Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HGH posted:

I didn't even know this existed and wow.
Apparently it was so bad the devs went bankrupt.

They were bizarrely trying to charge full price for a game that looked like it should be a cheapo downloadable title. Makes you wonder if they got screwed on the license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah that was dumb, fortunately you can still have him survive by immediately abandoning his girlfriend to almost certain death. :v:

I really didn't like that part because his death feels completely unconnected from anything you did and also how it plays out completely non-interactive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

It's never too hard to imagine a more interesting application for the Nemesis system than the LOTR setting because just about anything is more interesting than Middle-Earth.

Reminder that it originally started out life as a system for a Nolan movies Batman game. Where guys constantly coming back makes more sense seeing as Batman doesn't kill people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Killing zombies in Dying Light definitely gets faster once you start getting more bladed weapons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FauxLeather posted:

Same. There is so much gameplay footage from E3 2011 it's sad that a publisher would just drop a game that's so far along with development. It's definitely a common thing in the industry, but still, drat.

Nah, rumors were that what was shown at that E3 was literally all they had for the game. It was a rickety clockwork mechanism that could be "played" but only if you followed their script. Which, to be fair, isn't really out of the ordinary for early E3 demos.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

AAA is a category of production scale and not a rating of quality

Yes, in the games industry AAA means that the budget was over a certain amount.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just started playing Nier and was wondering, they've been giving me items that say they're good for selling but should I keep them? Like are any used for upgrades or anything like that?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You call that a twin-stick controller for giant robots? :clint:

Too bad the actual game wasn't that great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they said whether Skull & Bones is only multiplayer or is there going to be a singleplayer component?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dying Light was mentioned a bit ago and oddly enough the devs for it have started that they're still supporting it. They're doing a year of like 10 free DLC packs and new community events.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of bullshit that PSN lets games list themselves as "Free" on the store but then you click on the link and it tells you that no, it isn't actually free and you have to buy some overly expensive pack to actually play the game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I finally got a TV with HDR and I was wondering, is it something that a game has to specifically support or are all games HDR enhanced?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

Starting with GTA5 isn't the craziest thing because saying "here's some free poo poo" right off the top is cool but it was just so long.

It isn't even going to come out anytime soon. Rockstar sent out a press release and they say second half of 2021 for GTAV. They did confirm that there will be a standalone version of GTAO.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With Sony's position on cross-gen I would hazard a guess that anything actually shown today won't have a previous gen version.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sounds like the EA conference was a waste of time. All of the studios of note are 'working on next gen projects' (no announcements). Also no word on that rumored Mass Effect remaster.

There was a lot of time spent going, "Hey, Apex Legends? Sims? They're on Steam now!" like that's some big accomplishment.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

You jerks are making me want to mouse over the spoilers while I am on the fence about buying. drat you all to hell.

It is okay to click on.

After watching the upcoming videogame presentations are there any dead franchises people are hoping will come back with the new gen? Personally I would like a new Dead Space (even though the studio is gone) or more Infamous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Still no actual gameplay for AC.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BOAT CAT BOAT CAT

GOTY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

last i heard, after some gameplay of the big spaceship and the city, it was gonna be crowdsourced with art and stuff to fill the game world with help from joseph gordon levitt and people got angry that was basically work for free and then...... not a single peep.

They did a bad job of explaining it because his whole art collective thing does pays people who contribute. It isn't just a "get exposure" kind of thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mcbexx posted:

Is there a list of game elements, mechanics and mini games the AC series has straight up cribbed from other franchises?

Origins stole a lot of how its open world worked from Witcher 3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watch Dogs definitely being wishy washy with their whole "not really the police as bad guys but PMC police."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Perfect Element posted:

So like... Was stuff actually announced? I had to pause to do some life stuff, and when I was ffwding through it, I saw nothing.

God of War 2 and FFXVI

bloodysabbath posted:

PS4 launch: Killzone, Resogun, and Knack at launch.

Knack gets poo poo but it was a fun little game that was fun and nice. Killzone is a generic FPS but showed off the system pretty well and wasn’t on PC lol. Resogun was crack laced with particle effects.

PS5 launch: Hope u like spider man cause all you’re gonna get is Spider Man: Step Up 2 The Streetz.

DMC 5 Special Edition was also launch day