Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
So I ended up loving Spider-Man Miles Morales enough to 100% it on New Game +, a thing I literally never do. It helps that it's pretty short and zipping around the city never gets old, and it's a nice touch that depending on when you do various side missions there are minor dialogue changes so you can at least switch it up on the second time through.

I never touch Photo Modes either, but there was a trophy for this one and it made me curious enough to dabble, and soon enough I was snapshotting Spider-Man all over Manhattan. It never even occurred to me until looking online that people use it for action scenes, I literally only took shots of SM just hanging out. Here's a few that I think turned out well:

SM getting coffee:

I only took this shot because of that mouse just inexplicably chilling on the hood of that car behind them:

ASMAB:

Fun fact on this one, they gave SM a bunch of little dance animations for this small part of this side mission that's never called attention to and never used again:

Missed opportunity for a Spider-Longshoreman outfit imo:

There are three Spider-Mans in this picture:

Here is SM seconds away from scaring the poo poo out of the meals-on-wheels guy doing a high speed turn in heavy traffic during a blizzard:

Is SMMM the best winter holiday vibes game of all time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

you say rat, I say treasured friend

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

I kind of knew I'd be disappointed going into Assassin's Creed Origins, but, yikes. I think the very first game was more polished. The fighting and sneaking both feel...wrong, like they don't fit. I was hoping to have fun climbing around on stuff at least but even that's not handled great.

Lol I went from Ezio trilogy -> Origins and basic movement and sneaking is so objectively better in Origins that it's not even close. The parkour is a little too effortless though, they scaled that back in Valhalla for the better imo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Not that it matters. making uncharted into a movie is a boring rear end idea at it's core. skeptical of the TLOU TV show for the same reasons. Naughty Dog's whole appeal is that they bring existing TV/Movie tropes into a video game and execute it well. If you take the game part out it's just some generic adventure/post apocalypse stuff.

I always think this every time a Fallout TV show gets development rumors. Like, what would it even be? Jack Vault Dweller fighting to save his girlfriend from the mutant hordes? What would it possibly be that would differentiate it from every lovely SyFy original?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1494762437605617664?t=wTLVuDip6ARIXtnau5H3zQ&s=19

I know I said a Fallout TV series is a terrible idea but this is perfect ghoul casting imo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Oh yeah I still cannot reconcile a Fallout TV show where the narrative isn't terrible but that really is great casting

Now if they drop stills of a radscorpion playing chess then I'll concede it might actually be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

Alien: Isolation is $5.99 right now and if you haven't played it I demand you do

no :colbert: