Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

Maybe I'm just daft, but what is the selling point of the Pro?

It really depends. In order for games to take advantage of the Pro, the developer has to add a patch to make it work. The Xbox One S is better in this regard in that it just upscales all games no matter what to 4K, and the Xbox One S scaler is really good. The Pro however can scale, checker board, or do native 4K. It can also, when optimized correctly, increase frame rate, render native 1080p, and have better graphic fidelity, the options are completely up to the developer and what they are able to do with the increased processor speeds. The graphics processor has been increased by 2x and the CPU is 1.5x.

So whether or not you have a 4K tv, you can see benefits with the Pro but it's only on select games. Every title going forward should have Pro support but that is not a guarantee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Injustice 2 finally has a release date, May 15, 2017. So the delay was not a big deal. We are not that far away from release.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Overall I enjoyed Dragon Age Inquisition, I even finished the game. The world design frustrated me though, collecting everything on each map required more effort then I felt was worth it and leveling was too slow; if you finish the main story you won't be high enough level to tackle the DLC was pretty absurd.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They should just put wiiu games on it since nobody owns one anyway

Since the Switch is on a mobile Nvidia chip, it's not going to be at all compatible with Wii U or Wii titles and isn't backwards compatible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

Why is Sony posting utter garbage trailers lately?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4

You said garbage, but it looks like you posted the wrong trailer???

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Megasabin posted:

They have that support in the handheld arena, and since Switch is there new handheld I'm guessing that will continue, but in reality people will buy their console just for Zelda/Mario/Metroid/Smash/Starfox/F-Zero. The last Nintendo console I've owned is a gamecube, and I've never owned a DS, but they seem like they will be more than fine.

Switch is not their new handheld. Nintendo has said straight up that the Switch is a home console first.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been watching someone play the Last Guardian all day on Twitch, and they've had zero issues with Trico, making me think the complaints are coming from complete retards. This is making me want to buy the game now because i've been basing judgment on people who don't pay attention and assuming the game just had weird rear end mechanics.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A Switch without the screen would be preferable to be honest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

the vita's already out

This is exactly what I was thinking of with the TV version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Well, there's Zelda, Splatoon 2, and Mario Odyssey. Breath of the Wild looks really amazing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

True, i'll wait and see where the Switch is in a year. I can't afford one anyways because you have to buy not just the system, but a SD card (you're going to need a real big one if not multiple), and you're going to really want the new Pro controller that Nintendo made.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sega plz let me spend lots of money on glorious Yakuza games on the PS4 thank you and god bless

Two games this year, one in early 2018.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

It has a 32 gig internal storage and takes Micro SD up to 128 gigs, so I can drop like $50 and get the max storage as opposed to Vita which charged me like $100 for 64.

No, you can get a 256GB supposedly. Samsung makes these but they are $150 - $200.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Oh you're right, just looked it up and it takes 256 but man after Vita there's no way I'm shelling out that much again for a memory card anytime soon.

I'm just glad that it's any SD card you want. Sony making an exclusive memory slot really hurt the Vita.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nioh is meant to be brutally hard, right? Like it's a game that most people probably won't ever finish?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Housh posted:

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/821779205725835272

Looks like we'll finally know when Tekken 7 comes out next week.

I've been anxiously waiting for this. I hope the release date is not a long wait. The arcade version has been out for like 2 years in Japan.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Morby posted:

They advertised a Feb 2017 release at least a year ago. I guess now they'll target April or May.

Around when Injustice 2 comes out??? :ohdear:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

if i wasnt sure it wouldnt just give me endless seizures i would buy a psvr and just spend a lot of time getting really high and playing thumper and rez

Even if you wanted one, you still can't buy it anyways. Been sold out since before launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Is there a comprehensive resource I could look at that basically says "here are the games where having a PS4 Pro actually matters" along with what is improved?

Digital Foundry's Youtube page is really good as a compliment to the list of supported games. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?DigitalFoundry

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age has a release date now, July 11, 2017 for PlayStation 4 only.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I prefer anime over girls.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

If you have Plus then your game saves are being backed up to the server automatically anyway.

