Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My friend just gave me a Vita to play Persona4. I might buy one, the way you can play PS4 remotely on it is really cool. Pity only some PS3 games work though, I just assumed they all did.

between cross buy and PS+ i had a ton of games i could play on the vita when i got it without having to buy anything, it ruled. it's perfect for stuff like Spelunky or Risk of Rain or Binding of Isaac or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

The PS store gave me $10 credit again for some reason, but there's nothing at that price point and I've got such a backlog that I don't want to spend actual money on more games. It expires in like a week, too...

Too bad, last time they did it a couple months ago, Bloodborne was on sale for :10bux: :v:

I used it for 2 hitman eps during the sale where they were $5 apiece and it was probably the best $10 i ever spent on the PS store.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

Wait you can use non-consumable items as elemancy catalysts :aaaaa: gently caress

I didn't sell them all but I sold a bunch :(

Took me easily a dozen hours to realize you could tab over on that screen. The XP ones are the debased currency items but some other random pieces of junk have cool unique catalyst effects too. Kind of annoying the item descriptions for those + ones that can be used as upgrade materials don't tell you so in any way

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Housh posted:

ABZĂ› game worth $20? I heard you folks comparing it to Journey. Does that mean it has co-op with randoms poo poo or there is no dialogue?

poo poo looks purdy.

I think I liked it more than most people because I really like fish/sea animals and that game has the coolest portrayals of marine life I've ever seen . I can't deny that the structure felt a little stale coming off of Journey, though, especially since I had just played that for the first time a couple months before

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FireMrshlBill posted:

I remember people saying months ago that GameStop accepts broken DS4's (knowingly so they can refurb them, I'm not talking about being a dick and tricking them). Is that still happening? Was it ever true?

I have a broken DS4, and am moving on Sunday so I am at the point of trashing it or if I can any money whatsoever (legitimately, they know it is broken when i trade it in), then I will swing by tomorrow real quick. The left control stick is all wonky, and you will push up and it will jump from going up to down and back, so your character will stop running or will walk when you push it all the way forward instead of run.

Thanks!

GameStop's site says "Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value", I'm fine getting $5 instead of $21 or whatever good ones go for.

They take like $5 off. I think when i did it i got $25 instead of $30. All the used controllers they buy (working ones included) go to a warehouse for parts for refurb from what I understand; they don't get put directly back on shelves

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

i dont actually know that the casual market ever dipped into handhelds. i dont think the "wii market" ever did

I know some very normal non-gamer people who bought 3DSs just for pokémon sun and moon who probably hadn't played a pokémon game since red & blue. The pokémon go trickle down effect was real

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yes. And I hear the first one is sort of short so I'm waiting for them both to come out so it feels more substantial.

It's ok, like, I absolutely wanted more Dark Souls 3 and I got my money's worth, but yeah it's nothing mindblowing like The Old Hunters. That might have been a little underwhelming too though if it were split into two parts like they originally planned

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

I was looking for a new game to play and realized I never played South Park: The Stick of Truth. Then I saw if I pre-order the sequel on the PS Store, it says I can get the first game as a bonus upon checking out. But there is no PS4 version of the first game in the store.

If I buy the new game, do they just give me the PS3 version of the old game? Or are they re-releasing the old game on PS4, but not until the sequel comes out?

you get a PS4 re-release immediately on preorder. you don't see the PS4 version of the 1st on the store because preordering the new game is the only way to get it afaik

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

improved bloodborne was always my condition for getting a pro and i was kind of relieved because i never thought it would happen..... noooo....

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Alder posted:

One day I want to be able to share my screenshots from PS4 w/o linking my dead social media. Also I have a USB but it's not supported.

I just send them in a message and then open up the PSN message app from my phone and save them there, kinda clunky but definitely beats using a USB stick

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Okay so yesterday my step-dad switched our Internet provider(from Frontier to Spectrum) and unfortunately our Internet strength went right down the toilet, which sucks cause it wasn't very good in the first place, before I'd average 1 to 5 MBPS on download speed for my PS4(not very good admittedly but it would suffice as long as no one else was doing any streaming), now it won't even crack 100 KBPS, anyone have any good suggestions to possibly fix this before I have to spend a bunch of money on a pair of Powerline adapters, and before you ask, just using an Ethernet cord isn't an option, the Playstation and our router are on opposite sides of the house

I don't know what you thought they cost but here's a pair of well-reviewed power line adapters for $22.99 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWRUIY4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-9qMyb4VX8N5F

edit: otherwise yeah the other answer is probably to buy a better router than the stock one your cable company provided you and that's gonna cost a lot more than $22

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

nah you can enter the first one pretty early. plus if you only plan on playing the game once, you'll never go back to see the second dlc since there's no way you'd need a month to beat that game

The gameplay video they released today sure makes it look like some endgame level content. It seems to start out in the weird place with all the sideways/upside down buildings you can see from the Kiln of the First Flame

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I always wondered why hitting walls didn't damage your weapons, I thought that would be the whole point of weapon durability in DS.

It does. In Dark Souls 2 katanas would break like crazy because it was impossible to swing one without scraping it against the ground

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

There's no PS4 Lumines game right? I was thinking about it the other day and kind of want to play it without hooking my 360 up (it's all I have it on okay).

Nope , there's a version for iphones that was released recently though and it plays great. It's fully featured with no weird f2p bullshit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Yeah no poo poo. I'm waiting on RE7 to get a price drop, new or used, I dont really care. I bet if I walked into a gamestop today new will be $59.99, used $54.99. I'll just buy new for $5 more. But I'm not going to buy either, so gamestop loses eitherway. $40-45 used though? I'd have no problems with it.

Oh well next year it it will be like $15 though :)

the real advantage to buying used at gamestop is the 7 day no questions asked return policy for used games. they don't really heavily advertise it but it's totally fine to just bring it back and say "I didn't like it" or whatever and get your money back

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

illBilliam posted:

I just bought Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin on sale. After Playing Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, and now Nioh... I'm not so sure I'm going to enjoy Dark Souls II :smith:

That's a weird order to play the games in but it's fine. The DLC particularly is really really good quality, probably the high point of the game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I know Titanfall 2 has been praised in this thread and the SP looks cool by reviews too. I'm thinking on getting it on this sale but I'm wondering if any of the DLC is worth it if I plan to play the SP and maybe, maaaaaaybe a bit of MP. It's 26€ for normal and 30 for Deluxe (I know 4€ isn't much but the DLC looks like just cosmetic poo poo).

DLC is 100% cosmetic (and not even in loot box form! you just buy the poo poo you want), all new maps and weapons and modes and poo poo are free for everyone on release, no strings attached. Just get the regular game and buy skins if you like it and wanna further support the devs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Shoren posted:

In Bloodborne, how is the summoning of other players handled? My brother has the game and is having a hell of a time getting anywhere. I played Demon's and Dark Souls a ton so I'm used to these games and I was considering getting BB to try dragging him through via co-op. I know BB is more aggressive compared to DS, but the core of the game is similar enough for me to pick up easily enough.

how have you played those games a ton and not played BB? gently caress your brother, pick the game up tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

I just wish you could skip into later dungeons without doing earlier ones. Chalice dungeon progress and items should have been per account, not per character imho.

That would have been a cool way to give access to weapons that don't appear until later in the story for fresh characters. Especially since stat requirements are so low for everything it's annoying that there's no way to do that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah after their recent track record I'd say it's wait for review age. Platinum age was 5 years ago.

please be good, please be good...

it's been out in english since tuesday for those willing to create a JP psn account and i've heard only great things about it from people who have played

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Imagined posted:

Got an email from Sony today that they're going to start charging sales tax on digital poo poo in my state now. I understand the arguments for online sales tax in cases like Amazon where they're using the state's physical infrastructure to deliver their goods while they compete with local businesses, but I don't get it for ones and zeros.

Pretty much it's the story of living in a failing tea party state where the idiots have cut taxes on the rich to the extent of creating billion dollar deficits and are now trying to make up for it by creating a hundred new little taxes for us poors instead of reversing the cuts on the rich. They were even talking about a new tax on using car washes recently.

On the Nintendo eshop you could just change the zip code in your account info (even if the billing address for your card was in the state that charged tax) and not worry about it. Might work on PSN

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

fridge corn posted:

did you just play 50 hours of video games in 3 days

he works for sony im pretty sure he gets stuff early

edit: beat lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh the other game I played a lot of was Pix the Cat... but the Vita had weird frame hitching and it had PS4 cross-purchase. I bought Tearaway but now that I have it on PS4 that's one less thing for the Vita.

gently caress, I think I'm going to sell it this week

I was really excited to play Pix The Cat on the Vita but the frame problems make it pretty unplayable compared to PS4 . You can't even afford to blink in that game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

What's the goon recommended difficulty for Nier? I was thinking hard but no lock on sounds dumb.

Lock on is just for shooting at stuff with your pod, not for melee combat, and it's not that useful anyways. Hard is real hard tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

You have to do absolutely everything 100% in the game to unlock it (which is a pretty good grind) so you'll probably never want to touch it again at that point anyway . And there's narrative justification for it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Instant Grat posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda has boldly decided to copy Life Is Strange by having all the main characters be snarky teenagers written by 40-year old people in suits who don't know how teenagers talk

https://twitter.com/_get2sammyb/status/843608109297913857

lol gently caress

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

pinkacidbootson posted:

Resogun is on offer so I'm going to buy it.

What do people think of the DLC modes? They are also on sale and I'm wondering if I should buy them too. Only 4 Euros for both expansions.

Very very good. It's worth playing through the base game arcade mode but I spent pretty much all my time after that in the new DLC modes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Feenix posted:

Everything seems to be a neat concept wrapped in something that would be novel for about 30 minutes. I watched a 10 min gameplay preview and devices the only lasting desire I had was to find some Alan Watts recordings for when I want to
get all zen.

