Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Got Jedi Fallen Order on sale

It’s a pretty good Dark Souls Lite experience, but now the difficulty suddenly ramped up and I’m stuck on the fight with Trilla in her fortress. I’ve fought and lost against her more times than Lady Maria in Bloodborne. Anyone got any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’m on medium difficulty on Jedi Fallen Order. Going down one step would mean baby mode :negative:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hell yeah, I beat Trilla without stepping down to story mode difficulty! Only took 25 tries!

I had a sliver of health left, could feel adrenaline being squirted out of my kidneys

Edit: WHOA WHAT AN ENTRANCE

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 22, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Control + DLC being this month’s PS+, I loaded it up again

Shore is putty

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

MechaSeinfeld posted:

A bunch of mgsv videos were popping up on my youtube homepage and it’s really helped show that that game was a masterpiece.

https://youtu.be/255ArxW2U3g

Spoilers for mgsv if you haven’t played it all obv, but it helped illuminate some stuff I missed since I was mainly distracted by airlifting sheep.

A huge shame that mgs4 is still yet to be ported forward. I’d love to go through them all again. Peace Walker is sometimes tough to go though.

That was great. Thank you for this

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hartmann in the Control DLC is a motherfucker

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Is Scarlet Nexus any good?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Is there any difference between Dreams Beta and Dreams

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Ahh poo poo I guess I should get the regular game since it’s on sale for $10 right now

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Ghost of Tsushima indeed has excellent combat and beautiful graphics. But it’s painfully obvious that it was written by Americans. It’s a fortune cookie version of Japan.

Time to write a haiku!

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 15, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUSDIS50OFF1Y/?dclid=CInqzKTF0vICFRT9YgodJNQL_Q

(Only if you don’t already have PS+)

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 28, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Any good indie games I should pick up in this latest sale?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Good lord Horizon Zero Dawn is talky

Am I gonna miss out on a lot if I skip all the cutscenes in HFW

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
So far it’s like the first game; I’m actually way interested in the sci-fi stuff and start nodding off when it comes to tribal conflicts

I got to the first cauldron and started listening to everything because the sci-fi story really opens up there

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 19, 2022

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/gtelephant/status/1494752918561558531?s=21

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

univbee posted:

Ah, when you mentioned external drive I thought that's where your games were but I reread and realize it was asking for a firmware install file which you don't normally use.

The first one definitely won't work, it's a 3.5" drive which is larger and intended for desktops or powered enclosures. The second one is a 2.5" drive which is what you need for your main drive. It can be either a traditional mechanical drive or an SSD. I think there's a 9.5mm height restriction which cuts off most drives larger than 2tb, so that's loosely seen as the largest drive you can stick into a PS4 of any model (they all use pretty much identical compartments for their hard drives).

It’s a 7mm height limit, which means 2TB spinners or a $400 SSD if you want 4TB

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Now that Sony seems to have decided on sticking with x86 for the foreseeable future, is it likely that even if they shut down the ps4 game store, the games will still be playable/available on future consoles?

I’ve been buying used physical copies of my favorite games just in case and wondering if I should keep doing so or not bother

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Just get it when it’s on sale for $20

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
How is Cyberpunk on ps4 now, did they iron out the kinks

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Bad frame rate builds character, I played MGSV at 20fps on PS3

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Not a whole lotta games coming out lately so I’m working through the massive backlog

Finally finished Uncharted 4. Decent game, but still has uncanny valley of superhuman jumping and climbing. I was hoping they would’ve toned it down to make it feel more realistic

Still blown away by all the incidental animation like how he touches people’s shoulders when walking through a crowd, touches a wall that he’s walking next to, etc

Also enjoyed that they worked in an homage to Cash Bandicoot during one of the chases

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
If anyone likes shootin natsees the season pass of Siper Elite 4 is on sale for 90% off. It’s a lot of content for $3.50

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I am too

I saw a video where they said they sprayed the contacts with electrical contact cleaner, wiped it and then it worked

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hello there dead platform friends

Finally played Heavenly Bodies since it was a free game, it’s like QWOP or Getting Over It, but as an astronaut. Pretty amusing!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I’m still waiting for a 4TB 7mm SSD to drop down to $200 so I can justify using it internally on my slim

Edit: ooh, looks like they’re coming close, $270-300

Edit: hmm, a $200 one from a brand I’ve never heard of https://www.amazon.com/LEVEN-JS600-Internal-Solid-State/dp/B08DTR8RGR/

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 3, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Was Driveclub any good

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
$3 saved from the used game store, then

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Inside is on sale for $5 and is a rocking good 3 hour game, like a horror version of Journey or a modern Another World.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

That loving Sned posted:

Driveclub is still worth playing. The handling feels as good as Gran Turismo, but the cars have unnaturally high grip so you can push them a lot harder. Super cars are extremely fun to drive since you don't need to be perfect to avoid flying off the track.

All the environments and weather effects still look stunning and it's a crime we never got a 4K HDR 60fps update or an open world sequel.

Ok maybe I’ll try it out then

I was mainly intrigued by how good the weather looked in this:

https://twitter.com/truegamer1111/status/1695749103890678009?s=46

But the replies bring up that it had arcadey physics, 30fps, etc

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Essential picks sale for march 2024

Is Solar Ash any good

Anthem for $3?

Prey?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Ugh. I eyeing 4TB SSD’s for PlayStation

There was a Samsung one that dropped from $400 to $200 during the early pandemic but now it’s back up to $325

Is Sandisk good? They have one for $250

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Yeah I’m not actually concerned about performance, it’s just that they don’t make spinny hdd’s larger than 2tb

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Guillermus posted:

They do, the problem is that a 4Tb spinny drive won't fit into the PS4 internal slot. My solution years ago was a 1Tb SSD and then a 4Tb external USB 3.0 drive.

Oh yeah I meant to say no 4TB 17mm hdds

Ineffiable posted:

It's worth mentioning that functionally you can play any ps4 game (there's only a handful that don't or are worse) on a ps5 and if you use an external hard drive they can be swapped between consoles easily.

But the ssd that can go in a ps4 and ps5 are different form factors so it's not very future proof.

Unless you're thinking you'll only have a ps4 going forward with no upgrade to a ps5, think about a smaller ssd, keep your more frequent games on it (anything with lots of loading and play often) and keep indies on an external hdd.

Yeahhhhh hmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I might end up getting a 4TB ssd for the ps4, get a ps5 and wait a while for prices to come down before getting a big dumpster ssd for that one

I found that dudes are still selling 4TB ssd’s for the ps4 for cheap on eBay