Hopefully they are anyways. Space on PSN for saves is very limited and save files are huge.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does Boost Mode make Deus Ex: Mankind Divided playable?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

you're less likely to get a dedicated coop partner by waiting since that is a thing in nioh, unlike the souls games

No way, goons are still playing Demon's Souls a lot even. Nioh is going no where.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would pay Konami money to release an update for PT that deletes it. I am tired of hearing about this stupid demo that was honestly pretty lame.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

revolther posted:

Yeah but your post history proves you possess a lovely bland generalized taste while also fact dropping that really you're about as bland of a human being as possible.

PT is actually pretty amazing when you consider the fact of how long it took to be "solved", how few people still have achieved seeing even that ending, and the AMAZING job at executing for such a simple game teaser.
It rightfully earned an earmark in the tome of gaming history. It still sells the idea of a game 1000 x better than the trailer for Kojima's new title in development. Maybe you don't like horror, or maybe it just fits your whole deal as acting like a plain Lay's potato chip sort of human being.

You could plop any Horror film fan down with a copy of the PT demo, and they would get more satisfaction and time out of it than ANY horror movie made in the last decade.

Continue looking for couch co-op games to play with your 4 year old while being a taste maker and trend setter though.

This is how you tell on the internet that someone is sexually frustrated and hasn't been touched by a woman in years.

P.T. was a dumb concept that was so poorly conceived and executed that hardly anyone got through it. Even Konami thought it was an awful idea and canned it and then rightfully canned Kojima because he is an overhyped hacked that was never going to finish the game anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

Thanks for the preface, puts your comments about P.T. and Konami in perspective. You had one typo though, need a colon, not a period after the first sentence in your post. I fixed it for you.

OOH loving SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching someone on Twitch play Nioh and the game looks so awesome. :eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

I can't wait to play. One hour left until NA digital release!

Nioh has co-op where you can easily select who you play with, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feenix posted:

Yes. And no.

It has the same rando coop as Dark Souls, but also a mode where you can play with a friend throughout the whole campaign.

The playing with a friend thing sounds nice. :O I'm just worried I may not enjoy this game because of its difficulty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want to for sure download LittleBigPlanet 3. I had read though that its original release had a lot of bugs and technical issues. Hopefully all of those problems are fixed by now. I wonder if Media Molecule will ever release Dream.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I assume LBP3 still has that really floaty movement of its predecessors?

That's what i've heard, which I know turns a lot of people off the series. Seems to be something that you'll either loathe or just be able to tolerate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've always wanted to play Lords of the Fallen and I remembered that it was a free PS+ game so I have it in my library. I remember it getting a lot of negative feedback though, what was it that people really didn't like about this game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Each developer makes their own app for PlayStation 4. So if there is an issue with a specific app then you'll have to wait for the developer to release an update. I haven't used Hulu on PS4 before but it sounds awful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's a UBISoft game, it's never anyone's loss.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blackfyre posted:

Yeah I'm not quite sold on the support for the switch. It could be like say the 3ds where there is loads of cool stuff that is also unique to the switch due to it's different set up etc, (hoping its Nvidia setup etc making it easier to develop for too), but after all these people saying they would support the WiiU then dropping it like a ton of bricks I'm really quite skeptical.

I feel the same way. I don't expect the Switch will sell any better then the Wii U, barely better at best. The Nvidia chip will probably not be enough to attract developers since its a mobile chip that is a couple years old now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh it's definitely a 3DS successor but Nintendo keep muddying the water with the same 'third pillar' crap that they used when they went from GBA to DS in case it didn't catch on, so we'll see.

It's not a 3DS successor though. It doesn't have the battery life to back up being one, and Nintendo has said up front that it is a home console first.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I also don't own a 4K TV, can I just plug it into my computer monitor with a regular HDMI cable?

Yes, I have my Xbox One S and PS4 Pro hooked up to one of my computer monitors via HDMI cables. I don't even own a TV.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is that true about the new Sony headset only working with the PS4 :eyepop:??

The newest one? I would hope not, because the previous gen one which is what I have works on PC and Xbox One as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You two idiots literally linked the same video. Bloodborne really doesnt get an improvement. It's maybe a 1 or 2 frame rate difference, and so at best is slightly more consistent. Apparently it has better load times though under Boost.