Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Discord: https://discord.gg/GyGTTTXCBG

Old Thread

PSVR Thread

PS4 Boost Mode Game compatability List

:siren: Rumor is Knack just might come to PS+ next month, or the one after. :siren:

quote:

Just wanted to let you know we launched a Discord Server for Playstation, Playstation VR...

You can reach it here: https://discord.gg/6WfGFVS or http://discordgoons.com

Get titanfall 2 it's really good.

loving enable 2FA already and stop posting in this thread about how Sony won't let you deactivate devices for 6 months

Here's sony's customer support number:
800-345-7669

Should I get a pro

Yes

What if I don't have a 4k TV?

If the game is patched for the PRO it might still help with framerate and such. Some games do actually run worse with the pro.

Oh, ok, but I mean--do I REALLY need it?

No

Well, convince me to get a pro. I don't really want to support these console "refreshes" y'know?

Dude just do whatever you want gently caress

Should I get a 4k TV

Sure if you want

What TV should I get?

KS8000. The 60" panel was outsourced so you should *probably* avoid that size, but I'm sure you wouldn't be able to tell a difference regardless. Costco's KS8000 also has a different bezel that is darker, I prefer it.

The KS8000 seems nice but I don't really want a smart TV. I mean, I can't not connect it to my wifi because reasons, and I don't want it to watch me jerk off to my animes

Ok then go spend extra effort and money to find a non-smart TV.

qbert posted:

Please add to the OP that Bloodborne is good so half the thread won't be people repeating that fact any time someone asks for a recommendation.

Some people like Uncharted 4, some don't.

Couch co-op games
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Guacamelee
- Borderlands Handsome Collection
- Geometry Wars
- Little Big Planet 3
- Rayman Legends
- Resident Evil 5
- Trine 2
- Towerfall
- Rocket League
- Defense Grid 2
- Knack (lol)
- Helldivers
- Alienation
- Resogun
- Dying Light
- Black ops 3?
- Earth Defense Force
- Overcooked
- Enter the Gungeon
- Broforce
- Mother Russia Bleeds

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Reserved I guess

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Carrying over from last thread

89 posted:

Honestly, I enjoyed the ending of Titanfall 2. That's the only game in the longest I can remember that I wanted to start clapping when the credits rolled.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Journey is just extremely solid, great for going in blind and (probably most importantly) knew how "big" it was, knew how to not wear out it's welcome,and knew when to take a bow and end.

I think there's a whole lot of games out there who could pare back their focus, release as a smaller title and get some Journey like praise but lol gently caress that 100 hours of gameplay a zillion weapons open world with more space than God's rear end buy buy buy

Kirios posted:

Witcher 3 is 100+ hours of gameplay done fantastically.

veni veni veni posted:

Ya know. i'm going to have to agree. I really enjoyed that games story and ending and I don't get why it gets dogpiled on all of the time.

89 posted:

Speaking of Witcher 3, I got that game a long time ago and got so confused and frustrating trying to play it. I'd just die constantly at Level 3. Couldn't do a drat thing.

Loaded it up today and smashed through 5 missions.

Something just clicked this time around? :shrug:

I still don't understand how to do anything with the alchemy though.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought the ending was nothing special but I bought it hoping for a game of exploration like its predecessors (1 more than 2 I guess) and it was definitely not that.

Motto posted:

Alchemy's way more simple than it seems since all the important stuff only has to be crafted once then regenerates for the rest of the game.

Nija posted:

I'm a few pages late for projector chat, but this is the one to get currently:

http://www.projectorreviews.com/the-art-of-home-theater-projectors/epson-hc-5040ub-pc-6040ub-projectors-w4k-support-announced-ce/

I have a much older Epson 8350 that does 1080p. I think it was only $900 msrp and went on sale very often for $600. I've only had to replace the bulb once.

For a project screen I use this brand: http://www.dragonflyscreens.com/.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone else is welcome to make an OP or a new thread even. I'll probably add poo poo to the OP a bit later. I just felt 2,800 pages was good enough.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

Uncharted 4 is overrated

Prob but I feel it's defintely worth a playthrough. Would have liked to see it on the pro

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Why isn't anyone talking about everyones favorite Dark victorian monster hunting game, The Order 1886 yet?

Haha oh man the posts in the PS4 Thread when it was announced and their was *some* gameplay footage. The second coming of Jesus

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I mean overrated by goons. Not saying it is a bad game, but it's definitely not for everyone, or even most people. It should be put in a category of games called "games to play if you hate yourself." A lot of goons hate themselves.

:chloe:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

loving hell do I have to close this thread already, I prefer smart TV chat

Bloodborne is hard play it if you want amen

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

FadedReality posted:

PS4 pro on a 4k TV is overrated

Ya it sucks waste of money don't get either anyone

Moving on now

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya I got texts nonstop for hours until I was able to change my pass

Thank God for tfa

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Alright fine I guess I'll get Last Guardian since everyone keeps talking about it. I'm not a 100% cheevos dude by any means, how long?

I know it's a bit unique: comparable to any other game?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you wanna game on an OLED and care about input lag I'd wait a year or two

The KS800 is just the best bang for your buck by far. There's better options i assume but probably at a 75% price increase

https://www.rtings.com is great and has all the info you'd probably need

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

*PS+ games drop tomorrow but are on PS store night before*

Anyone know why the PS+ games for the month aren't downloading or showing $0.00?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

Maybe I'm just daft, but what is the selling point of the Pro?

🙄

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Guys I don't have a 4k TV should I just get a slim or spend the extra $100 to futureproof :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did the PSVR's supply ever catch up with demand in the US? It certainly hasn't in Japan.

It doesn't seem so, but they're readily available 2nd hand at cost

What did the launch bundle cost that came with everything? $500? yep $500

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 7, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I just remember on rtings someone said the viewing angle as worse and people are scared of the different bezel :shrug:

Better or worse I doubt we'd notice

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Congrats on discovering the placebo effect.

What if they release persona 5 in 4k

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Think I'm gonna impulse buy a 2nd hand PSVR how dumb of an idea is that

I already have Rez :catdrugs: and bought Battlrfront like an idiot

Speaking of Rez, that must be the easiest game to release DLC for. I doubt they will but I really hope they do

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

$600 for launch bundle with Valkyrie and battlezone, don't really want the games but hey

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah that game gets a lot of praise, I watched some gameplay and while I dig the visuals it seemed kinda meh, one of those things you just gotta play eh? Enough replay for $20?

I assume VR videos work YouTube etc? Asking for a friend

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 8, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Good thing I have a pro to best optimize the use :frogbon:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok i'm lost how do I unlock the next level for each difficulty in Resogun I think I read you have to do each level in every difficulty? Doesn't seem to be normal level progression

or does online co-op not apply?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

And that's why I'll never own anything but a hatchback wagon. Got a 60" in the back of mine

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Knack is pretty well regarded by goons

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The Vita is a really cool piece of tech tbh. It's a shame it's all but abandoned--animes aside. There's a good amount of fun non-anime games or "light anime" (just made that up). Especially if you have had PS+ for any amount of time you'll have a huge backlog

I'd recommend it to anyone honestly. Remote play is cool--better with the PS4--but I find it gimmicky and can't see any reason to use it. Maybe if I had a wife that hogged the TV or something. Some games do remote play well with the control scheme.

Anyways yeah they're pretty cheap these days so I think it's worth it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If anyone wants to sell me their used copy of Last Guardian lmk

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqHZYhO4hIA

idk how I missed this but there's a free Rez theme on PSN since November, grab it while you can

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/area-x-dynamic-theme/cid=UP0751-CUSA05868_00-REZINFINITETHEM2

Also uses my fav Rez song 😎

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

no?

When did you get it, what from? Is it the $10 one some peeps got in November?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only like the first batch of ps4s even came with that.Q

If you bought a PS4 or pro Sony sent you a $10 code, not sure on specifics

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Not letting this effort post get lost to the last thread. I just got this in the mail and about to open it up. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Right, so I like buying things I don't need.

I spent a while googling about the Razer Raiju and Nacon Revolution.

Neither are sold in the US yet and there's no possible date because of licensing and all that. You can find various reviews about both online. They are both wired. From what I gathered the Nacon seems more recommended--but also is cheaper. I assume that's why. The Razer seems more FPS orientated as it has physical trigger stops, and two extra bumpers? The other you can adjust the deadzone or whatever for the trigger but no stops. The Nacon has raised thumb sticks, the left is concave and right is round. Per google and youtube apparently the FPS freeks will fit on the Nacon sticks, but you probably don't need them. It also has adjustable weights and apparently a lighbar (which you can adjust via the PC app and turn off?) but it will not track VR. Reviews say the sticks seem "loose." Neither are preferable for fighters, but seems the Nacon would be better for that. The nacon also swaps the stick layout to the xbox fashion, which I prefer. The razer seems to be sold out everywhere overseas. It is quite a bit more expensive. Aside from the things mentioned above comfort seems to be what you prefer. A few people seem to equally hate both controllers for being uncomfortable, but I think it just depends what you are used to. They both have four buttons on the bottom to replicate paddles but have completely different layouts.

The nacon has a PC exclusive program that has 4 profiles and a ton of overwhelming features/settings you probably don't need. You can't remap your buttons without the program, The razer has no program but you can remap on the fly.