I read the Kotaku review/personal essay and it sounds like there's a little more progression there than it seems like on the surface, it's not just a sandbox. I'm definitely gonna check it out eventually

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hey if I get a pair of wireless headphones (Jaybirds are what I'm looking at specifically) can I connect them directly to my PS4 or am I gonna need a bluetooth enabled audio reciever or something? Not worried about online communication/headset stuff, just want my PS4's audio out to go to the headphones

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I don't hate that they let you teleport everywhere after the first one. It makes sense. It also killed how satisfying it was to open major shortcuts and how cool it felt to get the ability to fast travel to major bonfires though. It also just made me feel like I treated the games with less gravity which was something I really liked about demons and Ds1

I'm surprised there's no points in 3 where it temporarily gets disabled and you're trapped. I was really freaked out the first time when the body snatchers got me in Bloodborne and i started respawning in the jail cell and i didn't know how close the nearest bonfire was

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

PirateBob posted:

Is the Bloodborne DLC/GOTY edition worth getting? Can't find someone selling it used in my town, but I can get the regular Bloodborne for $10. So it's between that and full price for the GOTY.

How much is "full price"? The DLC is very very good & if you like the base game you'll want it; but you can buy it for $20 and you probably won't be able to do very much of the content in it until you're near the end of Bloodborne. Unless you really want everything on one disc with no downloads just pay $10 for Bloodborne; the GOTY edition doesn't come with any other extras

edit: yeah I forgot that it's gone on sale down to like $8 before too. Just buy the base game and don't worry about grabbing the DLC til your character is like around level 60 or so. You can access the new areas quite a bit sooner than that but they'll be extremely difficult unless you're just really badass at the game

goferchan fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 17, 2017

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

If you're in the US, Abzu will be free for PS+ members starting next Tuesday so hold off on that one, at least

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Imhotep posted:

I'll look into all of these, is the Last of Us more Naughty Dog/Uncharted vibes? I hate the blockbuster movie sheen quality and cheesiness of it, the only reason I kept playing is because the gameplay and landscapes were kind of fun, and some of the set pieces were interesting, still isn't my thing.

I don't have PS+ yet because I don't have any games to play with my friends but I think I'm going to get Ark to play with a couple friends, but I just bought Unravel on a whim and gently caress is it gorgeous and fun. So calming, great music, great graphics and what seems like an emotional story. Glad I picked it up, but I still have the 20$ PSN card, leaning towards putting it towards of a month of PS Now.

Might as well if you were gonna buy Abzu honestly , it'll be cheaper. It's a fun game and it sounds ike your style from the other things you've posted about but you'll probably only play it once

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Neron posted:

Yeah I looked at the reviews too, was just wondering if anyone here had played it and had any opinions. Might as well try it out, the basic edition is only 5,95€. The "complete bundle" costs twice that but looking at it it only includes a few extra boards and chess sets, not sure if it's worth the extra.

I've only played single player and I think I got it similarily cheap in a sale. Nice interface and lots of tutorials and options for AI difficulty and stuff. Basically just what you'd want out of a chess game. Not sure why you'd really want the skins and stuff in the "complete edition"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

I remember assigning them to different things on your super secret water fort no skull faces allowed, but I don't remember sending them off to do stuff

You also had those missions where you'd deploy your own Metal Gear and stuff with the Combat Unit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Aardark posted:

Is Dark Souls still good?? I remember playing Demon's Souls back when nobody knew about Form Software, but it seems they got too popular for their own good...

lol what the hell. yeah for the most part they've gotten even better. bloodborne occupies the first spot on my Tier List by a mile but Dark Souls 1 & 3 just about tie for second with me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

It's just a single player game right? What's the length of it? Seems like a good weekend redbox game.

From what I've read it's like 20~ hours if you're doing the optional content and not just blowing through the necessary story objectives. Sounds comparable to a Deus Ex game or something (except with one big open map as opposed to a mission based game like DE or Dishonored)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Super tempted to pick up Dark Souls 2 on sale. Loved DeS, DS1 and BB but dropped and traded in DS2 for the PS3 sometime after getting to Draglic Castle I think. I seem to remember all the environments looking awful and the bosses were kinda boring. Are the improvements + added dlc worth like, $18?

Just play 3. I still like 2 but if you burnt out before SotFS isn't gonna change your min

edit:

MechaSeinfeld posted:

yeah kinda what I figured. Might just put that money toward HZD or Nioh and just play BB or DeS again.

Yeah why not play 3? I like it better than 1 honestly (but second to Bloodborne)

goferchan fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 14, 2017

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Andrast posted:

DS2 is the only souls game that did PvP well. People who like DS2 the most probably fell into that hole.

yeah it definitely had some cool ideas for covenants like the rat king stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Atlus put up a job listing this week looking for someone to work on a series that was decribed as having 4 entries already and coming to ps4

Persona 5 is almost here :worship: