Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

1 is relatively primitive but still playable, 2 is maybe better than 4 and 3 is good but kind of all over the place story-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Having played Gears of War before that I was more amazed at it having colours other than grey and brown.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Congrats on discovering the placebo effect.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're bother a similar style yeah, DR2 is weaker game though mainly because it has an awful habit of killing all the good characters and leaving the poo poo ones.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow the trophies for TLG are pretty hardcore, not much in the way of gimmes just for playing through the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay I finished TLG, it was pretty good. The ending nailed the 'there's a whole history of poo poo going on here but we're not going to tell you any of it' vibe, even more so than Ico and SotC.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Minidust posted:

The stingiest game in regard to trophies that I've personally played was The Swapper. I actually beat it without getting a single trophy. Now that I look them up they are simply labeled in Roman numerals I through X with no description. Probably some pretentious indie nonsense.

They're just for accessing the hidden terminals as far as I can remember, I got like one in the first five minutes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can do that in FF15 too, also you can turn on wait mode which pauses combat whenever you're not moving so you can choose targets more easily.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

How did XV end up for someone who unironically believes that FFX-2 was the pinnacle of the series in both storytelling and gameplay?

Their both two of my favourite FF's but for different reasons so it depends.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All playing the demo does is give Carbuncle the name you gave him in it lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Walrus posted:

I really worry that making trico use the medallion is bad for him, or hurts him, or makes him scared :(

edit: weird to hear about it being better to play in pieces though. some of my fondest gaming memories are doing ico and sotc in one or two sittings with my old best buddy as a kid

I played it basically in one go and other than taking a break after getting frustrated at one point where I kept getting grabbed while trying to solve the puzzle it was fine.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah, yeah I missed that one too, I thought it would be obvious, since the percentage was about the same as the game completion one but I never saw it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Better a good game you can play for a month than a lovely indie you delete after 30 seconds.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

rabidsquid posted:

if the companies involved had the situation reversed this would not be the attitude about it imo

I'd prefer PS1 games over 99% of the PS+ games we get too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well if you will bring a locker to a party...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Actually it's because all phone games are poo poo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It won't, all it does it take out the people who only bought a DS to play sudoku on the train.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, they did, my freakin sister had one, she's the definition of a normie.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

For me there's gotta be some compromise because I NEED to know that a command I entered actually registered. For games or any other kind of software, that's just something that if I don't have it I'll go nuts.

Granted I haven't played the game but from reviews it sounds like there's not.

Trico actually gives you a ton of feedback in terms of body language and it becomes obvious very quickly when you're trying to make him do something that's not gonna work.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I only realized it yesterday when I saw one to scale with a WiiU controller but the Switch is omg huge and will not fit in anyone's pocket. I am really thinking that they have made a white elephant that isn't going to be particularly good as either a portable or home console.

Dooooooooomed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 3DS XL is also generally too large to fit in a pocket, it's not really something they've been concerned about for a while.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

Allright I'm stuck on what I'm pretty sure is the infamous water part in TLG. I feel like I did it half right because I got trico to smash part of the floor out but I can't get him to actually get me out of here. Help?

Not sure what part people had trouble with, but his tail should be hanging down through a hole in the floor somewhere, you have to push the crate over to it to reach it though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The robot designs look awesome and I don't hate Ubisoft open worlds so I'll be fine with that plus monster huntering robodinos with an improvised mix of ancient super technology and primitive stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah honestly post post-apocalypse is a great setting but you only ever see it in JRPG's usually.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All of those consoles had good games on though so none of them are the Bone.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guillermus posted:

As someone that only owned one sony console before the PS4 (a PSP fat and then the first slim). What are the chances on getting a Monster Hunter tittle for the PS4?

Zero for the time being, MH's primary audience is still Japanese so it won't leave Nintendo handhelds until they stop selling the most.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They'll just give it to western devs to ruin like all their once good properties

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I looked up two things and they were both because I'd missed something completely and utterly obvious.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

the last update. well at least melee sponge, i forget if you can have the gun before you get locked in the room with him

You can but you only get like six bullets which aren't enough to hurt it significantly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't play Rise of the Tomb Raider if you're interested in the story, it's dire.

Yakuza 0 in a few days is your best bet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I preferred the original reboots since it had a character I actually cared about (Sam) and wasn't intensely boring.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woah

Policenaut posted:

Haha oh gently caress Sega is finally translating the big swooshy Japanese text before fights?! Yes!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just playing that level in UC4 put paid to all rumours that Crash was actually a good game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KrayG posted:

The Crash games were excellent for their time and I'd to this day rather play them than Mario 64

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KrayG posted:

I play through them all about every 2 years and they are still the best 3d platformers from that era, and indeed probably ever

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope they port Klonoa Dream Volleyball.

There's a Klonoa cgi movie in the works for whatever reason so hopefully we'll get rereleases of the earlier games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

Am I misunderstanding or did like 4 people in a row just say gravity rush 2 is ugly looking?

Dumb people have always existed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also some people seem to be getting very confused between the first and second game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish I didn't have to work and pay my rent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There was a point in one stage in PS4 EDF where the entire map was covered in ants and it was all I could see, just more ants piled on top of more. It owned but I was very glad I'd been farming the easy Inferno level before for good weapons.

🐜 🐜 🐜