Anyways you can order both from amazon.co.uk or apparently https://www.game.co.uk/. Amazon says it does not ship to the US on the item description but I just placed my order and per google/reddit people have been getting theirs no prob. Again, the razer one is sold out everywhere. I would like to try it out at least. I ordered two--which is the purchase limit--from amazon UK for 223.96 with expeditated shipping. Says guaranteed delivery date is January 11th. Regular shipping for the 21st-23rd was $9 less. Tax is removed at checkout but there is a shipping fee to make up for it. It says the nacon is 80 pounds but at checkout it says 75? :shrug:

So yeah, two is the limit. I got an extra because hey, it's coming from across the world, why not. Hook up a goon or sell it locally.

Anyways there's my long effort post wall of text :homebrew:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I bought abzu on sale y'all make me feel like I overpaid 😷I really liked the multiplayer aspect of Journey, added charm to it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah i got it for 8 dollars and the music is good so i'm not that bummed but i really hate the gameplay

Would be perfect for VR I'd think

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah it's pretty dumb but y'all should have a nice roku or smart TV for that poo poo :can: idk why peeps use a PS4, especially a pro, for streaming

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

homeless snail posted:

If you have a modern TV, just set up CEC and use your TV remote to control your PS4.

I couldn't get it to work with my KS8000 :saddowns:

I don't wanna spook y'all but everything I read online says any form of CEC/whatever causes input lag with your TV. I'm sure it depends on the TV but something to consider

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I feel like even 20 years from now people will still play and be nostalgic for NES/SNES games. Those games were stupid hard and unfun, it's just the only options we had at the time.

The Switch reveal was pretty lol tbh. I know it's a moot point since they have their own market pretty much anyways and it doesn't really impact ps4/xbone sales much

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Can someone just go try to trade in their busted up DS4 to GameStop and tell us what happens

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So not that anyone asked but I got the Nacon Revolution from the UK AMA

My initial post about it: Link to post

My impressions so far:

Makes me appreciate the DS4 for being a pretty solid all around controller. I do have a xim4 but I play console so I can couch lounge. Yes I know lapdesk setups exist.

First off, if you get this don't try to jam and twist the cord into the controller like an idiot like me and bend all the pins.

The software gives you a ton of options you don't need. But there's some presets on there. It's a bit buggy and for whatever reason I wasn't able to re-assign the buttons until I renamed the profile.

The controller is made of a nice hard rubbery surface. The joysticks are as well and it's pretty slick and not grippy at all. The left joystick is concave. They're otherwise smooth and solid. The right joystick does in fact fit my FPS Controlfreek Ultras but would probably damage the side of the joystick as it's grooved, wouldn't affect performance though.

The joypay is kind of weird but nice. I would say the controller is definitely not for someone with bigger hands. The included weights are a nice touch. There's two slots on each side for the weights and you get three pairs of weights. I put the two heaviest on the side towards me and the lightest ones away from me and found that feels most comfortable. The cord kind of pulls the front of the controller down a bit so this helps counter that.

The triggers are nice but definitely different. The bumpers are a bit tough to hit. The buttons are quite large, like an old person's remote. They're also really close together and have a bit of a mushy feel.

There's four rear buttons, which is why anyone wants these controllers in the first place. Your firngers rests between them naturally. Two of them are very natural to hit and would make an ideal button for jump. The others is a bit of an odd movement pushing your fingers away--wouldn't be ideal for a panic type situation or where you wanted a really fast response.

I play a lot of titanfall so after a bit of messing around i'm trying this setup

Left button: crouch
Right button: jump
Left front: change weapon
Right front: reload

Overall pretty good I'd say. I'll probably remap the joypad buttons (up, left, down, right) to triangle, square, etc. Definitely need to give it more time. The joysticks aren't very tall but definitely let you raise the sensitivity a bit. I might put my FPS freeks on them at some point. I've never used a controller with paddles but I'd think these are much easier to hit.

Welp that's all thanks for reading god bless

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 16, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you hold the PS button on the controller there's a box to check under devices to mute/unmute the camera mic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

headset chat

Anyone grab the Sony Platinum headset yet? Looks like some vendors have already been selling them (GameStop?). Reviews seem to be both good and bad

I know a lot of you have probably seen me talk about the Lucidsound line of headsets. I got their LS30 wireless stereo headset and had been eagerly awaiting the LS40's which is their "premium" headset with 7.1 VSS that came out just recently.

As much as I want to support them..I just can't recommend the LS40 at all. The sound is "hollow," which is the best way I can put it, and voices just sound real quiet. The LS30 is definitely worth checking out though and I've enjoyed using mine the last long while

Amazon ships the Platinums on the 19th it looks like. I'd like to try them out before I return the LS40 and compare them a bit. I'm really not one to return poo poo but they just really don't sound good at all

:can: I really hate wires and like to walk around my place with my headset on like a doofus, I'm considering just getting a high end wired headset