Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

Welp, it finally happened to me: I accidentally bought the PS5 version of a game instead of the PS4 version. :doh:

Any experience with this? I assume I just hit up the refund folks and explain what happened, but I was curious if they're hard-asses about this kind of thing? I don't even need a refund, I just want my license swapped to the PS4 version.

I've gotten a refund once for accidentally buying a PS4 game, though it came with a just-this-once warning. You should give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

There are reasons besides CPU architecture that could cause Sony to drop PS4 BC, like losing the controller touchpad or not wanting to bother with GPU compatibility. I wouldn't bet on continued PS4 BC only because we're talking about the distant future, but if I did, it would be because MS is running with BC as a competitive differentiator.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Bloober Team should not be allowed

acksplode
May 17, 2004

FWIW upgrading to the PS5 version is free, so if there's a good sale you could jump on it and try it out without much risk. If it sucks you can hit da bricks and wait to play until you have a PS5. My understanding is that on PS4 Pro it's ugly and framey but not so crashy.