Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I thought I had beaten the French Revolution Assassin's Creed way back when it came out, but it turned out I had given up about halfway through. The map is an ocean of pickups and icons, it's unreasonable. I thought I was on a new game+, there were so many it didn't look like anything had been done at all. I can tell why I gave up before; between all the stupid collectibles and the controls actively resisting what I want to do, it makes for a very pretty, but frustrating, experience. No other players were available to join when I tried to do a multiplayer mission, and I wasn't really expecting any (and I wasn't expecting to enjoy the experience if anyone had joined).

You get to crawl around Paris and it's pretty, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Please drop the price of Stray to 9.99. Please, just for a day

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

GoutPatrol posted:

Get Plus for a month, play and beat stray in a weekend (or three hours), and it pays for itself.

Hmm, there are a few other games on there I'd plow through/get sick of in a day, that might be worth it. Does Callisto Protocol work on PS4?

They are really pushing that new ps plus system, it's kind of hard to find the free games each month with all the ads they put up for it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I don't think it was pointed out that one of the free games this month was all three Mass Effects bundled together with most or all of the DLC. I'm not super far into the first one yet, but I loved playing through them years ago and can't wait to do it again.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I would probably help disappear a diplomat in exchange for that extra USB port

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

E eh

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 21, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Callisto Protocol - Digital Deluxe Super Special Cool Elite Collectors Edition is on sale for a few dollars cheaper than the base game; $56 vs $60. Still too much for me, but nice if you're interested in that one and want to squeeze the price a little.

e Fallout 4 is $7, Jedi: Fallen Order is $4, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey is $15, Dying Light: Definitive Edition is $10, pretty ok sale

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 2, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I accidentally downloaded Mafia: Definitive Edition. Should I play this or delete it, I don't remember anything about it except "Mafia game"

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Battlefield 2042 being a free game this month is a little embarrassing for everyone involved

e man that really was pretty embarrassing too

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 22, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Read After Burning posted:

Currently playing and enjoying Telling Lies, with the caveat that "being nosy" is one of my absolute favorite game genres. :kiddo:

Just reading the ps store description... What is that game about? Plus it's live action, it makes me wonder, again, why they haven't ported Night Trap. Those ladies worked so hard on their pillow fights

Battlefield verdict: 2042 plays and looks like 1942 with a bf3 mod

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 13, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

OxMan posted:

Oh man have i got some news for you. Night Trap and at least one other FMV games got ps4 ports!

Quitting bf2042 immediately

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They should have reshot the scenes where they showed sega controllers with the relevant gamepad for each port
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgMC77PNtYc&t=89s

Without playing yet, I'm torn on this

Oh man I cannot wait, how did I not know about this

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 13, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alien: Isolation is $5.99 right now and if you haven't played it I demand you do

e Mafia is ok, I am a bad driver

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Resogun, Elite: Dangerous, and just plain old Netflix are also top notch, even though they aren't fully VR. Gran Turismo and Ace Combat have some cool VR side levels but aren't fully playable in VR either. Battlefield and etc are a little tough for me but might be worth trying out. I wish there were more, I don't want to buy an oculus.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Goodness gracious I want to play Meet Your Maker but it takes forever to load

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Pershing posted:

So my PS4's web browser has stopped playing sound. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm watching, no sound comes out. Any ideas?

Check if you have headphones plugged in somewhere or if there's an "unmute" option on the things you're watching, I'm not seeing an option to only mute browser sound. Are games/streaming apps making noise?

Trying the steps that don't cost hundreds of dollars first

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Pershing posted:

Would it matter that I'm running optical audio to my receiver? It's always worked before...

Figuring that out would be the next move; start eliminating/substituting wires between the PlayStation and the speakers. Maybe it's just a bad optical wire, maybe it just needs to be different now for whatever mysterious reason.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Cool free games again this month. A samurai side scroller that looks like an old movie, a basketball game, and Jurassic World Evolution 2, which I immediately download and will be wasting the next two days of my life on

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The free games today are a golf game, Dreams for VR, and some indie cartoon game. The golf game is normally a hundred dollars lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Jesus it's £90 here and made in Unity lol

E: guess it defaults to the 'Deluxe Edition' to redeem on PS+ but does not give you the the deluxe edition bonuses

It looks insanely bad, my golfers eyes are clearly not pointing in the same direction. Between this and BF2042, I think it's obvious they're just dumping free AAA failures to boost player counts. Games being roughly the same price in the US and EU/UK has always been a terrible scam, I can only console you by reminding you that our healthcare system is as broken as the swing system in this golf game

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'm not a big sports game person anyway, but other than not looking spectacular it lets you play multiplayer, do career mode, and there's a few different tours, and that seems like pretty much what you'd expect from a sports game. Maybe it's because in golf you can't directly compete with the other players, ie steal the ball or whatever, or maybe people crave the mind shattering complexity of that one soccer games menus

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 7, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, there's a good sale on PS Store right now, some excellent classics for $5-30. The best deals are probably Rainbow Six Siege for $10 and the PS2 GTAs for $30, but that's just my opinion. RDR2 and GTAV are both $20. Shadow of Mordor is $1.99. It's the first of the two games, so it's smaller than Shadow of War, but it's definitely worth more than $1.99 and the time you'll spend downloading it. Scroll through, I never got to the bottom and there's a bunch of good ones.

If I buy Skyrim VR, does it upgrade the version I have, or am I starting the game over fresh?

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 31, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I haven't scrolled through all the deals yet, but there's already some interesting ones. Under $5 I saw Titanfall 2, star wars battlefront 1 & 2, the Jedi one everyone liked, and a couple metal slug games. Once I was up near $10 it got more a little better, there's some older (older.) AAA titles including Bloodborne, horizon zero dawn, fallout 4, and a couple others that might appeal to individual weirdos. The games get better from there, not a terrible sale unless you're looking for something that's come out in the last year or two.

e gta v and Skyrim are both $15, that's like 900+ hours of gameplay right there if you haven't tried those.

:siren: Sifu is $15 :frogsiren:

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 24, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

All the Batman: Arkham: Press Square games are bundled for $5.99. I say do it if you haven't played them and your PS4 still works

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

When do we get chemical computers with one continuous frame per time you turn on the photo screen

e the real question: should games with a film grain option be locked to 24 fps when film grain is turned on?

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 19, 2024

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

They're still much prettier than some of the games that came out after them, and the combat is very satisfying. Batman is mean to criminals

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

I hope this thread is still around when the ps6 launches

If they make it $900 or whatever I'll still be here

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I like playing Resogun on a Sunday or the first of the month because I can get the number one spot before that absolutely savage limey logs on and scores eleven billion stupid points on his first casual run

e checking the ship the top score was using has helped but I cannot last five minutes once I get to revenge bullets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

E nm

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 12, 2024