Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone got Wild Guns Reloaded?

Fools on ye olde internet seem to be liking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Valid crits.

What if I don't ever play local co-op with anyone and don't care so much about the cost...

How's the actual gameplay?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Calaveron posted:

Got an LG 55UH76 and a pro and for some reason it doesn't recognize it's got HDR. What gives

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly but didn't some company (LG) have a patch coming on their TV to enable HDR?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I kind of fell out with Watch Dogs 2 at some point pre-holiday in the rush. Then it died down and now I am playing it a bit daily. I just decided to get the grenade launcher and set myself as a target in Bounties.

I just got sniped by a guy on the street when I was on a tallllll building. I grenaded him first and I saw the explosion land at his feet. He was standing by a wall, and It was a perfect hit on my part. He barely flinched. Is the Grenade Launcher not damaging enough to human targets?

[edit] I mean splash damage sure as gently caress kills the police.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

smallmouth posted:

I'm a new PS4 owner. What driving game should I get? Is there a good rally game?

Was gonna say, I hear DIRT is good. Also will be getting a VR mode... I do hear it's a little on the hard side. I need to read up more on it because I keep wnating to get it but then I think "DO I need more frustration in my life?" (I have no wheel... so it would be controller.)

Man driving games used to DEFINE consoles. Now they are barely even around. It's kinda sad.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What kind of gameplay loop is Yakuza 0? Everyone is singing it's praises so I want to take notice but I've never played one (or Shenmue, if that's an analogue.)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

there wolf lmao posted:

I thinks it's midnight local wherever you are.

PST.

Nioh is going on my early contender for GOTY.

Never Forget (in December)

Feenix fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 23, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ogress death count: 40.

On the plus side, I remembered that I had a guardian spirit

Hug her tight. Go to your left /forward under her arm into the swipe. Get ready to evade similarly (to end up behind her after her stomp.)
When she finally enrages, pop your guardian (circle+triangle) and you'll likely do just fine...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
And lastly, if you just want that item before midnight, summon someone at a shrine. 2 people can make super short work of her.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This looks like it could be fun. Like Trials without the stuff that makes you want to throw your controller across the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8VLMNzBDhw
I could get behind this.

2 things though:

Good reviews, and a non-60 dollar price point.

Also: I've seen almost every single person who is playing Gravity Rush 2 say that it has a terrible slog/slow start. Exactly when does that end? I just did the Forbidden Zone trials and it definitely got a LITTLE better as I was doing those.. but wondering if it really *blossoms* at some point or if it just kinda plays more or less about as exciting as it does right now?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

King of Solomon posted:

I don't agree with that sentiment, I loved the game from the first minute. That said, I'd say the breakaway point they're referring to is when you reach Jirga Para Lhao.

I'm a tough customer when it comes to liking Gravity Rush but I would say that, at the Very least, the powerless running around bland, difficult-to-fall-off air town with questionable, sloppy controls searching for things that were hard to see was pretty underwhelming, at least.

But it's good to know it picks up, for sure! :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm sure the sensible answer is "come back to it later when you are mo' betta" but it's irking me that in Gravity Rush 2 I just got an announcement of a Gravity Boss/issue guy at Mining Site 13 and it seems either way too hard to survive, or that the controls/camera are just THAT bad for this fight that I am ineffective.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Marogareh posted:

When in doubt spam stasis. Every time it throws the boomerang it'll leave behind debris that you can throw back at it if you're on the ground.

Yeah but the ground is the absolute worst loving place to be. The camera does not know what to do with itself if you get anywhere near a ledge and the whole thing is just little cubicle ledges.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
For Honor is ok. You know when it will be best? At a reduced price for duels and 2 on 2.

I feel like a lot of times frustrating poo poo happens to you that you can't do much about.

Fast-characters just get you playing "do your best to react to which direction the attack is coming from then you get grabbed it thrown.

It has moments of potential. When it's fun, it feels like Dark Souls meets that old Jedi Knight duel mode.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Dominion sucks because the entire game becomes "attack the guy not looking at you for the easy win. Rinse, repeat."

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man, I do not loving understand For Honor.

I get that I'm supposed to block where the indicator says. Ok, no problem. So I do that a bit and then a viking does his throw move where he runs me back on his shoulder and throws me on the ground and then it's game over. I just don't understand. Either they don't explain poo poo on how to play, or their game is just a "pick the one beast character, hope for best..."

It's frustrating because at it's core this could be something good. Instead it just makes me mad to have some fuckstick beat up on me helplessly.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bad Parenting posted:

There's a HOW TO PLAY option on the main menu, where it has tutorials that teach you stuff like how to counter throws. It also has a bunch of videos explaining each class.

Yeah. I did those. They don't really change how frustrating the game is for me. Oh well. Passing.

While I'm bitchin bout games...

I'm sending Gravity Rush 2 back to Gamefly. While it has charm, and I like some of what I see, the camera is drat near a war crime and it just fucks SO much up.

I'm dunzo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Outtie five thousand?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
More power to anyone enjoying For Honor but it just doesn't feel good to me. (And to the person who said it above, I did bother to learn and practice advanced stuff. It just doesn't feel right to me.)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

King of Solomon posted:

The overall structure is pretty similar to the first game, but it has a lot more challenge missions with a lot more variety to them, and it has a ton of sidequests. Additionally, there's a "Treasure Hunt" online component, where you'll randomly receive photos of treasure chests in the world to search for.

Jirga Para Lhao is also more interesting to explore and has a lot more variety in its environments than Hekseville did.

The camera issues more or less have me ready to send it back to gamefly, but as I arrived at Jirga Para Lhao I started enjoying gathering the overworld crystals at least.

When do I get treasure hunt stuff? That sounds like my bag.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

King of Solomon posted:

The camera definitely takes some getting used to, but once you get a hang of it it isn't too bad. It can get kinda iffy in tight corridors, though. Thankfully, that doesn't come up too often.

Only anytime you land on the ground.

Or fly near a structure.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

King of Solomon posted:

Yeah, nah, not in my experience. It's totally fine.

I'll take some recordings next time I play. The nature of the game means camera fuckery kinda comes with the territory but more often than not, I'll land and be too near to, say, a wall, or some other structure, and I just end up looking up my own rear end while something attacks me, or what have you.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So Yakuza 0 just showed up from Gamefly... this is my first. It looks nice for being a port, the screen tearing is a shame though.

Anyway, how long should I play before I know it's not for me. All the slow walking chatter and sitting around chatting is not compelling to me and really just trying my patience. Does it open up? Get more interesting? Get more fun? Or is it likely it's just not for me?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

sorry to hear that you didn't play an awesome game

play all of chapter 2 and watch the cutscene you get at the end. if majima's introduction doesn't get you pumped you should consult a doctor.

Ok. Good advice I'll take it that far. Roughly how many hours (or minutes) away is Chapter 2? I am not slamming the game, just personal tastes (my own) but the slow walking and talking is just grating to me. Not feeling it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Welp. Guess I'm not giving Yakuza 0 any more chances, after all. I played like an hour, then I had to go. I saw no way to save. So I assumed (perhaps foolishly) that Autosave occurred. Booted up just now and nope. No save.

Not going through all that initial slow boring bullshit again.

Outtie five thousand.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I honestly don't know why people play games right before they need to go out anyway. I mean, Yakuza 0 should have implemented an auto save but you honestly were kind of asking for trouble doing that.

I played for like an hour. Also call me when you're a parent. poo poo happens. :)

Besides, all you snark repliers, I still have yet to disparage the game. I didn't save/it didn't save...I wasn't enjoying It, so my only point was I guess it's not getting a second chance after all.

Lighten up. :)

Edit] I'll take my lumps, though... I had to go quickly and didn't see a save option in the menu and I swear I never came across a forced/obvious save point. Maybe I wasn't far enough? Still took nearly an hour (give or take) to get where I did...) and I am not enticed enough to repeat it.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 31, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SLOSifl posted:

Why didn't you just suspend the system?

I have PSVR and I've lately gotten to the habit of doing an actual power down from time to time. It was a foolish mistake. I said as much in my initial post. I just found the beginning of the game sloggy and unengaging enough that I just don't think I care to do it again.

I gameflyed the game and my suspicions were that it probably wasn't for me anyway, but I'd thought I'd give it a little more time at least...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Finally! A game I didn't buy! LBP3!

Something to play with my 4 year old until Lego Worlds hits.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Once you get used to everything... Ghost Recon Wildlands is pretty fun. Get into a group of like-minded humans as soon as possible. Find a suppressed Sniper Rifle soon, too. Feels good, man!

BE warned. This is a beta-rear end beta tho. I just did a story mission, which ended in a cutscene. Everything went silent, even my human player friends, and now I can't even use the guide button to quit. (It's not frozen, just nonresponsive. Gonna have to power down with the console button.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 3, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man I wish I'd gotten into this beta. :\

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Winkie01 posted:

wtf you can't rent suits anymore?

You can't if you don't want to look like a shabby dork.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ghost Recon is considerably less fun by yourself/with pubbies. :/

Fuckin beautiful through with hdr light going through the tree canopy etc.

I've been lucky with pubbies today. Lots of cooperative gents.

Good, satisfying moments landing a chopper, getting into position, using your drone to mark enemies, tagging them, then manually trying to time your shots and just watching 4 dudes drop to headshots. Good times.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

I just got kicked for getting tired of a never ending Unidad battle where everyone but me kept dying.

I think that's it for me today.

Yeah. I mean I can see how it's possible to have a bad time... just had a good run today. And yeah, I think the Unidad just keep showing up unless you beat a hasty retreat.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SamBishop posted:

We're still accepting sign-ups, but obviously the pool is going to be a hell of a lot bigger now that people found out about Boost Mode.

I signed up (every time) and didn't get in. Can you pull some strings?

*slips you a 20*

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess you're right about that. Still though, it's odd that the alternative he chose was just to lie.

Maybe it wasn't a lie? Maybe this is a fairly recent development and they decided to flip on a "hey you can do this now but it may not always work 100% of the time" option.

I guarantee you they'd never lie by holding back something they were sure of if it meant additional advantages to their lead/popularity.

I have a feeling this came about more organically.

Pro works with patched old games only.

They realize performance bumps across the board would have weird effects.

The public hangs a bit on the fact that random games won't see a benefit.

Xbone S shows an across the board bump.

Sony bosses "put some guys on looking into it".

Something like that maybe?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I am so loving ready for NiOh.

Also:

https://twitter.com/feenix7/status/827735832115032066

Feenix fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 4, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Fix posted:

Ok, thanks, guys.

Post transfer, pre getting rid of old PS4, deactivate it!

That's the only other thing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

glam rock hamhock posted:

As someone that doesn't care all that much about framerate, the fact that I'll lose PT still vastly overwhelms any desire I'd have to go pro.

As someone who isn't clinically insane, I do not understand why anyone gives THIS much of a gently caress about P.T.

It's cool to play once. Yes, it will never exist. No, it will never be worth ANYTHING to ANYONE as it is a digital good. And when you play it (IF You ever play it again) it will be just like it was the first time.

No offense, I just don't understand why people give any kind of poo poo about keeping it forever... at all.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

revolther posted:

Yeah but your post history proves you possess a lovely bland generalized taste while also fact dropping that really you're about as bland of a human being as possible.

PT is actually pretty amazing when you consider the fact of how long it took to be "solved", how few people still have achieved seeing even that ending, and the AMAZING job at executing for such a simple game teaser.
It rightfully earned an earmark in the tome of gaming history. It still sells the idea of a game 1000 x better than the trailer for Kojima's new title in development. Maybe you don't like horror, or maybe it just fits your whole deal as acting like a plain Lay's potato chip sort of human being.

You could plop any Horror film fan down with a copy of the PT demo, and they would get more satisfaction and time out of it than ANY horror movie made in the last decade.

Continue looking for couch co-op games to play with your 4 year old while being a taste maker and trend setter though.

Thanks for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The one thing Steep needs is for the devs to have one of those "we hear you!" Moments when they completely overhaul the snowboard and skiing controls/mechanics to be more like what we'd expect.

This is like modern FPS's that venture too far from standardized and accepted FPS controls. I wanted to love Steep but it lacked something in the feels.