, 2023

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Got around to trying Trek to Yomi (one of the PS+ free games from a few months back). Jury is still kinda out on the game as a whole, but A+ on the Kurasawa film aesthetic; even down to the subtle flicker of a projector lamp. The fixed camera works really well too, and frames some very cinematic looking fights.

I've gotten back into studying Japanese in the last year so nice to have a bit of listening practice as well.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

I got rid of my PC when I moved so PS4 has been handling most of my gaming duties the last ~6 months.

Enjoying getting through the backlog of games I bought/downloaded - lately it's been Ghost of Tsushima which is pretty fun and picturesque. Probably back to RDR2 once I'm finished with that.

Have also gotten a lot of mileage out of Deep Rock Galactic, play most Saturday nights for a few hours with a friend on the West coast. Accidentally left it set to open last weekend and had two random pubbies join our game, was kinda fun but went back to private after that.

Re back paddles: yeah I love 'em, got really used to having them on the Steam Controller. Have almost overpaid for a Scuff a couple times because I'd like them on the PS4, kinda forgot about that extra attachment for the DS4.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

GoutPatrol posted:

Well I'm glad I didn't bite the bullet on rollerdrome. will enjoy playing that next month

Speaking of PS+, if you don't have a PS5, A Plague Tale will not show up on your January Monthly Games page. You can still claim it through the app or PS online website, however.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Double posting, but was thinking of buying another PSVR (the original), so my partner can play Beat Saber again.

We had a fairly regular problem with the PS Move controllers where one would wig out and not work well. I had a few different ones but it seemed to happen across multiple devices. I don't recall it happening with SuperHot, which was the main other game I used the VR for. The room was pretty dark, FWIW.

Am starting over with a different console, and would obviously be different controllers/VR hardware. Curious if anyone else has dealt with this and if there were any fixes in case it starts happening again?

Would love a PS5/VR2 (played at my BiL's place) but definitely out of the budget rn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Paying2Lurk posted:

If you don't mind wired, the NACON compact controllers aren't bad. A little small, like the name says, but for a 6 year old that might be okay. Usually run about $40 on Amazon. I've had one that's lasted about 2 years, though I don't use that much compared to my other controllers.

I've got a regular sized Nacon that's wireless, it's great. The offset thumbsticks are something I miss when I have to go back to one of the stock ones. Only niggle is that the paint on the buttons is quick to wear off, and it requires a separate USB dongle (which is annoying if you have PS VR, because that eats up every USB port on your PS4 if you have two Move controllers.)