Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Smol posted:

Say I wanted to make my PS4 Pro sound a little less like a jet engine. What kind of cooling mod should I go for?

I traded in my PS4 Pro for the bundle that came with RDR2 because Sony finally acknowledged this was a problem and did something to fix it. It was 100% worth it, the new model is like 10x quieter. I think Digital Foundry even did a video testing the noise difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Smol posted:

Interesting, I had no idea there was a newer model, never mind that it was any different. I'll have to investigate this further.

You can start by checking out this article and the embedded video they did inside it. I would say it's even quieter than the article makes it out to be. My old Pro was also jet engine loud and made me scared it was going to explode or something.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Ended up ordering the $750 disc bundle from GameStop which comes with a 2nd controller I won't use and an extra game I don't want, but it's otherwise fine.

If I can get a base version from Amazon whenever those pre-orders go up I'll just cancel it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

el oso posted:

If I had my druthers in order I would wait until holiday 2021 to get a PS5 because that's around when Horizon/RE8 will be available and it really doesn't look like any other exclusive is worth owning a PS5 until then (I'm not a FROM guy). And there's zero chance Ragnarok is actually coming out in 2021.

But I don't have my druthers in order so my pre-order is already in.

Do you have a decent PC? Because if not do you not care about Cyberpunk 2077 either?