Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

The PS4 slim is a good purchase.
The PS4 Pro is also a good purchase. Especially if you have a 4K TV or want to get into PSVR.

Neither one of them is a waste of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Flumpus posted:

Youtube yes, that app was updated with VR support, the other videos, maybe... There's VR support in Media Player, but not for Side by Side videos, only the 360 degree videos, which kind of suck. My impression is you have to stretch the resolution over a full 360, and it just is going to look bad almost no matter what. I don't have any Side by Side videos to test out, so I'm not sure how good they are, but I did get my PSVR working with SteamVR today and a VR Media Player there, so if I can get ahold of a good sample, am curious to see the difference between the 360 videos and others.

Oh, and I'm of the opinion Thumper is absolutely a must play, and videos don't really do it justice. I've played it exclusively in VR and am in the last level, and it's amazing. They added a hardcore NG+ type mode where you have one life and stuff like that, and if you're into it, you get rankings for each stage and level and there are trophies for that sorta thing. Seems like there's a very high skill ceiling.

When I see the scores at the top of the charts in Thumper I think about the story of the dude in the QA department at Harmonix who could perfect guitar hero songs on Expert difficulty with the guitar behind his back.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

hey does anyone have that gif of a person making fun of people who cant use a ps3 controller around? i absolutely cant find it

http://giphy.com/gifs/ps3-FIdYd8Nat08Fy

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

The light is on... but what's powering it? :confused:

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbX6K7ky9LQ&t=90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Evil Canadian posted:

So for the ps4 pro enabled games, do they just auto-detect the system and put on whatever gimmicks and geegaws they have, or do you have to go into a menu to enable it?

Playing the For Honor beta I know it has ps4 pro features just unsure how to access it(unless maybe its not in the beta).

For most games they autodetect and you do nothing / have no menu option.

For some (example: Rise of the Tomb Raider) there is a menu option to choose how to use the extra power, but you still don't have to do anything to turn it on, only if you want to use it differently.